Disembarkation Carnival Spirit Sydney

Hi, first time cruisers going on Carnival Spirit Aug 29 2014. Wondering if anyone has had experience with disembarking early on departure date? My daughter has netball grand final and we would ideally need to be off the ship no later than 9am.

Any other useful tips for 1st time cruisers?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

Everyone should be off the ship by 9am. A few days before your arrival back in Sydney, you will be given a "Disembarkation Form" in your cabin. You can choose early or late disembarkation and then a you will be given a specific time. From memory disembarkation starts from about 6.30am. We always choose late so that we can sleep in a little longer and have breakfast and we have never been off later than 9am.

Have a great time :)

Hi,

Yes you'll be well and truly disembarked before 9am.

You'll also be given the option of taking your bags with you or leaving them for the crew to put ashore for you. You'll save a lot of time if you choose the former.

However, with Spirit being a very American ship, you'll "debark"......and I thought that that was a job for a vet.

Just off the spirit last Saturday and having a late flight out of Sydney we wanted to stay on as long as possible to avoid having to hang around Sydney with luggage. The latest we were able to get for disembarking was 8.40. The ship is more eager than you are to get the ship empty and ready for the new passengers.

Word of warning, I would not only take your own luggage off the ship but also take it on if at all possible. Hubby and I travel with hand luggage only, sister travelling with us checked hers in the tent at the wharf and her luggage ended up in the atrium with other "lost" luggage. Both the printed out tags and the tags put on at the tent had come off in the process. Her own tag with her name, address etc was still on but it was all too hard for the staff to marry her surname - quite unusual with their records to find her cabin number. It was close to 11pm before she was able to locate her luggage. Prior to this time the "lost luggage" was stored in a back room area, not accessable to passengers. On a royal Caribbean cruise last year our new hard shelled case was badly damaged between us putting it out the night before leaving the ship and collecting at the baggage area on the wharf in Venice. A complete crack about 6 - 8 inches long around the wheel. Thank goodness I had the usual duct tape that comes with me on all trips and hubby had packed some super glue as we had another 4 weeks or so of travelling ahead of us.

Just off the spirit last Saturday and having a late flight out of Sydney we wanted to stay on as long as possible to avoid having to hang around Sydney with luggage. The latest we were able to get for disembarking was 8.40. The ship is more eager than you are to get the ship empty and ready for the new passengers.

Word of warning, I would not only take your own luggage off the ship but also take it on if at all possible. Hubby and I travel with hand luggage only, sister travelling with us checked hers in the tent at the wharf and her luggage ended up in the atrium with other "lost" luggage. Both the printed out tags and the tags put on at the tent had come off in the process. Her own tag with her name, address etc was still on but it was all too hard for the staff to marry her surname - quite unusual with their records to find her cabin number. It was close to 11pm before she was able to locate her luggage. Prior to this time the "lost luggage" was stored in a back room area, not accessable to passengers. On a royal Caribbean cruise last year our new hard shelled case was badly damaged between us putting it out the night before leaving the ship and collecting at the baggage area on the wharf in Venice. A complete crack about 6 - 8 inches long around the wheel. Thank goodness I had the usual duct tape that comes with me on all trips and hubby had packed some super glue as we had another 4 weeks or so of travelling ahead of us.

i doubt very much if you could take your own luggage on with you unless it was very light and small as you have to lift the bag yourself and place it on the xray scanner without any help from the staff and carry it up the gangway yourself so you dont want to be holding up people waiting to board

if you sticky tape the labels they shouldnt come off, we always have two just in case one did come off but it hasnt happened yet

Hi,

Yes you'll be well and truly disembarked before 9am.

You'll also be given the option of taking your bags with you or leaving them for the crew to put ashore for you. You'll save a lot of time if you choose the former.

However, with Spirit being a very American ship, you'll "debark"......and I thought that that was a job for a vet.

When I have seen "debark" previously, I just thought it was a typo for "disembark".

However, I just looked up my reliable Oxford Dictionary -

Debark -

• Disembark
  • Remove bark from a tree
  • Operate on a dog to prevent it barking.

Now, I know, it still doesn't sound right! :)

RKMW - guess you are right if going with a lot of luggage, we travel very light, and our suitcases are always quite manageable to lift onto the x ray belt and fit through the x ray scanner. I am always amazed at the quantity of luggage some people travel with, particularly on short cruises where the ship also has laundry facilities for passenger use.

I just got off the Spirit on Saturday. I did self-assist with the late option and was given code "Z" - the last to get off !!

I was off the ship, through customs (nothing to declare), and downstairs waiting for my friends to pick me up by about 9.15am

I worked out that they started at the top and worked their way down, and I was on Level 1 so if you are on Level 5 with a late disembark should you be off by 9am.

If you chose self assist with the early option you will definitely be off by 9am.

Have a wonderful time.

We were level 8 with self assist same cruise and also had Z. Same thing, we were off in minutes and I had to declare medication. It is nothing like arriving at the airport.

Sister had them take her luggage down and was given 8.40am to leave the ship, she was on level 1. So levels 8 and 1 we virtually had same time to leave.

Edited by Tara Jane

When I have seen "debark" previously, I just thought it was a typo for "disembark".

However, I just looked up my reliable Oxford Dictionary -

Debark -

• Disembark
  • Remove bark from a tree
  • Operate on a dog to prevent it barking.

Now, I know, it still doesn't sound right! :)

I have been seeing debark too , I just thought I was not up with the latest hip lingo.

Its widely used in America...

They Embark and they Debark.:rolleyes:

but down this way ...we Embark and Disembark.:)

Its widely used in America...

They Embark and they Debark.:rolleyes:

but down this way ...we Embark and Disembark.:)

Those (we) in the industry tend to call it a debark..... Probably a bit easier to say but either way you are still getting off the ship and finishing your cruise :mad::mad: and Wackson will easily be off by 9am no problem,regardless of whether they disembark or debark.

Thank you. Probably seem cocky assuming she will make the netball grand final but with scores each week averaging winning of 50-2 had to reassure myself she would be able to make it. Thanks for your responses. Have a very happy 13 year old !

Sent from my iPad using Forums

we requested latest checkout and we got 8.45 (last week :) ), we were off the ship and in our car by 9.15 plus we declared stuff. as others have said, request an early time and you will have no probs.