Breakaway Spring Break VIDEO - April 20-27, 2014

Chesneygirl

awesome video! the breakaway looks amazing! I hope I will get to cruise her myself one day

Thanks for watching and posting your nice comment!

I hope you get the opportunity to cruise on the Breakaway. It's a wonderful ship with a great crew!! :)

Another great video! You are so talented, and your daughter is lovely. What a wonderful way to have special time with your daughter. I'm sure it's a vacation that she will cherish always.

I was one of your obsessive "voting" fans that voted everyday. You really have an excellent eye with the camera. I think I need to take you along on my next cruise, as my photos and videos are usually very lackluster. oh well!

Enjoyed your video! Excellence again!!!:)

Never did I think someone's vacation video could make me cry!

What a great tribute to your daughter! What a great video!

Thanks for sharing!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Another great video! You are so talented, and your daughter is lovely. What a wonderful way to have special time with your daughter. I'm sure it's a vacation that she will cherish always.

I was one of your obsessive "voting" fans that voted everyday. You really have an excellent eye with the camera. I think I need to take you along on my next cruise, as my photos and videos are usually very lackluster. oh well!

Enjoyed your video! Excellence again!!!:)

Thanks so much for the kind words and the voting for the contest last November!

I still haven't taken that free cruise yet. NCL has been pretty strict about it. It has to be a Caribbean cruise which means having to fly to Florida. I am hoping to take it in August or September.

Stay tuned for another video coming in June as we will be taking my son and 3 of his friends to Bermuda on the Breakaway. This will be a high school graduation present to all of them. :)

Hi there ! Have seen a few of your videos and always loved how nice they came out and I know a lot has to do with you editing and adding your own touch but I was wondering if I can pick your brain for a second. : )

I saw the camera and equipment list and I am on a search for a new video camera. Would you recommend this camera for someone that is a normal mamarazzi, like myself? Meaning, I need someting somewhat easy to use but takes awesome video of vacations, sports, dance etc. of the kids. I am wiling to buy the book for dummies!

Also, I am not famliar with all the items you listed but would you recommend getting a larger lens than what comes with the camera?

Many thx for any input.....advice etc etc....

Looking to spend under $1,000

Hi there ! Have seen a few of your videos and always loved how nice they came out and I know a lot has to do with you editing and adding your own touch but I was wondering if I can pick your brain for a second. : )

I saw the camera and equipment list and I am on a search for a new video camera. Would you recommend this camera for someone that is a normal mamarazzi, like myself? Meaning, I need someting somewhat easy to use but takes awesome video of vacations, sports, dance etc. of the kids. I am wiling to buy the book for dummies!

Also, I am not famliar with all the items you listed but would you recommend getting a larger lens than what comes with the camera?

Many thx for any input.....advice etc etc....

Looking to spend under $1,000

I do love my camera very much. I self taught myself on it by watching a lot of tutorial type videos on Youtube and Vimeo. The only thing I would caution you on with using this type of camera for video is to make sure that you have a decent tripod or monopod to keep it stable. Otherwise you will notice a lot more "camera shake" in your shots then if you were to use a traditional video camera.

I started off with just the camera and the stock lens that came with it and practiced with that. Coming from a point and shoot type of camera to a DSLR that required changing out lenses took a lot of patience. I even second guessed myself at having spent all that money but I stuck with it and now I can't even imagine myself with a point and shoot.

Once you get going and become comfortable with the stock lens then I would recommend upgrading. It's a huge investment to make and then decide you don't like it.

Hope this info helps! :)

So sorry I didn't get a chance to check back sooner! Thank you for your input! I was looking at Amazon and the best base price right now is $550. My hubby took my two older kids to Best Buy now to check out their pricing and such. I am home my my little one who is sick otherwise I would check it out myself. It looks like a Mother's Day gift for me : )

Thanks again! We just booked the Dawn for this summer so hopefully I will learn how to work it by then! Hahahha

Just wow.

I watched the video without sound and thought it was amazing. Then I saw you had 1R's I Lived as the song, so I was like, okay I have to watch it again. Just blown away. But that second time I showed my wife with the sound, and she was like, wait, that's not a professional video? We both think if you don't do this professionally, you should!!

You're getting on the Breakaway the day we're getting off! We'll try to leave it in good shape for you! :D

Just wow.

I watched the video without sound and thought it was amazing. Then I saw you had 1R's I Lived as the song, so I was like, okay I have to watch it again. Just blown away. But that second time I showed my wife with the sound, and she was like, wait, that's not a professional video? We both think if you don't do this professionally, you should!!

You're getting on the Breakaway the day we're getting off! We'll try to leave it in good shape for you! :D

Thank you...I am extremely flattered by your compliment!

I would love to do this professionally...maybe someday someone from NCL will discover me. :)

I hope you have a great cruise!

So sorry I didn't get a chance to check back sooner! Thank you for your input! I was looking at Amazon and the best base price right now is $550. My hubby took my two older kids to Best Buy now to check out their pricing and such. I am home my my little one who is sick otherwise I would check it out myself. It looks like a Mother's Day gift for me : )

Thanks again! We just booked the Dawn for this summer so hopefully I will learn how to work it by then! Hahahha

Good luck with the camera!

If you look in my signature below, I have a couple of Bermuda videos taken on the Dawn out of Boston.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks so much for the kind words and the voting for the contest last November!

I still haven't taken that free cruise yet. NCL has been pretty strict about it. It has to be a Caribbean cruise which means having to fly to Florida. I am hoping to take it in August or September.

Stay tuned for another video coming in June as we will be taking my son and 3 of his friends to Bermuda on the Breakaway. This will be a high school graduation present to all of them. :)

Happy Mother's Day to all!

I'm taking my son to Bermuda for his high school graduation/18th birthday on Breakaway in July.

Have a great time in June and thanks again for sharing your video with us.

Happy Cruising!

Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Another great Video. Whenever I see a Chesneygirl posting and video I automatically click on it to enjoy your work. Have been watching your videos since the Dawn leaving Boston version. I continue to be impressed. Your editing and selection of music has been top notch. I too voted for your Video during the contest. Thank you for posting.

Happy Mother's Day to all!

I'm taking my son to Bermuda for his high school graduation/18th birthday on Breakaway in July.

Have a great time in June and thanks again for sharing your video with us.

Happy Cruising!

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Hope you have a great cruise as well!

Congrats to your son!!

Another great Video. Whenever I see a Chesneygirl posting and video I automatically click on it to enjoy your work. Have been watching your videos since the Dawn leaving Boston version. I continue to be impressed. Your editing and selection of music has been top notch. I too voted for your Video during the contest. Thank you for posting.

Thanks for watching and posting your kind words!

It gives me great pleasure to make these videos and to have others enjoy them makes it all worth it for me! :)

Thanks for watching!!

Chesneygirl, I totally forgot to ask you how you liked your stateroom and balcony?!?!

;)

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

Chesneygirl, I totally forgot to ask you how you liked your stateroom and balcony?!?!

;)

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

We LOVED our room!!

The angular balcony was great and noticeably bigger. Even though it was forward facing the wind was never an issue except for one sea day. But on that particular sea day the winds were really kicking up and the Captain actually ordered everything to be closed off on the Port side of the ship including the Waterfront.

The location just off the elevator/stairway was also great. It was never busy or noisy with hallway traffic.

I would book that cabin again in a heartbeat. I was actually considering it again for the June cruise but my TA offered to bump us up to a mini suite for the same price as the BD category. So I took that instead. I will definitely miss the angular balcony though.

Thank you for the info. Yay! So excited to hear all is good. We plan to spend a lot of time out on the balcony, including watching the fireworks.

I was concerned about the space between the beds when they are separated, but your video laid them to rest. Thank you.

Close proximity to the stairs was also a factor in booking this room.

Thank you once again and have a great cruise this summer with your family.

Robin

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006