Epic Studio cabin number changed to GTY

cjc3008

Yay! As cool as the studios are, a balcony is way better!

Now I hope they don't switch you out of it. :p:D

Switch me out of it - not a chance because I would take matters to the top and win !!! However it had crossed my mind it could maybe happen but I will have all the paperwork in my pocket to support me so let them try upsetting me further !!!!

Switch me out of it - not a chance because I would take matters to the top and win !!! However it had crossed my mind it could maybe happen but I will have all the paperwork in my pocket to support me so let them try upsetting me further !!!!

people have reported having "do not change room without permission" put on their record. Wonder if you could do that

people have reported having "do not change room without permission" put on their record. Wonder if you could do that

I have recently done that for the 1st time as I grabbed an awesome location and received a call offering me $100 OBC to change to a room next to a restaurant. I declined and then asked they put a note in my reservation. We have 5 in the cabin so there is zero chance of being upgraded to another cabin so I don't want anyone playing hotsy totsy with my cabin

You can always have that put onto your booking (for any cruise line) but the statement guarantees nothing.

Maybe not, but I'd figure at least they would be less likely to mess with it. Like putting a "club" on the steering wheel of your car. We know a good thief can get through it in minutes, but there are so many others without it that most just move to an easier target. :)

Maybe not, but I'd figure at least they would be less likely to mess with it. Like putting a "club" on the steering wheel of your car. We know a good thief can get through it in minutes, but there are so many others without it that most just move to an easier target. :)

I understand and completely concur. I do the same thing myself when I book the actual cabin I want. I just realize and want others to realize that the statement doesn't remove the cruise lines right to change your cabin anyway.

I have sailed on the Epic previously, and the solo studio lounge is supposed to be open to all solo cruisers during the gathering each evening.

I thought so too but last month I could not access the lounge at the 5pm gathering as all doors were locked. :mad:

I have sailed on the Epic previously, and the solo studio lounge is supposed to be open to all solo cruisers during the gathering each evening.

I thought so too but last month I could not access the lounge at the 5pm gathering as all doors were locked. :mad:

Just knock on the door and someone lets you in if the CD staff hasn't propped the door open. So people saw you standing there by the glass door and didn't open it for you?

You are all making me really happy saying it is a lovely room and near stairs etc.

We are still in negotiations regarding access to studio lounge. I have asked for 24 hour access and been told by NCL UK that should not be a problem !!!

So it is good to know if that does not happen all I have to do is knock on the door!!!

You are all making me really happy saying it is a lovely room and near stairs etc.

We are still in negotiations regarding access to studio lounge. I have asked for 24 hour access and been told by NCL UK that should not be a problem !!!

So it is good to know if that does not happen all I have to do is knock on the door!!!

When I booked for the 8th June sailing on Epic I was too late to book a studio cabin so opted for a midship inside. My TA contacted NCL as to whether I would have access to the Lounge (not my fault no studios available) and he had a reply saying it would be quite OK for me to access the Lounge. I will be taking that e-mail along with me but hopefully I will not need to show it and will be able to meet up with the other solo passengers I have linked up with via the roll calls.

Good Luck with your plans.

Suron

I've been reading this post and just want to say congratulations! I'm glad everything turned out okay for you.

Our 'chosen' cabin (a midship inside) was changed by RCCL (to a midship oceanview) many moons ago and I remember our travel agent being very surprised when they notified her...so it must occur seldom.

Happy cruising!

• 2 weeks later...