The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony - can it really fit 6???

xcell

I was thinking of booking the The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony for the new Escape next year but can it really fit 6 comfortably?

My plan is me, my DW, DD11, DD8 and my parents.

The second room looks awfully small...the living room bed would most likely be for my kids.

I could get two minisuites for approx $6000 and the The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony for $8000...I know it's a huge difference but it's our birthday week and I always wanted to stay in a Haven suite...

We normally travel with my parents but get two connecting cabins...just not sure what this layout will be like...

Edited by xcell

I was thinking of booking the The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony for the new Escape next year but can it really fit 6 comfortably?

My plan is me, my DW, DD11, DD8 and my parents.

The second room looks awfully small...the living room bed would most likely be for my kids.

I could get two minisuites for approx $6000 and the The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony for $8000...I know it's a huge difference but it's our birthday week and I always wanted to stay in a Haven suite...

What about getting two Haven suites. How much would that be. Also, if your parents are over 55, you can apply the AARP discount.

Edited by jmele999

Oh is what AARP??

2 haven suites would be 10K...

Any ways, my dreams have been shattered - my DW said I can't take the kids out of school for this...and a haven suite at xmas is beyond reasonable...(double the costs).... :(

I booked the 2br on the star for our baltics cruise, my parents in main bedroom, husband n myself in small room, elder son in sofa, and 12 yr old daughter probably on the upper bunk. I hope this will work out for us.... Crossing my fingers...

Edited by Haynecourt

I think it would be pretty tight with that many people. We were in the 2 bedroom villa last June (me, my husband, 3 kids ages 6,4,2). The 2 kids took the 2nd bedroom (very small but just the right size for kids) & the 2 year old was with us. The problem with someone sleeping on the pull out couch in the living area would be if others got up before they did and wanted to come out of the bedrooms without disturbing them. Everything is really close quarters in one of the villa suites.

(I realize your dreams have been shattered :( , but I'll respond anyways in the chance someone in the future might be wondering the same thing)

I think it can be done. It'll feel tight when everybody is scurrying around in the morning and wandering around the cabin, but that's expected for most any cabin on a cruise ship. You might have to get creative on who sleeps where, but it can be done quite comfortably.

If it was me and my kids were 11 and 8 again *sigh* I'd put my parents in the master bedroom, my wife and I in the double bed in the small bedroom, our 8 year old in the single bunk over us, and our 11 year old out on the sofa-bed. (side note: a murphy-bed, if available, would be preferable in the living room over the sofa-bed for the 11 year old. It would make the room looked less full, less cluttered, and would leave more room to maneuver in the morning. In our 2br Haven suite on the Epic I'm 99% sure there was a murphy-bed over the sofa.)

I say I'd put my parents in the master bedroom out of sheer respect to my parents. I'd secretly be hoping they'd offer to sleep in the smaller bedroom with their granddaughter. ;)

Edited by rajones007

We have done 2 br haven on gem and breakaway with me, my husband and 2 21 yr olds. We had large room And they had smaller room. We never felt cramped at all! Could have easily fit one more in small room on upper bunk. Another could have used living room couch but only concern would be disturbing that person by early risers.

The only reason we would take the MB is that our 8 year likes to crawl into bed...

In any case, no hopes for it now...not allowed to take kids out of school...looking around for a deal for haven...

thanks for all the replies...i think it would be tight...

side note: if we got a haven and parents justa balcony or minisuite can we sneak them into haven pool area???

The only reason we would take the MB is that our 8 year likes to crawl into bed...

In any case, no hopes for it now...not allowed to take kids out of school...looking around for a deal for haven...

thanks for all the replies...i think it would be tight...

side note: if we got a haven and parents justa balcony or minisuite can we sneak them into haven pool area???

You can't get them into the pool area but they are welcome to spend time IN your suite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

The problem with someone sleeping on the pull out couch in the living area would be if others got up before they did and wanted to come out of the bedrooms without disturbing them. Everything is really close quarters in one of the villa suites.

Looks like this disadvantage will be an advantage on a port intensive baltic cruise --- my kids in the living room who like to sleep in will have no choice but to get up early and get going! Grandpa wakes up really early so he will be our alarm clock! We will make our tours in time...lol! At least there are two bathrooms in the 2br suite.

Looking at the glass half full rather than half empty... the chance to go on this cruise is blessing enough.

I know this is sort of off topic but my parents are flipping out and we are only 4 people in a 2-bedroom.

We assume my mom and dad in the main, brother (15) in the small room and then me (19) on pull out couch so we all have our own space.

This will work right?

I know this is sort of off topic but my parents are flipping out and we are only 4 people in a 2-bedroom.

We assume my mom and dad in the main, brother (15) in the small room and then me (19) on pull out couch so we all have our own space.

This will work right?

It will work but I would put your brother on the couch giving you your own bathroom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

The "pull out" couch doesn't really pull out. The seating area becomes the sleeping area so it doesn't impede balcony access. I stayed in one with five adult women. I had the couch and we just left it as a bed so I could nap and people could sit on it as needed. I did not feel cramped - the master bath is huge. There was never an issue with access since the sink is so long plus we had two toilets and two showers. But I don't think the "regular" shower ever got used.