Guy's Burgers

izzypooch

It will be the first place I head once on board.

We actually picked our second favorite itinerary so we could go on a ship with a Guy's. My husband didn't want to go on a ship without one and I had to agree.

Burgers (okay,I had more than one!) were very good but in the rush to get them out they were making them so fast it was not actually a "pattie" of meat as a bunch of loose cooked meat held together with melted cheese.

Definitely a 100% better tasting than the frozen hockey pucks they served before Guys and the toppings really crank it up. I would bet half the people at Guys for lunch rather than the buffet on our recent cruise. The line could be long but it really moved and was worth the wait.

I think back to the days where embarkation lunch was ONLY hamburgers and hot dogs. I guess I was shocked on my first cruise, but it became something I looked forward to.

I guess it was the Destiny class that broke that expectation for me, when I had my first Rueben. Then all the delicious buffet food.

I guess we've come full circle with people opting for a ham edger once again. These threads tend to have me heading for the nearest Five Guys or Smashburger every time I see one.

I'm not a fan of greasy hamburgers and Guy's is the greasiest. I guess that is what makes them flavorful, but the price that you pay later in life is not worth it to me.

I'd rather not live to 100 if I only get to eat tofu along the way. Bring on the grease!!! :D

Edited by Out to sea!

It will be the first place I head once on board.

We actually picked our second favorite itinerary so we could go on a ship with a Guy's. My husband didn't want to go on a ship without one and I had to agree.

We are actually considering driving to Galveston which is four hours away than going out of New Orleans which is only and hour drive and just one of the reasons is that the Triumph has Guys Burger Joint.

We are actually considering driving to Galveston which is four hours away than going out of New Orleans which is only and hour drive and just one of the reasons is that the Triumph has Guys Burger Joint.

I was lamenting the fact that splendor (my next cruise) does not have a guy's...

Than I realized the perfect solution is to book a cruise on a ship that DOES!!!

Problem solved.

Guys Burgers were good... adding your own toppings is what made them Great!! But, Blue Iguanas found a special place in my heart. The breakfast Burritos for breakfast became my all time favorite Carnival dish!

I was lamenting the fact that splendor (my next cruise) does not have a guy's...

Problem solved.

Go to Guys restaurant in NYC before your cruise. Just ignore the reviews.