Review - Solo on the Freedom - May 10, 2014

agp_mzk

Great Review. We are thinking of a cruise on the Freedom in Oct. or Nov.

Thank you for taking the time to do it and post it. Do you have the Fun Times? Will you post them?

thanks again. Looks like you had a lovely cruise but that you would have a good time no matter where you sailed!!! Cheers to You!

Thank you!

I'm sorry, but I didn't keep or take pictures of the FunTimes.

Great review...thanks..i know what it means every time one kind of reinforces solo is as good as with...it is so good to know...not to wait on the world and when a solo table clicks.

it is fabulous.

Getting to Paradise point? I have only been there once a million years ago and shopped and snorkel excursioned. I love how you used the ship midway..is it a cheap taxi up there or is there a tourist lift. Can't remember...and did you feel safe doing this cab alone there or this part alone...would you feel safe shopping, lunching, and doing that alone for a day? sorry for wording too lazy to redo..LOL..thanks for review again...you looked so happy!!!

Great review, glad you had a MAGICAL cruise. Do you know if the sports court was open on your cruise? Thanks, Gary:rolleyes:

I believe that the sports court was closed for the majority of the cruise. I'm not sure if that was a construction issue or a wind problem (there were several times that the upper decks were closed due to high winds).

Great review...thanks..i know what it means every time one kind of reinforces solo is as good as with...it is so good to know...not to wait on the world and when a solo table clicks.

it is fabulous.

Getting to Paradise point? I have only been there once a million years ago and shopped and snorkel excursioned. I love how you used the ship midway..is it a cheap taxi up there or is there a tourist lift. Can't remember...and did you feel safe doing this cab alone there or this part alone...would you feel safe shopping, lunching, and doing that alone for a day? sorry for wording too lazy to redo..LOL..thanks for review again...you looked so happy!!!

The sky lift to Paradise Point is literally right across the street from the port shopping area. No taxi required. The ticket to ride up is $19.99 if purchased on board; I think it might be slightly more if you purchase it on the island. I felt absolutely safe being alone to walk over there, eat, shop around the port, etc. The only "danger" element is the ridiculous traffic, but there were police officers there to keep things under control at the major cross-over points. I did not stray any further away from the port than Paradise Point, so I can't say how safe I would have felt alone outside that area.

The sky lift to Paradise Point is literally right across the street from the port shopping area. No taxi required. The ticket to ride up is $19.99 if purchased on board; I think it might be slightly more if you purchase it on the island. I felt absolutely safe being alone to walk over there, eat, shop around the port, etc. The only "danger" element is the ridiculous traffic, but there were police officers there to keep things under control at the major cross-over points. I did not stray any further away from the port than Paradise Point, so I can't say how safe I would have felt alone outside that area.

Thank you so very much,,,it has been well it was 1992...and in Caribbean...like everywhere but maybe more than I had originally thought since coming here to Cruise Critic...we still need to be a bit more than reasonably cautious and not as complete free birds when alone with cabs like we can be in NYC on the main paths..thanks again...Sarah

I would love to know/start a list/ of some non sketchy for cabs alone places...to arrange some private last minute tours sometimes...

Edited by sjn911

I thoroughly enjoyed your review. I feel like you let us share in your fun! What an amazing time you had with new-found friends. Your pictures are really good too. I'm glad you had a good time. I enjoy solo cruising too.

• 6 months later...
Wondering if Red Frog Pub offers the appetizers as they have on Breeze. Anyone know??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know this was from a while ago but I thought I would answer it just in case there are any other people wondering... They unfortunately do not offer the appetizers like on other ships.

I'm glad to see this got bumped up because this was a great review! As a solo cruiser, I love reading other solo reviews. That excursion in St. Maarten looks like a lot of fun. If I ever make it back there I'll have to be on the lookout for it. Also I checked out John's You Tube videos and saw the one with you in it. He seems like quite an animated character. lol Did I hear him say that this was a singles cruise, or did he mean this is the singles table at dinner? I bet we'd have fun if we ever ended up as solos on a cruise together! :)

ETA I forgot about that scooter thingy in St. Thomas. I wanna try that too now. haha

Edited by gapearl

• 1 month later...
I'm glad to see this got bumped up because this was a great review! As a solo cruiser, I love reading other solo reviews. That excursion in St. Maarten looks like a lot of fun. If I ever make it back there I'll have to be on the lookout for it. Also I checked out John's You Tube videos and saw the one with you in it. He seems like quite an animated character. lol Did I hear him say that this was a singles cruise, or did he mean this is the singles table at dinner? I bet we'd have fun if we ever ended up as solos on a cruise together! :)

ETA I forgot about that scooter thingy in St. Thomas. I wanna try that too now. haha

I missed this reply until now; I'm very sorry about the delayed response. This was not a singles cruise, but we were certainly a table of singles. John and Spencer, one of our table mates, had previously met on an organized singles cruise, though. They just happened to run into one another on the first day, which is how Spencer ended up at our table. Small world!

I have no doubt that we would have a blast on a cruise together! Some friends and I have booked the Liberty out of San Juan in May...