Would you take this offer over early saver??

Ok, I need seasoned cruisers advice!! We are currently booked early saver. Due to an issue with our sailing Carnival is offering to give us the guaranteed room rate and we can stay in our selected cabins as "compensation". This will bring our cruise down $60 per person. We dont sail until Feb 2015. Or they are offering us an OBC of $25 per person.

What would you do?? From what I have read, taking the guaranteed rate will forfeit our ES benefits. So then I am wondering....has anyone taken the guaranteed rate and then had the price drop below that??

I've always had price drops.

I'm sailing next week and have over $200 in OBC.

Once I had around $600.

ES is a gamble I'm comfortable taking.

I see from your signatures you have both sailed many times. In your experience have you always had price drops?? Have there been times when the price hasnt changed much?

I have always had price drops but this cruise took the longest. I booked in Dec and it kept climbing up steadily. I was worried I wasn't going to get one this time!

Stick with Early Saver! The only time we haven't got price drops with ES is when we booked the aft wrap. Other than that we've had them every cruise. We are booked on the Valor May 25th and two days ago got a $40 drop then got a $360 drop today! I now have $400 in OBC! Love, love, love Early Saver!!!!

Ok, I need seasoned cruisers advice!! We are currently booked early saver. Due to an issue with our sailing Carnival is offering to give us the guaranteed room rate and we can stay in our selected cabins as "compensation". This will bring our cruise down $60 per person. We dont sail until Feb 2015. Or they are offering us an OBC of $25 per person.

What would you do?? From what I have read, taking the guaranteed rate will forfeit our ES benefits. So then I am wondering....has anyone taken the guaranteed rate and then had the price drop below that??

So let me see if i can follow the bouncing ball.

You are already booked and you booked early saver rates.

You have had an issue with Carnival and they are allowing you to stay in your selected cabin but give you the guaranteed rate.

This is the part i am confused about here:

By taking the $60 guaranteed rate Carnival says you are no longer booked ES and can't get price drops after final payment??

Is this correct? Or do I have this all messed up?

Bill

So let me see if i can follow the bouncing ball.

You are already booked and you booked early saver rates.

You have had an issue with Carnival and they are allowing you to stay in your selected cabin but give you the guaranteed rate.

This is the part i am confused about here:

By taking the $60 guaranteed rate Carnival says you are no longer booked ES and can't get price drops after final payment??

Is this correct? Or do I have this all messed up?

Bill

As far as I understand yes. We are waiting to hear back from the person we are working with as to if our booking actually changes to guaranteed or if they just lower the rate and we stay at early saver. If I have it in writing that we remain early saver, we will take it.

As far as I understand yes. We are waiting to hear back from the person we are working with as to if our booking actually changes to guaranteed or if they just lower the rate and we stay at early saver. If I have it in writing that we remain early saver, we will take it.

I would definitely call to verify the conditions of the offer. I don't think I have ever seen them let anybody out of their original ES booking for any reason.

It's also not much of an offer, giving the rate for a guarantee booking and losing your ES.

I hope you have the extension for the person you previously talked to so you don't have to start all over again.

While they tell you they are making notes on your bookings a lot of times when you call back the next person you speak to can't see any notes on your file.

Good luck and I hope you get total satisfaction.:)

Bill

I would definitely call to verify the conditions of the offer. I don't think I have ever seen them let anybody out of their original ES booking for any reason.

It's also not much of an offer, giving the rate for a guarantee booking and losing your ES.

I hope you have the extension for the person you previously talked to so you don't have to start all over again.

While they tell you they are making notes on your bookings a lot of times when you call back the next person you speak to can't see any notes on your file.

Good luck and I hope you get total satisfaction.:)

Bill

Communication has been by phone and email. We are dealing with someone in customers solution. Our friend has been doing the communicating and I told him we HAVE to have it in writing the exact terms of what we agree on. We are just waiting to hear back from her to confirm we will still be eligible for price drops. She verbally told him but I gotta see it in print! lol

And I agree it isnt much of an offer, which is why we are seriously considering just taking the OBC. I just wanted some opinions as we have only cruised 2 times.

I have booked ES on 2 sailings and received over $250 or more in savings on both. I booked our upcoming Liberty cruise just recently under the $50.00 deposit pp. When I saw the guaranteed sale, we saw it would save us another $120 + balance due is not until 30 days before cruise, so we called and changed our OV cabin. As long as I am booked OV they have to guarantee me at least that.

The one thing I did make sure was I was not going to lose my deposit when we switched to this sale. She had to get an ok from the supervisor to switch my deposit even though I believe the sale says it is $50. Upon changing it in the system I immediately received an email (while on the phone) with the new changes and date.

If you book under a $50 deposit, just be aware you may be required to pay the full deposit if applicable. Been there, done that.

I have booked ES on 2 sailings and received over $250 or more in savings on both. I booked our upcoming Liberty cruise just recently under the $50.00 deposit pp. When I saw the guaranteed sale, we saw it would save us another $120 + balance due is not until 30 days before cruise, so we called and changed our OV cabin. As long as I am booked OV they have to guarantee me at least that.

The one thing I did make sure was I was not going to lose my deposit when we switched to this sale. She had to get an ok from the supervisor to switch my deposit even though I believe the sale says it is $50. Upon changing it in the system I immediately received an email (while on the phone) with the new changes and date.

If you book under a $50 deposit, just be aware you may be required to pay the full deposit if applicable. Been there, done that.

Oh ya....I have read alot of threads where peoples cruises were canceled because the didnt realize that! That would be awful!!

We paid the full $300 per person deposit (8 day cruise) We sailed on the Sunshine this past February and I think our cruise dropped about $250. That was our only experience with price drops. When we sailed on the Liberty we really had no idea what we were doing so we could have been eligible for some and didnt even know it! Thats one reason these boards are so awesome!! I have learned alot!!!