Anthem in NY

Doesn't appear to be the case. Summer looks to be LOS once both ships are built.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Liberty is in Bayonne after Quantum leaves for China and before the Anthem arrives.

I believe that a senior exec from RCI has already mentioned or alluded to the fact that Anthem would indeed be staying in Bayonne. Providing Bermuda does the dredging it is supposed to do.

Theres no point in even speculating at this point. Royal Caribbean doesn't even know.

The fact that they intended for Quantum to stay year-round and changed their decision with less than a year from her re-positioning date speaks volumes.

Any RCI ship homeporting in Bayonne has to be able to do the 5 day runs to Bermuda in the summer.

Unless Bermuda goes forward with the dredging, Quantum class can't get into Bermuda while Freedom class and smaller can get in.

Therefore RCI will sub in the Liberty OTS or similar in the summer until Bermuda does the dredging, while Quantum class will do the fall and winter here in Bayonne. RCI has options for up to 4 Quantum Class ships which means they could rotate in a new Q ship every year for 4 years if Bermuda plays stubborn.

The cold equations of physics.

Theres no point in even speculating at this point. Royal Caribbean doesn't even know.

The fact that they intended for Quantum to stay year-round and changed their decision with less than a year from her re-positioning date speaks volumes.

Vicki Freed did state on her live blog that the Anthem would be staying in Bayonne.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2031365

Of course that would be dependant upon Bermuda getting the dredging done.

Any RCI ship homeporting in Bayonne has to be able to do the 5 day runs to Bermuda in the summer.

Unless Bermuda goes forward with the dredging, Quantum class can't get into Bermuda while Freedom class and smaller can get in.

Therefore RCI will sub in the Liberty OTS or similar in the summer until Bermuda does the dredging, while Quantum class will do the fall and winter here in Bayonne. RCI has options for up to 4 Quantum Class ships which means they could rotate in a new Q ship every year for 4 years if Bermuda plays stubborn.

I know that they exercised the option for the 3'rd Quantum class ship but thought I had read somewhere that they had passed on the option for the fourth ship.

Or, maybe they will keep repeating this pattern....that is, in the spring of 2016, the Anthem will leave, they'll bring another Freedom class ship in until fall, then bring the next newbuild over to NY for the winter....

I agree with the thought that RCI probably doesn't know themselves, but I kind of like the plan to debut the newbuilds at Cape Liberty, even if they only stay for a few month's....:D;)

Vicki Freed did state on her live blog that the Anthem would be staying in Bayonne.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2031365

Of course that would be dependant upon Bermuda getting the dredging done.

And Adam Goldstein stated that Quantum would be staying in Bayonne year round last year.

In terms of Royal Caribbean, I don't believe it until I see it anymore!

And Adam Goldstein stated that Quantum would be staying in Bayonne year round last year.

That he did but I do not believe for a minute that he outright lied and made that statement knowing that it was not going to happen. Stuff happened and they had to change their timelines. While yes stuff could happen again that would force them to change plans I would think that they would be careful in what they are now stating given the negative reaction that the departure of the quantum had.

That he did but I do not believe for a minute that he outright lied and made that statement knowing that it was not going to happen. Stuff happened and they had to change their timelines. While yes stuff could happen again that would force them to change plans I would think that they would be careful in what they are now stating given the negative reaction that the departure of the quantum had.

Until Bermuda does the needed dredging Quantum class can not stay in Bayonne year round. Simple as that.

When I went to the Dynamic Dining reveal in March everybody talked as if Quantum would be in NY year-round. Obviously a deadline passed and Bermuda sat on it's hands whistling and doing nothing with the dredging. so the big-wigs had to do something and they did. They accelerated the deployment of a big new ship to China by 18 months.

I haven't heard anything about the option for a 4th Quantum class ship, positive or negative. They're still building #1.

All three cruise ports, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Cape Liberty (Bayonne), are considered to be in the Port of New York, generally speaking. Also included are the container ports at Newark and Elizabeth. To mollify those in New Jersey who were slighted by this, the Port of NY Authority changed their name many years ago to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey......

All three cruise ports, Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Cape Liberty (Bayonne), are considered to be in the Port of New York, generally speaking. Also included are the container ports at Newark and Elizabeth. To mollify those in New Jersey who were slighted by this, the Port of NY Authority changed their name many years ago to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey......

:rolleyes:

Adam thoughts are a bit different.

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/caribbean-extremely-promotional-yet-royal-drives-post-wave-bookings-bump.html

Looking at any Anthem cruises Ken?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Dave we booked the 8nt sailing to the Bahamas on 11/22/15 (the sailing after yours) & the 12nt 3/27/16 sailing to the Southern Caribbean. Bothe sailings are in a Cat D1 deck 12 near the hump with the larger balcony. The Per-Diem prices are cheaper on the 12nt sailing then on the 9 nt sailing on the Liberty for Mid-August 2015.

Dave we booked the 8nt sailing to the Bahamas on 11/22/15 (the sailing after yours) & the 12nt 3/27/16 sailing to the Southern Caribbean. Bothe sailings are in a Cat D1 deck 12 near the hump with the larger balcony. The Per-Diem prices are cheaper on the 12nt sailing then on the 9 nt sailing on the Liberty for Mid-August 2015.

Very nice! Don't worry, those of us on the 11/10 sailing will leave her in good shape for you. :p

I'm exited to be on her first revenue sailing from Bayonne, should be fun!

We are all guessing. We don't know if the company used the non-dredging situation as an excuse to enter China early...........or if Bermuda caused the shift.

The Bermuda run always made a ton of money for RCI, based on the cabin rates. I remember the per diems were higher then on the other itineraries.

Adam was very diplomatic about the situation.

Question: Why aren't there any cruises to Bermuda during the winter months? I assume the weather is really too cold?

I always think of Bermuda as being southerly and warm, but I suppose that I am wrong. Too bad. I would really have preferred to go to Bermuda.

Question: Why aren't there any cruises to Bermuda during the winter months? I assume the weather is really too cold?

I always think of Bermuda as being southerly and warm, but I suppose that I am wrong. Too bad. I would really have preferred to go to Bermuda.

Its the weather. If you look at a map you'll see that it's on the same latitude as South Carolina. I don't know much more about its winter weather beyond that, but it doesn't seem like somewhere anyone would want to go on a cruise in the winter.

Edited by Dave85

We are all guessing. We don't know if the company used the non-dredging situation as an excuse to enter China early...........or if Bermuda caused the shift.

The Bermuda run always made a ton of money for RCI, based on the cabin rates. I remember the per diems were higher then on the other itineraries.

Adam was very diplomatic about the situation.

I agree. I don't see anything in that article that explains more than what the company line has been. Many of us will continue to believe that the Bermuda issue forced them to move Quantum somewhere, and China allowed them to do something they wanted to do while resolving something they had to, and it also gave them a good excuse for moving it out of NJ.

Its the weather. If you look at a map you'll see that it's on the same latitude as South Carolina. I don't know much more about its winter weather beyond that, but it doesn't seem like somewhere anyone would want to go on a cruise in the winter.

Thanks for answering my question!