Full Breakfast Room Service?

LewesBeach

Someone in a mini-suite recently said they order a full breakfast delivered to the room every day. This not the continental breakfast card you fill out and hang on the doorknob at night. This is fried eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast, yogurt, juice, the works. He calls the order in when he gets up. I didn't ask if there was a charge. I've never seen breakfast included on the room service menu and wasn't aware you can get it. Anyone else ever do this? Can anyone order? or is it a Platinum or Elite perk? Thanks for your help.

Berni

Someone in a mini-suite recently said they order a full breakfast delivered to the room every day. This not the continental breakfast card you fill out and hang on the doorknob at night. This is fried eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast, yogurt, juice, the works. He calls the order in when he gets up. I didn't ask if there was a charge. I've never seen breakfast included on the room service menu and wasn't aware you can get it. Anyone else ever do this? Can anyone order? or is it a Platinum or Elite perk? Thanks for your help.

Berni

I'm not sure about the mini-suite but I know from experience that you can write things on the regular card and hang it out and you will get just what you mentioned. You can always order anything that you want on the phone.

Tom:)

There are two kitchens (Room Service and Dining Room). I was in a suite and placed an order with room service for some hot entrees. I was informed that I would not receive the hot orders from the dining room kitchen until they opened at 7:30. Ironically, it never did arrive before I left for a port visit. Luckily, the room service cereal/toast/milk/coffee arrived early.

I have never tried ordering non-listed items from a room service menu.

FYI.....If you hang out the card rather than checking the box 7-7:30 am for example I just circled the #7 and guess what the food arrived at 7 am. I did this more than once and it worked.

I've also written in an earlier time than they show on the card when we had an early port. No problem.

Sorry OP, I don't know the answer to your question. The only time I've called room service for breakfast was just to order coffee. We usually just hang the card. It's an interesting question. I'll be looking to see if anyone knows.

FYI.....If you hang out the card rather than checking the box 7-7:30 am for example I just circled the #7 and guess what the food arrived at 7 am. I did this more than once and it worked.

Yes, it works. It's better than sitting around for a half hour wondering when the food will arrive. BTW, I order a hard-boiled egg for breakfast--just write it in--and I always get it.

If you are lucky enough to have your request filled it will probably only be during the hours the DR is serving breakfast which is 7:00 to 9:00 on port days and 7:30 to 9:30 on sea days. I would also time them we'll because they need to go to a different kitchen to get those items.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The realistic answer is that if you write in reasonable special requests they will try to accommodate you subject to resources. If they are very busy or short handed, they may not be able to.

Also, since as noted the runner may have to go to two kitchens as opposed to one, a higher gratuity for special orders is appropriate.

Thanks for all your replies. But the person I talked to on the Ruby in Feb did not use the hanging card - he specifically said he "phoned the order in every morning", & he was in a mini-suite. Obviously this is a rare occurrence, as no one else other than suite passengers seems to have done this. I'm traveling with another couple and the husband is sight impaired, and they did not want to navigate the buffet for breakfast. They would rather have room service, but it may just not be an option for them.

These folks will bend over backwards for their tips. Whatever you want just ask. If room service is serving breakfast to anyone, suite, the captain, anyone then room service will deliver hot breakast to anyone who asks. They are looking for tips to live on and will do anything in their power to secure them. If you ask anyone on the ship anywhere, anytime for a service within their power to fill they will do it, unless they have been told by a superior that they will be fired for filling such a request. Giving out a hot breakfast to a guest who asks in a reguar cabin will be accomodated they just don't advertise nor do they put a menu in your room. Been there done that.

Thanks for all your replies. But the person I talked to on the Ruby in Feb did not use the hanging card - he specifically said he "phoned the order in every morning", & he was in a mini-suite. Obviously this is a rare occurrence, as no one else other than suite passengers seems to have done this. I'm traveling with another couple and the husband is sight impaired, and they did not want to navigate the buffet for breakfast. They would rather have room service, but it may just not be an option for them.
Breakfast in the Dining Room would be another option for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

You can try it either way. Don't think it has anything to do with the mini suite. Not all that rare.