2.5 year old tips, Carnival Breeze

Gaprofitt

Hey All!

First and foremost I am a single Dad, going on a cruise with my little guy on May 24th with my family. We are staying in our own room. Any tips on what to bring? I'm loading up the Ipad with games, any less than obvious things to bring for a little one?

Thanks.

Hi! We are sailing in 7 days with our sweet girl who is almost 3! I am bringing several extra pairs of clothes. We bought her a "puddle jumper" life vest from Wal-mart for the pool, swim shoes, beach toys, sunscreen, children's motrin, and her sleep friend. I hope that helps, and I hope you guys have a great time!

Hey All!

First and foremost I am a single Dad, going on a cruise with my little guy on May 24th with my family. We are staying in our own room. Any tips on what to bring? I'm loading up the Ipad with games, any less than obvious things to bring for a little one?

Thanks.

Sippy cups, brush and dish soap to clean them, snacks he likes, more diapers/pull-ups than you think you'll need, wipes, Tylenol and other meds even if you think you won't need them, plastic scented bags to dispose of dirty diapers, sunscreen. Potty seat if he's training. We loaded some videos on the Ipad that he never saw before so they'd be a novelty. Bring an umbrella/compact stroller as it's easier to maneuver on ship and in ports. I'm sure there's more good tips out there. Try the family board for more good info. Have a great time!

Also, one of those pop up laundry bins is nice to store his toys in. Helps with clutter in your cabin. Once your stewards discovers that's what you are using it for they will tidy the toys for you.

We once had a steward who would set up my son's toys on his bed or in a corner as if he had been playing with them. Adorable!

Definitely an umbrella stroller. We use them all the time on the cruise and it's very convenient. Usually it gets us taken to the handicap line at check in too, so we don't have to stand in line. (Hasn't always worked though!)

you should have paperwork on the single dad situation. If its because of divorce, you might need permission from the mom (notarized) or the full custody papers. if the mom passed (sorry), you will need the death certificate. They dont always ask but sometimes they will look for those papers when a single parent come on with children.

They want to make sure no parent is trying to take their child out of the country illegally (if the other parent is involved).

For the dining room - a small puzzle (the toddler kind with the chunky pieces that fit into the slots), a couple of board books, and/or a coloring mat with wipe off crayons. Kept mine busy in the dining room while waiting for food.

When we took 3 y/o dd we made sure to always have a kid friendly snack handy (fruit snacks, goldfish etc) came in handy while waiting in lines or just a little something to hold her over til dinner time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey All!

Thanks.

A favorite teddy bear (or other stuffed animal) to sleep with at night.

Edited by lady_cruiser

Sometimes little child earplugs and swim goggles are good..Macks makes kids earplugs if he is prone to ear stuff with water that mold on the outside of ear canal on skin. Yes sunscreen he can handle..all the time..top spf..on his precious skin..someone already said water shoes and kids tummy and cold tylenol type meds.

http://www.amazon.com/Macks-Earplugs-Kids-6-Count-Boxes/dp/B000KOOIBS

I use these on my ears too for sleep whatever...they fit me too and are a Wallmart find for me..pretty reasonable there..much less than add posted...one box...all needed.

Sweet times to remember..have a blast..dress up a little for dinner on formal nite...you guys may be friend magnets..(if you want)...enjoy your family and child...nothing like making memories.

Edited by sjn911

A favorite teddy bear (or other stuffed animal) to sleep with at night.

But not THE favorite. I'm still traumatized about losing mine when I was little.

Look on the Family Cruising Board for other info traveling with a little one.

Any and all "child specific" items you might need....medications, bandages, etc...whatever you think you MIGHT need...bring it! There's very little medications for kids (if any) for sale on the ship.

Bring all comfort items. Bring books to read. LOTS of sunscreen for your little one... a burn can ruin a happy day!

We traveled in Sept with my then 2.5 yr old....I brought 10 matchbox cars....one in the morning and after dinner. He loved his gifts. We also regularly buy packets of crayons/coloring sheets ...they have them at dollar stores...some have stickers too...they were very helpful at dinner. At dinner we ordered a fruit appetizer for him until his dinner was ready.

My son has a serious dislike of the shower so I bought a duck bathtub ...it was about 15.00 and completely worth it... We inflated the duck and put it in the shower and filled it with water...we also used the duck in the waterworks area and pool area....we got a bucket from the bar and filled the duck.

We also brought his iPad and a portable play-n-go Thomas train set with a few trains

Most of all we started each day with a good attitude knowing this age is difficult for them.....I explain it's like traveling with someone who has multiple personalities and dementia.

Most of all we started each day with a good attitude knowing this age is difficult for them.....I explain it's like traveling with someone who has multiple personalities and dementia.

Love this!!!!