Bon Voyage Dawn Princess World Cruise 2014

I would like to Apologise to the 2014 world cruisers and anyone who might be interested in seeing the Dawn Princess in the Panama Canal.

As the Dawn Princess is running late for her Panama Canal transit tonight I wont be able to catch the rest of her transit as its now 2:35 am! NZST :(

If you would like to watch her in the Panama Canal check out the Panama Canal webcam's: http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html she is currently on the Gatun Locks webcams (Hi Res & then the Gatun Lock webcam)

Goodnight and Sorry! :o

Will try again next year :)

I would like to Apologise to the 2014 world cruisers and anyone who might be interested in seeing the Dawn Princess in the Panama Canal.

As the Dawn Princess is running late for her Panama Canal transit tonight I wont be able to catch the rest of her transit as its now 2:35 am! NZST :(

Mate,

You have done a great job getting the shots above. Well done Kiwi-cruiser.:)

We had been folllowing your progress and would love to hear something about the cruise from the being on board aspect. Will you be doing a review? I hope you do and post the link here.:D

Won't have time to do a review, I am travelling to London to board the Ruby Princess.

But I can tell you this. Average age 70 - not surprising. Very friendly staff, food very good, all the passengers I met were very friendly. Actually, even though 3/4 way through the cruise everyone is still in holiday mode, no long faces of boredom or "are we there yet" attitude, which you can get with so many repeat world cruisers. Ship is looking a tad worn, but the entertainment staff were the best. Couldn't do enough to keep everyone happy.

I will be on the Sea Princess from New York to Sydney next year. Will be interested to see what it is like compared to this years cruise.

cheers

Lilly

Won't have time to do a review, I am travelling to London to board the Ruby Princess.

But I can tell you this. Average age 70 - not surprising. Very friendly staff, food very good, all the passengers I met were very friendly. Actually, even though 3/4 way through the cruise everyone is still in holiday mode, no long faces of boredom or "are we there yet" attitude, which you can get with so many repeat world cruisers. Ship is looking a tad worn, but the entertainment staff were the best. Couldn't do enough to keep everyone happy.

I will be on the Sea Princess from New York to Sydney next year. Will be interested to see what it is like compared to this years cruise.

cheers

Lilly

Thanks for the small review anyway, glad you are travelling around enjoying life. You may find the Sea princess a bit slower than the other ships as it has some issues, hopefully it will be repaired by then. Have a great cruise on the Ruby.:D

After the Panama Canal we are used to World Cruises turning north and heading up to the California.This year Dawn is heading south to Peru and then a fabulous transit across the Pacific visiting Easter Island , Pitcairn and the Tahitian Islands.

3dawnmap_zpse8628b1d.jpg

After the Panama Canal we are used to World Cruises turning north and heading up to the California.This year Dawn is heading south to Peru and then a fabulous transit across the Pacific visiting Easter Island , Pitcairn and the Tahitian Islands.

I Like that itinerary, would love to get to Easter Island and return to the Tahitian cluster of islands.:D

They have just arrived in Manta, Ecuador.

Its still very dark and you cant see very much on the Dawn Princess webcam, will wait till the sun comes up before I post a webcam capture :)

Cool, I look forward to that sunrise pic.:D

They are now on their way to Lima , Peru. They overnight there.

I wonder if that is so they have the chance to visit Machu Pichu?

Some may also have left the ship at Manta for an overland excursion , and will rejoin in Lima.:)