Qsine Restaurant - Celebrity Refection

Hi

I was thinking of booking a table at for my boyfriend and I at Qsine when we sail in August. I have heard that the experience is better when there are more people, is this true? We are travelling with family so if that was the case we would invite them along too :)

Also, if we were to invite family along, one member is extremely fussy! Would the experience be wasted on her?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank You :)

Qsine is a quirky, fun experience with a large dollop of theatre included. You have to leave any preconceived ideas about food and its presentation at the entrance and just give yourselve up to it. My wife and I have been several times and always enjoy it whether the place is full or not. If one of your party is a bit fussy about food this could cause a bit of eye rolling and sniffing, then again, it may crack the ice and they will enjoy it.

I think it is as good or better as a couple. Those who say you need a group tend to not be used to small plate style dining and/or think that because the presentations are whimsical one needs to order nearly everything on the menu or they will miss out on something. Since portions are small for most items it can be awkward sharing a dish between more than 2-3 people. Really fun dining experience; certainly not the best quality food you will consume, but decent quality, really different than anything you will have experienced at a cruise ship restaurant and fun.

We've been to Qsine three times: once as a couple, once as a foursome, and once with six people. Our best experiences were as a couple and as a foursome. We have found they will accommodate smaller portions for smaller parties, where possible, so just ask. You'll have a great time!

Edited by We're The Groupnors

I know it’s 2 different products.

QSINE’s presentation and fun factor is understood but my question is about food quality.

How is QSINE food - compared to MDR? For instance….a filet in QSINE vs Filet in MDR - difference in quality?

Is QSINE food served hot, or is it all about presentation and the food lukewarm?

Thanks

I know it’s 2 different products.

QSINE’s presentation and fun factor is understood but my question is about food quality.

How is QSINE food - compared to MDR? For instance….a filet in QSINE vs Filet in MDR - difference in quality?

Is QSINE food served hot, or is it all about presentation and the food lukewarm?

Thanks

My husband is a beef and potatoes guy so I literally dragged him to the Q restaurant. He thoroughly enjoyed it. Ordered two of the filets. They were excellent. He found plenty to eat and we will definitely go back. The first time we didn't try as many things as we should have so when we went the second time, it was even more enjoyable as we knew what was really good so we ordered extras. We got a 20% off invite which was nice too. I thought the food temperature was fine. Enjoy!

P.S. Love Murano's too. Just hope we can get a discount as it's getting a bit pricey.

Fun for two or four. Food is beautifully and very creatively served..and yes, it's hot when it should be hot.

It can be intimidating for those who believe you must finish everything....the dishes are almost all too much food for 2, honestly they're sized for 4...so just eat what you want...don't stuff yourself with one dish because you want room to try the others..and you definitely want room for dessert.

I would be very cautious about taking a fussy eater to QSine. I think it takes a bit out of the fun of the meal when one person at the table asks for "no sauce", no carrots, etc. This is one meal where you should just order and take what they serve. (yes, if you have food allergies, tell them in advance...they are used to that. Just don't tell them to hold the french fries).

Edited by ghstudio

We had fun in Qsine twice, once with a large group on the Silhouette and with a group of six on the Eclipse. But on the Eclipse one of the couples didn't understand / disliked the idea of sharing food, not choosing it all by your own. They even didn't wanted to try the options we ordered. They just wanted a regular three course menu. Regardless the rest of us enjoyed it but if your friends are not open to different kind of food or the different presentation it might be not the best idea to invite them. Better go to Tuscan f.e. Even with a larger group you can not try everything, way to much food ( like in every speciality restaurant IMHO) at least for me.

By the way, Celebrity managed the disappointment of the two that didn't liked Qsine in an amazing manner. They invited the whole six of us to another speciality restaurant for free!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi

I was thinking of booking a table at for my boyfriend and I at Qsine when we sail in August. I have heard that the experience is better when there are more people, is this true? We are travelling with family so if that was the case we would invite them along too :)

Also, if we were to invite family along, one member is extremely fussy! Would the experience be wasted on her?

No- we always dine with two and order many things- often more then we can eat. But we enjoy tasting a little of many different foods. So if you travel alone- you still can taste multiple dishes- Sometimes we cancel some of the items we have ordered as we fill up! But we typically dine twice in Qsine per cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

My wife is vegetarian, but does eat fish. Seems like there are plenty of options in that category. We have a couple free specialty restaurants so I would like to try, but can anyone say if they think there is enough that she could do?

Hi

I went with two others. I'm a fussy eater to say the least and there was more than enough for me to eat and the experience was awesome. Even when there were dishes that I wouldn't eat, just seeing the presentation was great. BTW, we ordered way too much food LOL!

I think you will have a fantastic time whether it is just the two of you or a group.

My wife is vegetarian, but does eat fish. Seems like there are plenty of options in that category. We have a couple free specialty restaurants so I would like to try, but can anyone say if they think there is enough that she could do?

We have eaten with a vegetarian friend that didn't even eat fish and she had a very nice meal.

I think the menu is posted somewhere here or on Celebrity's site, but if not, you can review the entire menu on the ship when you board....and book or cancel your booking if you think it' won't work. Additionally, you could discuss with the Qsine Maitre d' when you board.

Here's a link to the menu: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_qsine&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

Of the 20 items on the menu, I count 11 dishes that would match her regimen 100% and another 3 or 4 that have some distinct components that she would find appealing.

We have eaten with a vegetarian friend that didn't even eat fish and she had a very nice meal.

I think the menu is posted somewhere here or on Celebrity's site, but if not, you can review the entire menu on the ship when you board....and book or cancel your booking if you think it' won't work. Additionally, you could discuss with the Qsine Maitre d' when you board.

No problem in qsine. Many veggie dishes. Also lawn grill great salads and grilled veggies. Tuscan grill does pasta dishes without meat and cheese. Not sure about Murano. Bistro on five another good option for a nice lunch