Is there NOTHING positive about Celebrity any more? (Threads Merged)

K.T.B.

Actually, I spoke with Martin the F&B Director on Summit about the implementation. I come from Hospitality and hotels/restaurants and could tell there was some experimentation going on so wanted to chat with him to see about the process.

He told me the primary reason for changing the delivery was in fact to ensure the food DID have the taste the chefs had intended. He explained that whenever they planned menus and did crew tastings everything tasted great, yet their guest satisfaction reviews told then otherwise. So they decided to try pre-plating many items to ensure each item had exactly the ingredients and taste the recipe called for.

Of course there are added benefits like cleanliness and expediency of delivery, but his primary concern was to deliver to the guest the intended recipe they created.

He explained how with pans of self-serve food, some people may take extra scoop of the topping leaving half the pan without the intended topping for future guests as but one example, or they may forget to take the sliced peppers and onions or other vegetable garnishees with certain meat dishes. Now with the pre plated versions, each dish is served exactly as intended with the ratio of intended ingredients and condiments.

He also explained the pre plating lets them offer additional variety of items that don't necessarily lend themselves well to serving by pans, such as quesadillas.

So we eat what the chef wants us to eat?

So we eat what the chef wants us to eat?

Whether you pick and choose from the buffet or some of it's "pre plated", isn't that how it usually is regardless how the buffet food is served...?

If you haven't even experienced the changes, why then do you post in favor of them? You seem to be on a mission to convince others that the buffet is good and what we experienced is hogwash. You choose only to post the good reviews and sweep the bad ones under the carpet!

If you are going to take a poll please make it a fair one and post both sides.

Where did I say I was in favor of them, I'm just showing that there are two sides of the issue - some like it and some, like you, don't. It doesn't mean either side of the issue is wrong, just that people have differing opinions. BTW, I have said that I really like the baskets that Caesar's Palace uses.

Where did I take a poll? If you look at the quotes (which were from the last 5 or so reviews in the review section and one recent on here), not everyone liked the buffet, that is why I said that some like it and some don't. I personally think that all opinions are of value whether they like the new system or not. Everyone should make up their own minds as to if they like the new system or not and obviously some that have tried it have said they like it and others have said that they don't.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise on the Summit and have a better experience at the buffet.

Whether you pick and choose from the buffet or some of it's "pre plated", isn't that how it usually is regardless how the buffet food is served...?

But I wouldn't get the sausage and bacon with my scrambled eggs...only bacon. I hate sausage!

Let me ask you this: Did you ever eat a sausage and there's a hard thing in it? It's like a toenail. You know it's not part of the sausage, but you separate the meat and the scambled eggs all on one side of your mouth and finally on your tongue you get this little thing. And it's like a bone...but it's not a bone. I keep asking myself, "Roseanne Roseannadanna", if they can make a coffee I like without caffeine, how come they can't make a sausage I like with no toenails?

"It just goes to show ya, it's always something"

Edited by 20pluscruises

But I wouldn't get the sausage and bacon with my scrambled eggs...only bacon. I hate sausage!

Let me ask you this: Did you ever eat a sausage and there's a hard thing in it? It's like a toenail. You know it's not part of the sausage, but you separate the meat and the scambled eggs all on one side of your mouth and finally on your tongue you get this little thing. And it's like a bone...but it's not a bone. I keep asking myself, "Roseanne Roseannadanna", if they can make a coffee I like without caffeine, how come they can't make a sausage I like with no toenails?

Er....do pigs have toenails?? I think maybe they are just ground up pig bones.

On second thought, I don't think I like sausage anymore. Thanks for the graphic description.:eek:

RIP Gilda

Edited by richsea

Er....do pigs have toenails?? I think maybe they are just ground up pig bones.

On second thought, I don't think I like sausage anymore. Thanks for the graphic description.:eek:

RIP Gilda

I'm with you; I use to love sausage, but now don't know if I can eat it again without thinking of that post. I don't like bacon, but won't post my experience with it, cause it could turn someone off on bacon forever as well.

Edited by NLH Arizona

Here is what one cruiser said after returning from their cruise after the changes: I mainly liked the way the buffet on 10 was serving individual portions of most of the foods. I thought there was a great selection and found many things I liked and I liked how quickly I could get my food instead of waiting in lines. There were always the pizza, pasta, stir fry and carving stations as well as other options.

Here is what another said: We did the buffet for lunch every day and loved the new little baskets, bowls and pans. The food was very good but I would have liked a little more variety.

Here is what another said: The buffet was quite nice - the stir fry station was very good, the pizza was excellent, the little baskets of food felt more upscale than a typical buffet and allowed for some items that are unusual at buffets: fajitas, breakfast sandwiches, etc. The various sausages available at all meals were good, the waffles at breakfast were a treat. I really think Celebrity is onto something with these little baskets of food - not only does it seem more upscale and in keeping with the idea behind their QSine restaurant, but it seems more sanitary to avoid using tongs/scoopers wherever possible. My only complaint would be that the pasta bar area was quite bland and the pasta not particularly well cooked. They need to spruce that up somehow.

And another: We did have one breakfast at the Buffet and two lunches there as well... While there was much to select from it did, at times, cool off by the time you got to your seat.

And another: The buffet was borderline. I didn't care for the food served in little metal bowls and baskets and most of it did not look appetizing. There really wasn't the variety they have had in the past. Most of the food stations served the same items if they were even open.

So as you can see, some like the new set up and others don't. I think it is one of those things that you have to try it for yourself to see if the changes are to your liking or not. I'm the kind of person who doesn't have a problem with change for the most part and will always find something I enjoy to eat, but if you aren't, I'd possibly stick with Azmara and Oceania so as not to be disappointed.

You still have not posted the things that people said about the food that wouldn't favor your agenda. I know of several who blasted the buffet, why did you leave them out? To make a fair assessment of how people actually felt, you have to add all opinions.

NO ONE IS SAYING THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH CHANGE.. I too can always find something to eat. What people who were actually on the cruise are doing is telling the truth about how they saw the new buffet on the Summit, in hopes that Celebrity will strive to do better..

While a few individuals may themselves find their personal plate to have more waste, the majority will consume the portion given them. Just like when people self-served, many would grab something then not eat it then throw it away. So i say that's a net zero gain or loss as to waste.

There will always be exemptions to the rule...but in general terms I am speaking.

If the buffet had been designed in their current method, I might agree with you. The issue is the current warming tables do not keep much of the food warm.

My mother had a panini made from the panini station and they had baskets of fries in the same station. My dad grabbed one. The fries were cold - not cool, cold. We were sitting very near the station and I went to look at the sandwiches when I saw the server putting out some fresh baskets - pushing the older ones to the front and putting the new, hot ones at the back (a concept I understand but they should have checked the temperature of the older ones first). I reached to the back to pick up a hot basket and of course the server said, "oh, you should take from the front."

What I noticed is that the carvery, sandwich/panini place and pasta bar consistently had lines. The "gourmet entrees" were usually fully stocked with people bypassing them.

I also heard a number of people, "oh, I don't want that much!" And I felt this way myself.

IMHO, to make this buffet work, they should have added different warming tables, and used smaller sized dishes.

On different days I had both a cold rice salad and a cold potato salad. Both of these servings were entree sized. These two items are clearly side dishes - not meant for a person to eat one and nothing else.

I am not usually a big fan of buffets because of fellow dining guests behaviour and sometimes questionable food standards, but when I do go to a buffet, I, like many, prefer a variety - not where I can eat one dish and be done.

How many times do you need to have it explained..., you CAN get your eggs meat-free at the cooked to order egg station, then select 10 slices of bacon if you like and NO sausage, just like you like.

So you are a happy camper still with the changes.

You can get 1 egg, or 5 eggs, however many you want scrambled. Or grab the ready to take vegetarian version with a slice of pepper or onion, or the cheese version with a bit of shredded cheddar, or the vegetable quiche version, or if none of the preprepared ones work for you, then the 3 cooked to order egg stations will give you exactly what you want - 2 at buffet and 1 at mast grill just outside the cafe by the pool to dine al fresco.

The sausage thing is most definitely a bone in 99.99% of the cases, like the had hard thing sometimes found in real scrambled eggs is often a piece of shell. The hard things are going to happen in any ground meat.

How many times do you need to have it explained..., you CAN get your eggs meat-free at the cooked to order egg station, then select 10 slices of bacon if you like and NO sausage, just like you like.

So you are a happy camper still with the changes.

You can get 1 egg, or 5 eggs, however many you want scrambled. Or grab the ready to take vegetarian version with a slice of pepper or onion, or the cheese version with a bit of shredded cheddar, or the vegetable quiche version, or if none of the preprepared ones work for you, then the 3 cooked to order egg stations will give you exactly what you want - 2 at buffet and 1 at mast grill just outside the cafe by the pool to dine al fresco.

The sausage thing is most definitely a bone in 99.99% of the cases, like the had hard thing sometimes found in real scrambled eggs is often a piece of shell. The hard things are going to happen in any ground meat.

I think most knew I was just kidding. Well, the ones with a sense of humor understood it was a joke. Dear lawd.

You still have not posted the things that people said about the food that wouldn't favor your agenda. I know of several who blasted the buffet, why did you leave them out? To make a fair assessment of how people actually felt, you have to add all opinions.

NO ONE IS SAYING THEY HAVE A PROBLEM WITH CHANGE.. I too can always find something to eat. What people who were actually on the cruise are doing is telling the truth about how they saw the new buffet on the Summit, in hopes that Celebrity will strive to do better..

Really, did you not read the last couple of the review NLH listed that were not so favorable to the buffet? Why don't you read her full post before commenting. She will gladly await your apology.

Many people LOVE the new changes and what celebrity knew before making the changes was that MANY people HATED the buffet, thus the year they took to consider the issue and resolve themselves to fix the low guest comment scores - this as told to me by Martin, the F&B director personally.

As you know several who have BLASTED the buffet, I know several who LOVE the buffet. It's never gonna please 100% of the people but what X knows is there were enough that were not enjoying the buffet before these changes that they needed to institute change. What we also know is more people tend to air their opinions when they are unhappy than those who are happy, so in a forum like these, you will not get a true sampling of LIKE versus DISLIKE when it comes to experience, so I always figure for every negative posted, their are 10 positives people didn't bother to post. Humans just psychologically work this way.

Comments from folks who don't like (aka BLASTED THE BUFFET) the new buffet include:

• Can't find the condiments and fix ins - well in most cases they are right there, people just miss them. Sometimes a favorite topping (cheese) may now be located at the cheese station, or the omelette station, and not on the salad bar or with the pre-plated eggs

• Portions are wrong size, there is waste - well there was waste before, so not a new problem. See my other post describing in detail how aI believe they are actually saving waste now by portioning ion the kitchen.

• I don't want sausage with my scrambled eggs - well you can order them cooked fresh to order with out sausage, so not an issue. But for the large variety of people who like eggs, bacon and sausage in the morning, it;s now grab and go, not wait in line for someone to pick they the soggy bacon bin until it's your turn to go there.

• Not enough variety - well there is same variety as breakfast offered before, but now there are also things like breakfast sandwiches (bacon/egg/cheese sausage/egg/cheese on the bread du jour for example), there are quiches, the variety is even greater at dinner and lunch with 5 versions of sliced to order meats (whole chicken, turkey, sausages, beef roast, pork roast), quesdaillas, multiple asian and indian choices, multiple salads to choose from

• Food gets cold - this is so subjective its really not able to be measured. To me cold is 40 degrees or lower. However if it's cold, ask for a fresh one or go to the cooked to order station and get stir fry, pasta etc.

• The breads are wrapped in paper sacks now - I freer you to those who also complain about waste and how the paper bags prevent waste, and offer more variety, and are fare more sanitary

• The desert selection is limited - well this does vary day to day, and there is still ice-cream and cookies, and al-bacio still has its assorted deserts for those days the buffet does All cakes or all creme brûlée or all pies. Also the sit down venues still have multiple desert options, both paid and included in cruise fare venues.

• I don't like the Baskets or pans - well this is entirely subjective and really has no basis in any sort of fact-based debate or argument, but i'll give this one to those folks, however they are free to grab a plate form the variety of places with plates and dump the basket onto the plate.

• French toast is in a basket and hard to eat. Well, I can't at all argue this one. It does make no sense unless it's french toast sticks made to dip, I did not notice this myself on my sailing so can not comment further.

• They don't have bacon by the waffles, well that's because its around the corner at any of the 3 cooked to order egg stations for those that want it

• The signs are too high and hard to read - they have always been either lipped over the top of the sneeze guard or set down low (as some still are) for items placed not under sneeze guards. This one makes me laugh the hardest, it's something that didn't change at all! They signs are only designed to hang over the sneeze guard lip.

• The signs are not out on everything or are inaccurate I agree they are still not fully descriptive and not displayed on every single item. However I also know what a croissant is without having to have a sign tell me what it is. But I'll give this one up as it is fact based and accurate if a bit picky and particular.

• The salad dressing is nowhere near the salad bar. In my sailing it was in pump-serve dispensers (no longer in pour bottles) immediately to the right of the salad bar and each variety was labeled with a P-Touch type tape, and I found the dressings themselves new and of a different variety than I had on Eclispe the month prior. I have a REAL hard time believing they actually set up a salad bar someplace and didn't have the salad dressing adjacent to the salad fixins, but I can't speak for cruises after my May 25 one.

• They had no self serve fruit just mixed fruit bowls so I couldn't get JUST cantaloupe. Well, the salad bar area had separate blows of cantaloupe, strawberries, pineapple, and I think a couple other offerings.

Let me know if I missed any of the other BLASTS people have made, so I can respond individually to them so those who are concerned without having actually experienced it yet, can have both sides of the BLASTING. As I indicated in my reply above, I do see some (very few) of the things to be legitimate, but most have to do with simply having items moved from one place to another and mixing up the buffet.

So now people have to walk around it a tome or 2 to find all that's on offer, and is that really so bad to have to walk or ride a scooter in a big circle 1 or 2 times before pigging out at a buffet? And if they pay attention the next day they will be aware of where the things are now placed, or they can read the BIG SIGNS overhead of each section that are still there just like they used to be, or the directional signs that are noes placed int eh stair and elevator lobbies guiding you to particular food types, even having opened the one side door that closed off the kitchen pass through making one not have to ALWAYS walk around it in the past to get by that door in the aft elevator/stair lobby section.

I posted from five or so reviews (they were the most current ones in the review section) that were on the Summit after the change, if you would like to post more comments, please do. In those i posted some liked it and some didn't. I'm wondering why you want everyone to agree with you and hate the new set up. So are you saying that those many posters that actually liked the new set up are not telling the truth? WOW! If you read my posts, I have said that I didn't feel those on either side are right or wrong, just a difference of opinion. Why is it okay for those that dislike allowed to have their opinions valued, but not those who like the new set up.

I am sorry that everyone doesn't agree with your assessment and hope you will enjoy the buffet on your next cruise, more than you did on you last cruise.

Where did I say I was in favor of them, I'm just showing that there are two sides of the issue - some like it and some, like you, don't. It doesn't mean either side of the issue is wrong, just that people have differing opinions. BTW, I have said that I really like the baskets that Caesar's Palace uses.

Where did I take a poll? If you look at the quotes (which were from the last 5 or so reviews in the review section and one recent on here), not everyone liked the buffet, that is why I said that some like it and some don't. I personally think that all opinions are of value whether they like the new system or not. Everyone should make up their own minds as to if they like the new system or not and obviously some that have tried it have said they like it and others have said that they don't.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise on the Summit and have a better experience at the buffet.

Sorry, wrong choice of words, I should have said a sampling not a pole..

Really, did you not read the last couple of the review NLH listed that were not so favorable to the buffet? Why don't you read her full post before commenting. She will gladly await your apology.

Many people LOVE the new changes and what celebrity knew before making the changes was that MANY people HATED the buffet, thus the year they took to consider the issue and resolve themselves to fix the low guest comment scores - this as told to me by Martin, the F&B director personally.

As you know several who have BLASTED the buffet, I know several who LOVE the buffet. It's never gonna please 100% of the people but what X knows is there were enough that were not enjoying the buffet before these changes that they needed to institute change. What we also know is more people tend to air their opinions when they are unhappy than those who are happy, so in a forum like these, you will not get a true sampling of LIKE versus DISLIKE when it comes to experience, so I always figure for every negative posted, their are 10 positives people didn't bother to post. Humans just psychologically work this way.

Comments from folks who don't like (aka BLASTED THE BUFFET) the new buffet include:

• Can't find the condiments and fix ins - well in most cases they are right there, people just miss them. Sometimes a favorite topping (cheese) may now be located at the cheese station, or the omelette station, and not on the salad bar or with the pre-plated eggs

• Portions are wrong size, there is waste - well there was waste before, so not a new problem. See my other post describing in detail how aI believe they are actually saving waste now by portioning ion the kitchen.

• I don't want sausage with my scrambled eggs - well you can order them cooked fresh to order with out sausage, so not an issue. But for the large variety of people who like eggs, bacon and sausage in the morning, it;s now grab and go, not wait in line for someone to pick they the soggy bacon bin until it's your turn to go there.

• Not enough variety - well there is same variety as breakfast offered before, but now there are also things like breakfast sandwiches (bacon/egg/cheese sausage/egg/cheese on the bread du jour for example), there are quiches, the variety is even greater at dinner and lunch with 5 versions of sliced to order meats (whole chicken, turkey, sausages, beef roast, pork roast), quesdaillas, multiple asian and indian choices, multiple salads to choose from

• Food gets cold - this is so subjective its really not able to be measured. To me cold is 40 degrees or lower. However if it's cold, ask for a fresh one or go to the cooked to order station and get stir fry, pasta etc.

• The breads are wrapped in paper sacks now - I freer you to those who also complain about waste and how the paper bags prevent waste, and offer more variety, and are fare more sanitary

• The desert selection is limited - well this does vary day to day, and there is still ice-cream and cookies, and al-bacio still has its assorted deserts for those days the buffet does All cakes or all creme brûlée or all pies. Also the sit down venues still have multiple desert options, both paid and included in cruise fare venues.

• I don't like the Baskets or pans - well this is entirely subjective and really has no basis in any sort of fact-based debate or argument, but i'll give this one to those folks, however they are free to grab a plate form the variety of places with plates and dump the basket onto the plate.

• French toast is in a basket and hard to eat. Well, I can't at all argue this one. It does make no sense unless it's french toast sticks made to dip, I did not notice this myself on my sailing so can not comment further.

• They don't have bacon by the waffles, well that's because its around the corner at any of the 3 cooked to order egg stations for those that want it

• The signs are too high and hard to read - they have always been either lipped over the top of the sneeze guard or set down low (as some still are) for items placed not under sneeze guards. This one makes me laugh the hardest, it's something that didn't change at all! They signs are only designed to hang over the sneeze guard lip.

• The signs are not out on everything or are inaccurate I agree they are still not fully descriptive and not displayed on every single item. However I also know what a croissant is without having to have a sign tell me what it is. But I'll give this one up as it is fact based and accurate if a bit picky and particular.

• The salad dressing is nowhere near the salad bar. In my sailing it was in pump-serve dispensers (no longer in pour bottles) immediately to the right of the salad bar and each variety was labeled with a P-Touch type tape, and I found the dressings themselves new and of a different variety than I had on Eclispe the month prior. I have a REAL hard time believing they actually set up a salad bar someplace and didn't have the salad dressing adjacent to the salad fixins, but I can't speak for cruises after my May 25 one.

• They had no self serve fruit just mixed fruit bowls so I couldn't get JUST cantaloupe. Well, the salad bar area had separate blows of cantaloupe, strawberries, pineapple, and I think a couple other offerings.

Let me know if I missed any of the other BLASTS people have made, so I can respond individually to them so those who are concerned without having actually experienced it yet, can have both sides of the BLASTING. As I indicated in my reply above, I do see some (very few) of the things to be legitimate, but most have to do with simply having items moved from one place to another and mixing up the buffet.

So now people have to walk around it a tome or 2 to find all that's on offer, and is that really so bad to have to walk or ride a scooter in a big circle 1 or 2 times before pigging out at a buffet? And if they pay attention the next day they will be aware of where the things are now placed, or they can read the BIG SIGNS overhead of each section that are still there just like they used to be, or the directional signs that are noes placed int eh stair and elevator lobbies guiding you to particular food types, even having opened the one side door that closed off the kitchen pass through making one not have to ALWAYS walk around it in the past to get by that door in the aft elevator/stair lobby section.

Ok I don't know that you read the post that I was answering, most were in favor of the buffet and one borderline… No apology required...

Here it is.

Burt, have you read the reviews in the review section of Cruise Critic? There are many different opinions as to the dining. I just looked at the first 5 or so, a few really didn't go into detail, but here are a few that did:

The food in the Main Dining Room for dinner was terrific as was our service.

We did the buffet for lunch every day and loved the new little baskets, bowls and pans. The food was very good but I would have liked a little more variety. They did expand the carving/meats section and the cheese section during lunch. They also have pizza, pasta, sandwiches, a pool side grill with hamburgers, hot dogs, fries and waffles with chicken (which I had never seen before). Le'ts just say I gained a lot of weight on this cruise.

The MDR food was quite good most nights - the appetizers and soups were consistently very good, and main courses were mostly as good. The lobster on lobster night was excellent, as was the scallop appetizer that night. The duck that I had on lobster night was very good too, but not as good as the excellent lobster that my wife had. Steaks in the dining room were hit & miss - the tournedos and prime rib were excellent, but the classic menu steak was borderline edible.

The buffet was quite nice - the stir fry station was very good, the pizza was excellent, the little baskets of food felt more upscale than a typical buffet and allowed for some items that are unusual at buffets: fajitas, breakfast sandwiches, etc. The various sausages available at all meals were good, the waffles at breakfast were a treat. I really think Celebrity is onto something with these little baskets of food - not only does it seem more upscale and in keeping with the idea behind their QSine restaurant, but it seems more sanitary to avoid using tongs/scoopers wherever possible. My only complaint would be that the pasta bar area was quite bland and the pasta not particularly well cooked. They need to spruce that up somehow.

We did have one breakfast at the Buffet and two lunches there as well... While there was much to select from it did, at times, cool off by the time you got to your seat. We also had 3 lunches in the MDR and found them to be acceptable, nothing really different or unique.

The buffet was borderline. I didn't care for the food served in little metal bowls and baskets and most of it did not look appetizing. There really wasn't the variety they have had in the past. Most of the food stations served the same items if they were even open. The sushi station didn't open until 5:30. In the past it opened at 4:00 and had a much larger variety.

As you can see there was good and bad opinions with regard to dining and this is just the first 5 or so reviews for the Summit. I guess I look it as who do I believe, because people's expectations are different. I choose to believe what I see and experience over what others are saying. If I go in with a preconceived notion that it is going to be lousy, then it probably will be, but if I go in with an open mind, I might just like it a whole lot more.

I hope you enjoy your cruise on the Summit. I'll be on her in January and am looking forward to it.

Edited by antsnanny

All I can say to you is that Im scratching my head wondering why you think your solutions are good for others. I sailed May 11 and I can debate most of what you say……Are you for real? Perhaps we should have thought in advance and carried a thermometer to prove that the food at the buffet was cold??? GEEZ… THE FOOD WAS COLD TO TASTE, IT REALLY DOESN"T MATTER WHAT TEMP. YOU THINK FOOD SHOULD BE SERVED AT . THEY NEED TO FIND A WAY TO KEEP THE FOOD WARM…….

You are doing such a good job at jumping all over anyone who is of the opinion that the buffet changes are not for the better so I will leave the search for "BLASTS" up to you…. You found most of them but there are some you missed. Its up to you...

Ok I don't know that you read the post that I was answering, most were in favor of the buffet and one borderline… No apology required...

Here it is.

Burt, have you read the reviews in the review section of Cruise Critic? There are many different opinions as to the dining. I just looked at the first 5 or so, a few really didn't go into detail, but here are a few that did:

The food in the Main Dining Room for dinner was terrific as was our service.

We did the buffet for lunch every day and loved the new little baskets, bowls and pans. The food was very good but I would have liked a little more variety. They did expand the carving/meats section and the cheese section during lunch. They also have pizza, pasta, sandwiches, a pool side grill with hamburgers, hot dogs, fries and waffles with chicken (which I had never seen before). Le'ts just say I gained a lot of weight on this cruise.

The MDR food was quite good most nights - the appetizers and soups were consistently very good, and main courses were mostly as good. The lobster on lobster night was excellent, as was the scallop appetizer that night. The duck that I had on lobster night was very good too, but not as good as the excellent lobster that my wife had. Steaks in the dining room were hit & miss - the tournedos and prime rib were excellent, but the classic menu steak was borderline edible.

The buffet was quite nice - the stir fry station was very good, the pizza was excellent, the little baskets of food felt more upscale than a typical buffet and allowed for some items that are unusual at buffets: fajitas, breakfast sandwiches, etc. The various sausages available at all meals were good, the waffles at breakfast were a treat. I really think Celebrity is onto something with these little baskets of food - not only does it seem more upscale and in keeping with the idea behind their QSine restaurant, but it seems more sanitary to avoid using tongs/scoopers wherever possible. My only complaint would be that the pasta bar area was quite bland and the pasta not particularly well cooked. They need to spruce that up somehow.

We did have one breakfast at the Buffet and two lunches there as well... While there was much to select from it did, at times, cool off by the time you got to your seat. We also had 3 lunches in the MDR and found them to be acceptable, nothing really different or unique.

The buffet was borderline. I didn't care for the food served in little metal bowls and baskets and most of it did not look appetizing. There really wasn't the variety they have had in the past. Most of the food stations served the same items if they were even open. The sushi station didn't open until 5:30. In the past it opened at 4:00 and had a much larger variety.

As you can see there was good and bad opinions with regard to dining and this is just the first 5 or so reviews for the Summit. I guess I look it as who do I believe, because people's expectations are different. I choose to believe what I see and experience over what others are saying. If I go in with a preconceived notion that it is going to be lousy, then it probably will be, but if I go in with an open mind, I might just like it a whole lot more.

I hope you enjoy your cruise on the Summit. I'll be on her in January and am looking forward to it.

Like button!!!

Some here strongly state the pans/pre-plated buffet is not for cost cutting...then why have they stopped printing the amount of food / pounds of beef, potatoes, sugar, flour, etc. in the daily?

Because they don't want anyone to know that they use a dozen less eggs than they used to use. I know there are a lot of people just waiting to compare their old saved dailies to the new ones in order to catch Celebrity cutting back on food.:rolleyes:

Because they don't want anyone to know that they use a dozen less eggs than they used to use. I know there are a lot of people just waiting to compare their old saved dailies to the new ones in order to catch Celebrity cutting back on food.:rolleyes:

Okay, they haven't cut back on anything...I was wrong.