Epic Studio cabin number changed to GTY

cjc3008

Thanks once again for your help an email will shortly be on its way !

I don't know much about the mentioned link, but I followed it and at the bottom it notes to not use this method until you've waited 6-8 weeks for a response. Has it been that long already?

I don't know much about the mentioned link, but I followed it and at the bottom it notes to not use this method until you've waited 6-8 weeks for a response. Has it been that long already?

Based on the OPs first post, the cruise will have been completed by at least 3 weeks if they go by that time frame.

Thanks once again for your help an email will shortly be on its way !

So any word on your issue?? I have been following this thread because I also have a studio booked on Epic through a TA and was a little paranoid about it! As a matter of fact, I think you're booked on an overlapping cruise to mine in August? I thought I recognized your screen name? I leave out of Rome on Aug. 13...do you leave out of Barcelona on Aug. 17?

On another note, check out the roll call for that sailing again....I am looking for some other passengers to share a shore excursion in Naples on Aug. 19. Maybe you'd be interested. :)

Keep us updated on your progress from NCL.

Based on the OPs first post, the cruise will have been completed by at least 3 weeks if they go by that time frame.

Yeah, I know, that's why I pointed that out. If they suggestion on the link is to wait at least 4-6 weeks, it won't be too helpful!!!

So any word on your issue?? I have been following this thread because I also have a studio booked on Epic through a TA and was a little paranoid about it! As a matter of fact, I think you're booked on an overlapping cruise to mine in August? I thought I recognized your screen name? I leave out of Rome on Aug. 13...do you leave out of Barcelona on Aug. 17?

On another note, check out the roll call for that sailing again....I am looking for some other passengers to share a shore excursion in Naples on Aug. 19. Maybe you'd be interested. :)

Keep us updated on your progress from NCL.

Please have no worries about your studio bkg on Epic. What has happened to me is just a mistake it is thought by a member of NCL who entered my bkg and caused the error, so a one off incident !!

Yes I have also booked the Aug 17 cruise and am hoping to make it free of tours and relax but thankyou for offering. I want to make this cruise for tours as it may be too hot in August !!

There is still no response from NCL. I will update once I hear !

Please have no worries about your studio bkg on Epic. What has happened to me is just a mistake it is thought by a member of NCL who entered my bkg and caused the error, so a one off incident !!

Yes I have also booked the Aug 17 cruise and am hoping to make it free of tours and relax but thankyou for offering. I want to make this cruise for tours as it may be too hot in August !!

There is still no response from NCL. I will update once I hear !

They have some comfortable couches in the Atrium that you can call home if they still haven't resolved this by the time you board. :D

They have some comfortable couches in the Atrium that you can call home if they still haven't resolved this by the time you board. :D

Wonderful. At last somebody has told me where I could be sleeping on this cruise!! Thankyou for making me smile.

I'm not saying in any way that this in your TAs fault instead of NCL but I'm curious, how do you know this is NCLs fault and not your TA? Could your TA be blaming NCL to cover up a mistake on their part?.

Completely agree with this.

OP, I may have missed this but when you booked, were you given a choice of cabin numbers and you selected the one that you were given? I was under the impression that you booked a T1 Studio Guarantee, then were assigned a number, THEN the cabin number changed back to a guarantee. If the latter is correct, NCL certainly does have the right to change the cabin.

Completely agree with this.

OP, I may have missed this but when you booked, were you given a choice of cabin numbers and you selected the one that you were given? I was under the impression that you booked a T1 Studio Guarantee, then were assigned a number, THEN the cabin number changed back to a guarantee. If the latter is correct, NCL certainly does have the right to change the cabin.

When I booked I was given a cabin number which is clearly on my booking confirmation . At no time did I chose a guarantee cabin.

When I booked I was given a cabin number which is clearly on my booking confirmation . At no time did I chose a guarantee cabin.

This is my point. You have to look at what category you were booked into. Perhaps, your TA booked you into the T1 category as a guarantee.

This is my point. You have to look at what category you were booked into. Perhaps, your TA booked you into the T1 category as a guarantee.

No my TA clearly booked me into studio cabin 11573

But were you given a list of cabins that you chose your cabin # from, or did they tell you what cabin you would get ?? :confused:

I think the question is more around whether they paid for a studio GTY (if there is such a thing) and got that room, or if they intentionally paid the fair for a room or class they selected.

If I intentionally paid for, and booked, a specific cabin, I'd be pissed if it was switched without my permission. However, if they just booked a GTY studio and got assigned that room, then NCL really can do whatever they want.

I hope the OP gets resolution soon. This taking so long is ridiculous. If I had been moved out of a carefully selected room, about now I'd be screaming for a nice balcony room as compensation. :)

Edited by sdmike

I think the question is more around whether they paid for a studio GTY (if there is such a thing) and got that room, or if they intentionally paid the fair for a room or class they selected.

If I intentionally paid for, and booked, a specific cabin, I'd be pissed if it was switched without my permission. However, if they just booked a GTY studio and got assigned that room, then NCL really can do whatever they want.

I hope the OP gets resolution soon. This taking so long is ridiculous. If I had been moved out of a carefully selected room, about now I'd be screaming for a nice balcony room as compensation. :)

Yes I paid for a specific cabin and they switched it without my permission hence why I have been upset.

It has taken a lot of my time over the past 18 days and I became very frustrated that no one having accepted their error would allocate me another cabin.

HOWEVER I NOW HAVE A BALCONY CABIN ON DECK 13 allocated this evening.

Thank you to everyone on cc for their support, I will now enjoy my cruise.

Yes I paid for a specific cabin and they switched it without my permission hence why I have been upset.

It has taken a lot of my time over the past 18 days and I became very frustrated that no one having accepted their error would allocate me another cabin.

I'm so happy for you. Your patience is admirable. Not only was NCL stringing you along, but you had to come here & answer the same accusing questions several times. You deserve that balcony. :D

So glad this worked out for you!

I'm not sure why so many people were so almost suspicious that it was your or your TA's fault, as you stated several times how you booked it, it was NOT GTY and that NCL assumed responsibility...we had 3 rooms booked next to each other on our upcoming cruise -- very specifically, not GTY. Luckily I got on the NCL website one night and noticed that my room had been changed -- which was curious as the reservations were all linked. The next morning, changed again. I called my father (who had booked the rooms), who marched himself down to his TA, who got on the phone with NCL -- who finally found 3 equivalent rooms next to each other. And (after I told my dad to push for it), we got additional OBC for our 'trouble'. :)

And I'm so glad you got such a lovely upgrade -- enjoy your cruise!

You might be pissed but NCL (and most cruise lines) have the right to change your cabin without your permission (and sometimes, without your knowledge).

Congrats!

So glad this worked out for you!

I'm not sure why so many people were so almost suspicious that it was your or your TA's fault, as you stated several times how you booked it, it was NOT GTY and that NCL assumed responsibility...we had 3 rooms booked next to each other on our upcoming cruise -- very specifically, not GTY. Luckily I got on the NCL website one night and noticed that my room had been changed -- which was curious as the reservations were all linked. The next morning, changed again. I called my father (who had booked the rooms), who marched himself down to his TA, who got on the phone with NCL -- who finally found 3 equivalent rooms next to each other. And (after I told my dad to push for it), we got additional OBC for our 'trouble'. :)

And I'm so glad you got such a lovely upgrade -- enjoy your cruise!

Not being so suspicious, I simply questioned which one it was and pointed out the fact that it could have been the TA's mistake which they could have blamed on NCL. It wouldn't be the first time someone blamed someone else for their mistake if they felt they could get away with it (it's not like the OP was looking over the TA's shoulder). Not everyone has a TA they can touch.