Shuttle lax to long beach

Thebosn1

Super Shuttle and PrimeTime shuttle offer shared rides. Execucar is the black car division of Super Shuttle.

For taxi rate coparison look on taxifarefinder.com

I recommend SuperShuttle. We used Prime Time and although they were fine to the hotel in the shared van, they were very slow to pick us up on the return. I have reason to believe they didn't even schedule a driver. (I had the private service due to a time crunch getting to LAX.)

Do not use U Save Airport Shuttle - had them booked and paid, for transportation from LAX to hotel - from hotel to port and from port to LAX on return. They were 30 min. late (they claim airline said flight was delayed) we were 5 min early. Then scheduled pickup from hotel set up for 1030 they said we had to leave early (1000) as there next fare flew in early. and when returning to port I called 45 min before scheduled pickup to remind them and notify them of the berth change at the port. After many calls to both driver and owner they could not seem to find the ship ? we had a early flight so after 45 min. we hooked up with Prime Time for $17 each to LAX and they were fine.

We've used Super Shuttle's shared ride before and will be using them again for our next cruise. It may take a little longer to get to the hotel, but it's very reasonably priced :). $17.00 pp from LAX to San Pedro or Long Beach.

We enjoyed our ride last time because we got to see part of LA that we never would have seen just on the Freeway's :D !

Have a wonderful cruise!

So would you reserve the shuttle to transport you to the airport after the cruise, or would you go through the cruiseline transfer? It appears the cruiseline (in this case Princess) charges $39 for a shuttle, but is it easier, or less hassle? thanks

So would you reserve the shuttle to transport you to the airport after the cruise, or would you go through the cruiseline transfer? It appears the cruiseline (in this case Princess) charges $39 for a shuttle, but is it easier, or less hassle? thanks
I have found the shuttles to be easier and quicker than the cruise line transportation. The cruise lines use full size buses, so you have to wait until the whole bus fills up before you leave. Then when you are at the airport, you have to find your luggage out from the pile that went under the bus. The shuttles use vans, so they fill up quicker and there is much less luggage to go through. Personally, in LA, I use www.Karmel.com They charge a bit more than other shuttles, but I have had better service from them. My opinion, your mileage may vary.

Enjoy,

Ron

For pick up at the airport, I would use either SuperShuttle or Primetime. For any other company, you need to make a reservation.

For return from the port, depending on your flight, I would make a reservation--although they will be lined up for pick up those with reservations and those without.

While we sometimes use a shuttle service before the cruise (especially when we come in a day early), we've also stayed in an airport hotel and gone back to the airport to use the cruise transfers. It just depends on how close you're staying to the port and/or the airport. We usually use the cruise ship transfers after the cruise. It's true that you have to wait until the bus is full, but from our experience that only takes about 10 minutes (or less).

To us, it seems like less hassle.

JMHO,

Edited by Plant