LIVE from Allure of the Seas, sailing April 27th!

Good Morning, Chris. Hope you've had some COFFEE by now. I have a questtion. Are you having to go through Immigration on the ship in St. Thomas?We used to have to do this every time we went to a foreign port and then back to a US port. We hadn't had to do this for several years, but last month we did in Key West. Don't know why they started this up again or maybe they are just doing it in Key West. I hadn't seen anyone mention it in any of their reviews. Hope you don't have to; it's a royal pain. On one cruise in the past, we had to report to Immigration at 7AM. There were people in robes, in pajamas, hair standing on end, hair in curlers and people who looked like they were sleepwalking.

Have a great day in St. Thomas. Love it there. I usually go to the beach or shop at Havensight.

Luvs

We had to do this is key west once but two people on our ship had warrants and were arrested they drove to the port instead of flown that may have been the reason

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The pros all take their calendar shots from Paradise Point at the top off the tram ride. Great view of the harbor, the docks at Havensite and, if clear, Crown Bay. You need a superzoom (12x or greater) to get that last shot. I think we hit ST one week of our July b2b on Jewel OTS and the 14 night repo on EX in November.

Last two times in ST we were on Oasis class and Crown Bay is nowhere as good as Havensite.

Looks like a fantastic day weatherwise. Enjoy! Breakfast looked very good. Yum! The Promenade looked pretty deserted. Were you up very early or did everyone just sleep in. Glad you don't have to put up with Immigration on the ship. They've been doing this again in Key West since at least last October. Maybe it is because the Grandeur is docking at the Naval base there. Whatever, it is an inconvenience, but not iike we've experienced in the past.

Luvs

Just noticed your screen name. By any chance, are you from Ocean View, NJ? We camp at Ocean View Campground in the summer.

I am from nj northern Bergen county not fam w the campground is it south by the shore ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Breakfast of course and plenty of coffee...

2014-04-30070537_zps70b8bf5e.jpg

Sure wish they would offer breakfast at JR's on the other ships. Really enjoyed it when we were on Oasis.

Sure hope you are having a great day in St Thomas. Cool, rainy, and dreary here.

Loving the ride. Keep up the great work. Anxiously awaiting your pics from today.

Found out an interesting back story on limes in today's newspaper. Limes have gone from $7-10 a case to a whopping $35 per case! That is wholesale! This is due to a citrus disease in Florida and a disruption of supplies from Mexico. Hopefully that will change with supplies coming from Columbia and Costa Rica. :eek:

O.K. popping out to get the ingredients for a Bushwacker.,.,,cruiser in training:D

Bushwacker:

4 oz cream of coconut

2 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur

1 oz Bacardi® black rum

1 oz dark creme de cacao

4 oz milk

Blend with 2 cups ice for 2 12oz glasses

Edited by BecciBoo

Hi Chris did Emmy or Wendy tell you about the bushwhacker drinks right by the port in St Thomas it's a must you have to go try them!!!!!

Hi Lisa. Oh yes those ones right at the pier are the best. Been much too long since I have done eastern Carib. I want one of those

O.K. popping out to get the ingredients for a Bushwacker.,.,,cruiser in training:D

Bushwacker:

4 oz cream of coconut

2 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur

1 oz Bacardi® black rum

1 oz dark creme de cacao

4 oz milk

Blend with 2 cups ice for 2 12oz glasses

I love bushwackers :D. A restaurant/bar here in town has the best bushwackers ever. I always order one with an extra shot of Bacardi for a little extra kick :p.