Hair do price.

asda

Hi how much do they charge just to put your hair up fancy for a formal night? (No washing or drying as I will do that, just a pin up and spray) or even for a stylist to curl hair with tongs?

If you go onto the P & O site (you might have to go into your personal planner bit) , there is an FAQ section that covers sample menus, price lists for bars and the spa/beauty salons, plus loads of other bits of info! Just type in your question in the "search" box or browse.

I visited the barber a year ago on the Azura and was charged £25 plus 15% service charge. Expensive. I was told I could have the haircut for free if I took a shave and facial massage. That was £100. I made sure my hair was cut before my next cruise.

David

I often nip in to get my hair platted / braided. It's a 2 min job and they don't usually charge me. ( I leave em a lil tip ).

I guess it all depends on what you want done and how long it takes them....

It depends on length of hair. The cheapest is £30 for mid length. Anything longer than shoulder length is approx £10 more.

Sue

My hair is mid length and on Arcadia I got charged over £40 for a cut and blow dry with an automatic tip added (I could remove it but I would have felt awkward with that)

I didn't feel it was all that special or value for money - I can't remember exactly but am sure it came close to £50 altogether

I don't think I'd do it again

I paid £35 on Azura in Feb I have mid length hair it took about half an hour, was really pleased with it but do have to think was it worth it for a few hours. Then again it does make you feel that bit extra special,I usually wear my dress to the appointment then go straight down to bar to meet my husband. On this last cruise I booked it before we went as we were boarding on the 2nd day on Azura so wanted to get in before all appointments were taken.

Melissa

We were just on Arcadia in the Med, 13 April to 30 April. When we boarded the ship we had been travelling for 2 months on land travel and on a Princess South America cruise. So my wife decided to visit the salon on Arcadia for a cut. Result £46 charge, which according to her included a £5 gratuity.

Here in OZ she pays AU$25 (£12) for the same cut.

I cannot see why such high prices are charged for haircuts on the ships. More profits to Carnival Corp shareholders. The ship's hairdressers don't get the £46, I can assure you, an Aussie girl cut my wife's hair and she said she was paid peanuts.

Edited by NSWP

We were just on Arcadia in the Med, 13 April to 30 April. When we boarded the ship we had been travelling for 2 months on land travel and on a Princess South America cruise. So my wife decided to visit the salon on Arcadia for a cut. Result £46 charge, which according to her included a £5 gratuity.

Here in OZ she pays AU$25 (£12) for the same cut.

I cannot see why such high prices are charged for haircuts on the ships. More profits to Carnival Corp shareholders. The ship's hairdressers don't get the £46, I can assure you, an Aussie girl cut my wife's hair and she said she was paid peanuts.

We were on the same cruise as you!

I also went for a cut. The charge for that was bad enough. then on top of that you were charged for shiney spray, and this and that. I had the hard sell all the way through the cut. End result...over £50 (I think) for the visit) of my obs gone and hair fairly solid, so I washed it when I got back to the cabin.

The cut was good ,but I will not repeat and I did not like the hard sell.

I had best experience on Ventura

I'm not good at doing the girly things but was taken in hand by the stylist He just took over and I left with the works Yes it cost a lot but it was worth every penny. I felt so good

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the same cruise as you!

I also went for a cut. The charge for that was bad enough. then on top of that you were charged for shiney spray, and this and that. I had the hard sell all the way through the cut. End result...over £50 (I think) for the visit) of my obs gone and hair fairly solid, so I washed it when I got back to the cabin.

The cut was good ,but I will not repeat and I did not like the hard sell.

Hi, hope you enjoyed the cruise english lady, we did. We went up to the Crows Nest for the little M&G as organized on first sea day 14 April, but with loads of other pax up there, it was impossible to meet up owith r spot the the half dozen or so who enrolled in the roll call. The Brits do not seem to be into them.

So back to haircuts, today back in OZ (we flew back from LHR on Thursday) we both went to our hairdresser, AU$35 for the two of us, that is £16, so P&O is charging way too much !

Happy cruising in the future my English lady.

Edited by NSWP

Hi, hope you enjoyed the cruise english lady, we did. We went up to the Crows Nest for the little M&G as organized on first sea day 14 April, but with loads of other pax up there, it was impossible to meet up owith r spot the the half dozen or so who enrolled in the roll call. The Brits do not seem to be into them.

So back to haircuts, today back in OZ (we flew back from LHR on Thursday) we both went to our hairdresser, AU$35 for the two of us, that is £16, so P&O is charging way too much !

Happy cruising in the future my English lady.

Thanks ,yes we did enjoy the 2 cruises (we stayed onboard for j403 ).

I forget what we were doing on 14th April, probably not a lot, but tended to not go into CN until later in the day..as our cabin was a hop and a skip from it.

Still recovering from the cost of the cut....As someone else said next time will have a haircut before boarding.

Well, we got married on Arcadia in Dec 2013 and I felt that the quality of the cut was not even as good as a high street barber. My wife also feels that the quality of the style and makeup on the wedding day was at best mediocre, nothing that Lesley could not have done herself.

Pricing - extortionate and never again.

Ian Banks (I hope Steiner read this)

The overheads on a cruise ship are far higher. While the stylist is not well paid, there is the costs of her crew accommodation and food to be added, and I am sure that Steiner pay P&O a pretty substantial rent for the salon space - much, much more than the overheads of a land based salon.

This might go some way to explaining the difference in prices - not that I am defending the high on-board salon & spa charges…..

The overheads on a cruise ship are far higher. While the stylist is not well paid, there is the costs of her crew accommodation and food to be added, and I am sure that Steiner pay P&O a pretty substantial rent for the salon space - much, much more than the overheads of a land based salon.

This might go some way to explaining the difference in prices - not that I am defending the high on-board salon & spa charges…..

Cut was expensive as I said, however what I most objected to was the hard sell all the

Way through

What should have been a pleasurable experience was totally spoilt with me having to constantly say no thank to to this or that.

Lesson learned.

Cut was expensive as I said, however what I most objected to was the hard sell all the

Way through

What should have been a pleasurable experience was totally spoilt with me having to constantly say no thank to to this or that.

Lesson learned.

I absolutely agree, this constant sales pitch is tiring and not something I will subject myself to again.

Doesn't seem any more expensive than any city hairdresser in the UK!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You are correct in pointing out that the salon price matches a city centre salon in the UK, however the quality of the stylist certainly does not.

I could go to Herberts of Liverpool for around the same price as Steiner charge and let me assure you, the quality of service & cut are poles apart.

Way through

Lesson learned.

I also agree, on my Oriana cruise in March I was persuaded to buy a Steiner spray called Shine Drops which brought my bill to over £60. When I arrived home I realised it was the same spray I had been talked into the last time I was on the Oriana and I have never used it.:o