Can Two Adults Enjoy a Disney Cruise w/o Kids?

AF-1

Yes!

We do not have children and we've been on the Wonder three times now. She's such a gorgeous ship and I DID like feeling I could be traveling in another time on her.

We loved Palo. We loved the excursions. I even played bingo. BINGO! Me. That's crazy. There are adult-only areas, and we loved loved loved the spa. Yet, suddenly Pluto would appear and you could play for a bit with him. It was just lovely on each and every cruise we took on the Wonder.

We also enjoyed watching all of the families have a great time with their kids. It made us feel more like a family, even though there is just two of us.

Now that's what I'm talking about. You guys are the reason I have to get on a Disney Ship. Two adults having a good time; but at times acting like a kid. Thanks for the feedback

The whole food question is a highly personal decision. In Palo and Remy' date=' it is excellent. Surprisingly, at dinner in Cabanas/Topsiders, it is also very good.

In the main dining rooms....we found some dishes to be great, but most to be at the top of "just OK." On our second to last cruise we had a server who was "unmotivated" to say the least. Our service was slow and our food was always cold. Since it was a B2B, we asked for a different server for the second leg and the food improved markedly.

We've had much better food on Celebrity...but to be fair, the service was better on DCL most of the time. If you are a foodie, DCL probably isn't the place.[/quote']

What I love about your feedback is truth. Your honest answer helps me narrow down my decision. I am not a foodie at all. Upscale, MDR, Buffet, I am ok with all of it; however, lack of motivation as you mentioned is unacceptable. It doesn't matter if your on a cruise, hotel, restaurant , lack of motivation is cause for removal If you don't like your job, move on to another line of work. Now to be fair; everyone can be having a bad day or even a bad week; if that's the case I will cut you some slack. Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by AF-1
spelling

Now that's what I'm talking about. You guys are the reason I have to get on a Disney Ship. Two adults having a good time; but at times acting like a kid. Thanks for the feedback

I love what you posted. "Two adults having a good time; but at times acting like a kid. " If we could look at a cruise through the eyes of a child, what wonder cold we see.

I love DCL and have sailed on all four ships.

This Oct DH and I are doing two 4 night B2Bs on the Dream CL. We'll have adult friends joining us on both legs of the cruise and are very much looking forward to it.

In 2015 DH and I are again going to be at it for 9 nights on the Magic in the fjords, again with friends joining us.

I every much enjoy Disney's adult areas, their shows and their lounges. I'd agree with a PP that my favorite food is actually on X but the adult Disney experience is a lot of fun.

We're not foodies AT ALL so we found the food good on DCL. I am a huge dessert-lover and nothing I've ever had has beaten Palo's dessert with the chocolate souffle. I am a huge steak lover so I did really enjoy having the option for steak every single night. And you can order two of something or switch up the sides. This picky-what-she-eats person LOVED being able to avoid onions at all costs.

However, I can't stand bad service. We've not once encountered any on DCL. I think I would have spoken to someone about a server's attitude if it was bad enough for me to notice.

I have a big sweet tooth; actually I have a big sweet fantasy. Sign me up for any and all sweet desserts. And a good steak is always worth a try. So Palo, is this the steakhouse on the Ship?

I have a big sweet tooth; actually I have a big sweet fantasy. Sign me up for any and all sweet desserts. And a good steak is always worth a try. So Palo, is this the steakhouse on the Ship?

No, not a steakhouse. Extra cost adult-only dining. Northern Italy theming. On all four ships. Here's the write up for the Wonder.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/wonder/dining/palo/

Edited by Shmoo here

My husband and I are both in our mid-late twenties and absolutely LOVE taking Disney cruises together. We do not have any kids at this time and are amazed at how many options are available for us on this cruise line that are not on others.

I will say that it is a family cruise line, so this is definitely not a Frat party type situation (if that is what you are into), but there definitely is a ton of fun to be had!

I know it's cliche, but it honestly feels like the cruise was made for us - and I'm well aware that my age group is a hard one to cater to.

My husband and I are both in our mid-late twenties and absolutely LOVE taking Disney cruises together. We do not have any kids at this time and are amazed at how many options are available for us on this cruise line that are not on others.

I will say that it is a family cruise line, so this is definitely not a Frat party type situation (if that is what you are into), but there definitely is a ton of fun to be had!

I know it's cliche, but it honestly feels like the cruise was made for us - and I'm well aware that my age group is a hard one to cater to.

Well said!

Shmoo here, Thanks for chiming in Palo looks good; my wife is italian so this will work

kddisneyfan, you said what I was thinking; you have a good time no matter the age, and you can interact as much or as little as you like. Thanks

Yes! Disney cruise is enjoyable without kids. I had a great time on my Disney cruise on the Dream. It was my boyfriend at the time (25) and me (33). It was an easy embarkment and debarkment. Palo was great and The Golden Mickey show was fun. Fireworks while at sea was fantastic and Castaway Cay was nice. I like the fact that there was a kids area on the island as well as the adult area. I didn't make it over to the kids area since I was having fun in the cool blue water but my boyfriend made it there and saw Jack Sparrow!! Got a chance to take pictures with different characters that I normally only could on special occasions like Mickey's Not so scary Halloween Party. Was able to dress up as Belle at dinner if I wanted to and got a chance to take pics with her :eek::eek:! I say go ahead! I want to go again myself

Pam

• 3 weeks later...

We honeymooned on the Fantasy last September. We had a total blast!! There is so much for the kids to do, that you hardly see them. We spent a lot of time in the adult area and forgot their were hundreds on kids on board. There isnt a huge party/drinking scene, but there are plenty of bars.

We cruised with one child and we loved the spa on the first Disney ship they put out. You can't deny there are kids at dinner and at all the shows, more than on other lines. It's fun and I clearly remember how thrilling it was to hear the ship's horn for the first time. Hoping we can take our youngest two for their tenth birthday next year. I never went to WDW until I was 16 and it was amazing even at that age (I won tickets on a local radio station). I'm sure you will love it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We cruised with one child and we loved the spa on the first Disney ship they put out. You can't deny there are kids at dinner and at all the shows, more than on other lines. It's fun and I clearly remember how thrilling it was to hear the ship's horn for the first time. Hoping we can take our youngest two for their tenth birthday next year. I never went to WDW until I was 16 and it was amazing even at that age (I won tickets on a local radio station). I'm sure you will love it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

you are right. there is something amazing about Disney and they seem to have perfected how to have fun and allow you to enjoy your vacation

We honeymooned on the Fantasy last September. We had a total blast!! There is so much for the kids to do, that you hardly see them. We spent a lot of time in the adult area and forgot their were hundreds on kids on board. There isnt a huge party/drinking scene, but there are plenty of bars.

thanks for the feedback. i really appreciate you taking the time to chime in. all these posts help me with my decision

14 Day Panama Cruises usually don't have a lot of kids on board, no matter who you cruise with, so maybe consider this option.

You know I'm thinking of doing the Vancouver To Hawaii or vice versa. Five sea days; don't think there will be a lot of kids then; it is September 2015; most kids will be back in school. It's a ten day cruise

We are really thinking about this now. We would be also not taking any children with us. But we think that having children on board would add to the cruise. Watching it all through their eyes. Maybe we can get some of our lounger members of our family to come too.

• 2 weeks later...
So do you think if my wife and I went we would be at dinner table with all adults?

In eight cruises with DCL we've never been seated with other than adults (2nd seating). We've just booked our ninth and plan on meeting up and sharing our table with a couple we sat with last year and hope to have others at the table as well.

Also, in our B2B cruise, we were seated on the second leg with the same couple we'd been seated with the previous year. Total coincidence since they booked at the last minute (Florida residents). Although while their presence was a coincidence, I'm sure that being seated with them was engineered based on our previous records. If I'd known in advance, we wouldn't have booked Palo's since we really enjoyed our time with them.

We also communicate occasionally with other couples we've been seated with at other times.

We've not seen too much of children under 18 being in the adult areas. You should note that there are also adult-only activities during both day and evening and sometimes adult-only excursions. We've also found that the movie theatre tends to be sparsely populated with children during the day as they tend to be in the clubs. Also, Castaway Cay has adult-only areas.

We have had our photos done with characters and been to the character breakfast which isn't generally my kind of thing but you sort of get pulled into it and regress to childhood a bit. Next time I'm going to try to plan and get my photo with Jack Sparrow. We've even had characters come around the adults-only areas to visit.

YES, YES, YES!! Y'all will love the Disney Cruise Line!! If you are a Disney fan, you will love the ships.

I took my very first cruise July 2013 on the Dream traveling with my sister and 26 and 25 year old daughters. We absolutely loved it. Like other cruisers have noted, the adult pool and bars are great, as are the sunning areas on decks 12 and 13. Although there were many kids on the ship with us, and it was a pretty full ship, you are not overwhelmed with kids.

You will find Disney cruises are more expensive than Royal Caribbean, but you tend to get what you pay for. And I do love Royal Caribbean. The food was superior on the Disney Dream in Cabanas buffet and in the sit down restaurants compared to RCCL. The cabin on the Dream (family oceanview with veranda) was just a bit larger than the cabin on the Liberty. You will not have the variety of shopping on any Disney ship that you sail compared to the larger RCCL ships, but thats ok too! It is also considerably harder to get discounts on the shorter Disney cruises, but you can find a way to get some benefits. Dont want to 'advertise' in this forum for any 'credit card' but your travel agent or the Disney Cruise Lines website can give some direction.

I will be sailing on the Dream again September 4!! CANT WAIT!! :D :D

I hope y'all have a wonderful time!!

YES, YES, YES!! Y'all will love the Disney Cruise Line!! If you are a Disney fan, you will love the ships.

I took my very first cruise July 2013 on the Dream traveling with my sister and 26 and 25 year old daughters. We absolutely loved it. Like other cruisers have noted, the adult pool and bars are great, as are the sunning areas on decks 12 and 13. Although there were many kids on the ship with us, and it was a pretty full ship, you are not overwhelmed with kids.

You will find Disney cruises are more expensive than Royal Caribbean, but you tend to get what you pay for. And I do love Royal Caribbean. The food was superior on the Disney Dream in Cabanas buffet and in the sit down restaurants compared to RCCL. The cabin on the Dream (family oceanview with veranda) was just a bit larger than the cabin on the Liberty. You will not have the variety of shopping on any Disney ship that you sail compared to the larger RCCL ships, but thats ok too! It is also considerably harder to get discounts on the shorter Disney cruises, but you can find a way to get some benefits. Dont want to 'advertise' in this forum for any 'credit card' but your travel agent or the Disney Cruise Lines website can give some direction.

I will be sailing on the Dream again September 4!! CANT WAIT!! :D :D

I hope y'all have a wonderful time!!

Thanks for your feedback

In eight cruises with DCL we've never been seated with other than adults (2nd seating). We've just booked our ninth and plan on meeting up and sharing our table with a couple we sat with last year and hope to have others at the table as well.

Also, in our B2B cruise, we were seated on the second leg with the same couple we'd been seated with the previous year. Total coincidence since they booked at the last minute (Florida residents). Although while their presence was a coincidence, I'm sure that being seated with them was engineered based on our previous records. If I'd known in advance, we wouldn't have booked Palo's since we really enjoyed our time with them.

We also communicate occasionally with other couples we've been seated with at other times.

We've not seen too much of children under 18 being in the adult areas. You should note that there are also adult-only activities during both day and evening and sometimes adult-only excursions. We've also found that the movie theatre tends to be sparsely populated with children during the day as they tend to be in the clubs. Also, Castaway Cay has adult-only areas.

We have had our photos done with characters and been to the character breakfast which isn't generally my kind of thing but you sort of get pulled into it and regress to childhood a bit. Next time I'm going to try to plan and get my photo with Jack Sparrow. We've even had characters come around the adults-only areas to visit.

Thanks for your feedback

We had the same question once and took the Disney Dream to find out on our own. We loved it so much that we're taking it again in two weeks.

We have also cruised, by order of preference, on Celebrity, Princess, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, MSC and Carnival. IMO, Disney has the best cabins. I would love to take a 2wk cruise on the Dream. Also, the theater is definitely a plus for a relaxing day watching a movie. The restaurants were beautiful, but we missed having a table for two. This time we plan to try "Remi" and see how that goes.

Yes, there are a lot of kids, but they do their thing and we do ours. The Dream has a bar called "Skyline" that we loved and are looking forward to going again.

I hope you try out Disney and form your own opinion. Well worth a try.