Epic Studio cabin number changed to GTY

cjc3008

Thankyou TiffanyD and Blondie08 for the comforting words. Yes my TA is fully aware I want the studio cabin back ! It is the British offices of NCL that only open Mon to Fri and now that we have a bank holiday nothing will happen till Tuesday.

I am just so disappointed to have this happen close to sailing without a word from NCL to say they had changed my booking.

Might ask your TA to contact NCL corporate. I didn't think NCL booking agents took bank holidays.

Edited by graphicguy

I have my booking invoice stating cabin number. My account online also showed that same cabin number until this week when it was suddenly changed online to GTY without any warning.

Could simply be there is a problem with that particular cabin and so waiting to re-assign you.

I wouldn't worry too much about if you get offered an inside or hopefully a balcony.

The door is opened for all solo travellers when the meeting and bar is open in the evening. outside of that time only a handful of other passengers in there.

Perks of non studio is that you will get larger wardrobe and more importantly a fridge!!

If you do get an upgrade outside of studios they can still programme your card with lounge access.

Relax, don't fret and enjoy the bank holiday weekend whilst the Sun shines.. :D

Could simply be there is a problem with that particular cabin and so waiting to re-assign you.

I wouldn't worry too much about if you get offered an inside or hopefully a balcony.

The door is opened for all solo travellers when the meeting and bar is open in the evening. outside of that time only a handful of other passengers in there.

Perks of non studio is that you will get larger wardrobe and more importantly a fridge!!

If you do get an upgrade outside of studios they can still programme your card with lounge access.

Thankyou for making me smile with the comment of a larger wardrobe !! Being female that has to be bonus LoL.

Also the ability to access the studio lounge for all solo travellers.

I will enjoy my weekend now and think of Mediterranean sunshine in four weeks !! Thankyou

Hi

Here we are one week on and still no response from NCL Miami as to the request for a new cabin assignment !! Responsibility for the error has been accepted so why can't they make a quick upgrade and end this upset with only 3 weeks to sailing ?? Surely a week is more than enough to satisfy a customer when it is their error.

It amazes me that NCL has a presence on this board yet does not get involved in issues that are clearly their fault such as yours.

Instead their public relations people post about the Sun's drydock and the Pearl's charters today but ignore the real issues with customer bookings.

It seems to me that helping with some of the more blatant NCL failings would go a long way instilling some respect and trust that they actually do care to makes things right.

Crazy as it sounds, some people who were thinking about a cruise just might be impressed enough to make NCL their cruise line of choice for their next sailing if they would just be a little proactive.

So it turns out NCL did not move you to an inside GTY. What they actually did was change you from an assigned room to a Studio GTY. I'm not sure if you booked a GTY or not, but NCL does have the right/ability to change your room assignment as they see fit. As long as they get you into a Studio before you board, all is well. In looking back through all of these posts the only mention I see of moving to an inside is your statement the TA speculated you "might" get an inside, not that NCL told them that?

The question is, did you book a Studio GTY? If you did not, then you will almost certainly get a Studio or a better room. As an fyi, a T1 GTY is a Studio GTY not an inside.

Edited by rvsullivan

So it turns out NCL did not move you to an inside GTY. What they actually did was change you from an assigned room to a Studio GTY. I'm not sure if you booked a GTY or not, but NCL does have the right/ability to change your room assignment as they see fit. As long as they get you into a Studio before you board, all is well. In looking back through all of these posts the only mention I see of moving to an inside is your statement the TA speculated you "might" get an inside, not that NCL told them that?

The question is, did you book a Studio GTY? If you did not, then you will almost certainly get a Studio or a better room. As an fyi, a T1 GTY is a Studio GTY not an inside.

Hi

I did NOT book a Studio T1 GTY. I booked a cabin number and received that on my booking. It was only last week I discovered the cabin number had been removed and T1 GTY added. All studio cabins are fully booked.

I just do not know why Miami have still not responded to an email sent to them over a week ago. I would just like to resolve the issue so I have a cabin number again !!

Hi

Here we are one week on and still no response from NCL Miami as to the request for a new cabin assignment !! Responsibility for the error has been accepted so why can't they make a quick upgrade and end this upset with only 3 weeks to sailing ?? Surely a week is more than enough to satisfy a customer when it is their error.

Are you on social media like twitter? Or Facebook? I tend to get more of a response if I send a question there.

What is your travel agent doing? They should be chasing everyday on your behalf!

I take it you haven't seen your e-docs yet either?

Edited by Single Cruiser

Are you on social media like twitter? Or Facebook? I tend to get more of a response if I send a question there.

What is your travel agent doing? They should be chasing everyday on your behalf!

I take it you haven't seen your e-docs yet either?

Thanks I will try Facebook and yes no e-docs yet. My TA rings daily the UK office but the answer has to come from Miami who are just not responding.

I'm not sure how you know all T1's are booked? The website might be indicating no available rooms, however, NCL normally stops the booking process when they have enough sold combined with GTY's. They will assign GTY's later. You should not be worrying about this at all!! Your TA is being paid to handle the issue and the worry for you. Anything we can tell you here won't help much as your TA has to deal with NCL on your behalf. I would be after my TA several times a day for an update. They should have dedicated resources available to them at the cruise line. UK NCL should be on the phone with Miami every day and your TA should be driving that.

On checking my booking last night I found my studio cabin number had been removed and replaced with GTY.

My TA has spent time today trying to find out why without success. NCL is now closed till Tuesday due to bank holiday !!

TA feels I may be offered an inside as all studio cabins are fully booked but if so will insist I have full access to the studio lounge.

I booked this cruise solely to experience the studio cabins as a solo traveller !!

Has anyone experienced this changing of booked cabins to GTY ? I am due to cruise in four weeks.

Can understand how you feel. I am booked on Epic from Barcelona on 8th June. I only booked a few weeks ago and there were no studios available so I opted for an Inside Midship cabin. I then raised the question as to whether I would be allowed to have access to the studio lounge. My TA contacted NCL and had an e-mail back to say yes, that would be OK and then I was told that only those booking studios could have access at any time to the lounge. However, from someone's post and review which I found going back to July 2012 from laralox (Epic Adventure of a solo fashionista) in the Norwegian Cruise Line forum, it would seem that all solo passengers, irrespective of their cabin grade are welcome at the solo meetings held in the lounge each day at 6.30 pm.

I know this is not much consolation to you if you had set your heart on a studio but I would certainly not accept any Guaranteed cabin - you could end up anywhere on the ship. Stick to your guns and insist on a proper upgrade if you definitely cannot have the studio you first booked. I would also insist on something for the trouble and worry this has obviously caused you. I would also get written confirmation that you can access the studio lounge for the solo meetings.

Which sailing are you on by the way? If you are on the 8th from Barcelona or 11th June from Rome we might bump into each other

Good Luck

Suzanne (in Bristol, UK)

Can understand how you feel. I am booked on Epic from Barcelona on 8th June. I only booked a few weeks ago and there were no studios available so I opted for an Inside Midship cabin. I then raised the question as to whether I would be allowed to have access to the studio lounge. My TA contacted NCL and had an e-mail back to say yes, that would be OK and then I was told that only those booking studios could have access at any time to the lounge. However, from someone's post and review which I found going back to July 2012 from laralox (Epic Adventure of a solo fashionista) in the Norwegian Cruise Line forum, it would seem that all solo passengers, irrespective of their cabin grade are welcome at the solo meetings held in the lounge each day at 6.30 pm.

I know this is not much consolation to you if you had set your heart on a studio but I would certainly not accept any Guaranteed cabin - you could end up anywhere on the ship. Stick to your guns and insist on a proper upgrade if you definitely cannot have the studio you first booked. I would also insist on something for the trouble and worry this has obviously caused you. I would also get written confirmation that you can access the studio lounge for the solo meetings.

Which sailing are you on by the way? If you are on the 8th from Barcelona or 11th June from Rome we might bump into each other

Good Luck

Suzanne (in Bristol, UK)

Hi Suzanne

Thankyou for your sympathetic answer. Unfortunately my cruise is due to end on June 8th so I will not meet up with you.

My TA has told NCL that she will insist on my having 24 hr access to the studio lounge if I am not allocated a studio cabin. They appear to have verbally agreed that but I will need that in writing !!

I have told my TA that I am not prepared to accept an inside cabin as that is little compensation for all this upset. They have accepted it is their fault so I will also be looking for some monetary recompense for the lack of response since May 3rd to solve the issue.

I am just fed up that 9 days since I found that my cabin number was missing on my account and no one has resolved it.

I will stick to my guns now for a decent upgrade if they cannot allocate me a studio and the longer there is no answer the more annoyed I am getting.

NCL has to be more proactive with problems and if they care to look they will see I have several more cruises booked !

Good Luck

Suzanne (in Bristol, UK)

Having sailed Epic many times , studio, inside, balcony, and this year mini suite I've always met people during the solo studio lounge meetings. Whilst acknowledging outside of the meeting hours it's locked for solo pax. Often you'll spend the evening with other solos who do have access ;)

Having sailed Epic many times , studio, inside, balcony, and this year mini suite I've always met people during the solo studio lounge meetings. Whilst acknowledging outside of the meeting hours it's locked for solo pax. Often you'll spend the evening with other solos who do have access ;)

Thankyou for the info, I feel all will be fine for my first Epic cruise in June once this blip is sorted and will post the result asap. Will you be in the studios for the Epic TA in Oct and the Escape inaugural, I have booked both too. I am happy to have found cruising for solos at reasonable so I am fulfilling a dream to do a TA. It will make a relaxing change from flying across the pond to visit son!!

Thankyou for the info, I feel all will be fine for my first Epic cruise in June once this blip is sorted and will post the result asap. Will you be in the studios for the Epic TA in Oct and the Escape inaugural, I have booked both too. I am happy to have found cruising for solos at reasonable so I am fulfilling a dream to do a TA. It will make a relaxing change from flying across the pond to visit son!!

I'm in the Studios in Sept on Epic but for the TA's the solo supplement is reduced for the other grades. So on the Oct Epic TA I'm in a mini suite, on Escape next year I'm in a balcony

I'm in the Studios in Sept on Epic but for the TA's the solo supplement is reduced for the other grades. So on the Oct Epic TA I'm in a mini suite, on Escape next year I'm in a balcony

Wow I did not realise the solo supps were reduced but as I am doing B2B on both TAs to get some winter sunshine that is the budget blown !!! Have a great time on Epic in Sept.

Hi Folks

Here we are 16 days on and Miami have still not responded with a new cabin number !!

I have tried to be patient and let my TA and NCL UK sort this but I am afraid my frustration boiled yesterday and so I sent my TA an email cheekily listing balcony cabin numbers still shown available for booking to my TA that I would like as there are no studio cabins open.

My TA forwarded the email to NCL UK advising that her client was now really upset that considering NCL UK had accepted two weeks ago the problem was their fault Miami have failed to respond. My TA rang NCL UK late afternoon but was told still no response from Miami.

We are now 24 hours on and my latitudes still shows GTY studio.

I am now of a mind to personally take this higher and email NCL maybe Andrew Stuart Executive Vice President or do my fellow cc' s think that would be too presumptuous ? Or does anyone have the email address for the Miami office where apparently all cabins are allocated !!

I am due to sail in 2 weeks and considering I have future cruises booked I am not impressed with the way Miami have not responded.

Thankyou in advance for any advice.

Hi Suzanne

Thankyou for your sympathetic answer. Unfortunately my cruise is due to end on June 8th so I will not meet up with you.

My TA has told NCL that she will insist on my having 24 hr access to the studio lounge if I am not allocated a studio cabin. They appear to have verbally agreed that but I will need that in writing !!

I have told my TA that I am not prepared to accept an inside cabin as that is little compensation for all this upset. They have accepted it is their fault so I will also be looking for some monetary recompense for the lack of response since May 3rd to solve the issue.

I am just fed up that 9 days since I found that my cabin number was missing on my account and no one has resolved it.

I will stick to my guns now for a decent upgrade if they cannot allocate me a studio and the longer there is no answer the more annoyed I am getting.

NCL has to be more proactive with problems and if they care to look they will see I have several more cruises booked !

I'm not saying in any way that this in your TAs fault instead of NCL but I'm curious, how do you know this is NCLs fault and not your TA? Could your TA be blaming NCL to cover up a mistake on their part? Personally, this is why I prefer to deal with the cruise line instead of a TA. With a TA, each company can blame the other and you just get stuck in the middle.

I'm not saying in any way that this in your TAs fault instead of NCL but I'm curious, how do you know this is NCLs fault and not your TA? Could your TA be blaming NCL to cover up a mistake on their part? Personally, this is why I prefer to deal with the cruise line instead of a TA. With a TA, each company can blame the other and you just get stuck in the middle.

It is definitely NCL' s fault they can even put it down to a date April 24th when my cabin number was removed and GTY put in its place ! They are blaming a computer hiccup but do say my account was entered on that day by a member of their staff.

I discovered the change on May 2nd on my latitudes account and my TA has been trying to get it rectified with a new cabin number ever since!

We know that all the studios are booked and it seems only balconies are available. It is thought possibly Miami are holding out for a cancellation on a studio but why oh why don't they tell us what they are doing. It is frustrating to say the least this close to sailing.

Hi Folks

Here we are 16 days on and Miami have still not responded with a new cabin number !!

I have tried to be patient and let my TA and NCL UK sort this but I am afraid my frustration boiled yesterday and so I sent my TA an email cheekily listing balcony cabin numbers still shown available for booking to my TA that I would like as there are no studio cabins open.

My TA forwarded the email to NCL UK advising that her client was now really upset that considering NCL UK had accepted two weeks ago the problem was their fault Miami have failed to respond. My TA rang NCL UK late afternoon but was told still no response from Miami.

We are now 24 hours on and my latitudes still shows GTY studio.

I am now of a mind to personally take this higher and email NCL maybe Andrew Stuart Executive Vice President or do my fellow cc' s think that would be too presumptuous ? Or does anyone have the email address for the Miami office where apparently all cabins are allocated !!

I am due to sail in 2 weeks and considering I have future cruises booked I am not impressed with the way Miami have not responded.

Thankyou in advance for any advice.

http://elliott.org/contacts/norwegian/

:cool:

Probably best to email the admin one first giving facts and saying you want a written confirmation of what grade you will be allocated if not you'll then escalate it.

Edited by Single Cruiser