Impressed, Dissapointed and a little scared about recent Inspiration Trip

I know this is an old thread but I would love someone, ANYONE to show me proof that one could buy a bucket of cocktails like tequila sunrises on the lido deck :)

In over a dozen cruises with Carnival and a whole lot of time spent in bars/clubs/ lido I have never heard of anything being offered in buckets except beer

Someones not telling the truth ;)

It is not the responsibility of the passengers to get help for a situation that the workers in the area were obviously aware of. Carnival should of taken care of this situation. Which probably would of turned violent.

The waiter just wanted his 15% and the cruise line just wants to sell drinks.

Amazed this was allowed to happen, several years ago travelling with a group of friends two of the females in our group, decided overindulge in alcohol while out on a beach outing, despite my warnings(no one ever listen to me) we catch a van to head back to ship but everyone wants to go to popular bar in port area, I think we should take Becky and Jenna(not their real names) back to ship. I'm out voted, they are both at this bar were have have stopped for a drink and some lunch, when Stevens order of FISH TACOS arrive all HECK breaks loose. Becky and Jenna just barley make it to restroom. The other women in group tended to them. Long story short we mange to haul them back to ship and carry them through security, security takes there room numbers ans suspends their drinking privileges on board. One ended up with Alcohol poisoning. They had to wait a day go down to the naughty room and were given a lecture and had to sign a document stating they understood what it meant to be a responsible drinker.

The night after we got back to ship only the guys showed up to MDR all the women were not feeling to well from having to take care of other two.

The funny part of this is this was sort of a college fraternity reunion, we were all in our early 40's. The first thing we were told by the women in our group was OK guys you can't go trying to relive your college glory days. The Guys were not the problem. Out of six women on this trip two had drinking privileges suspended and two other should have. Funny now but not so much then.

Back to the question I would have said something GS or security just for the mans safety, it would have been a real cluster for the cruise-line if he ad passed out and drown in hot tub.

I know this is an old thread but I would love someone, ANYONE to show me proof that one could buy a bucket of cocktails like tequila sunrises on the lido deck :)

In over a dozen cruises with Carnival and a whole lot of time spent in bars/clubs/ lido I have never heard of anything being offered in buckets except beer

Someones not telling the truth ;)

Totally agree.

There are no buckets of cocktails. How is that even possible unless they are in bottles or cans?

I find it hard to believe he was in the hot tub the entire trip and was fall down drunk the whole time.

He would of had to get out at some point to sleep/eat or he would have been dead.

Did staff not clean the hot tun the entire trip?

I'm sure the angry wife at some point would have said enough is enough and done something about it.

I don't doubt the OP but I do think the story is exaggerated.

Reading this thread, I am amazed at two things.

1. The people who think a server or bartender is really going to stick their neck out and cut someone off on a cruise ship. They aren't subject to the "dram shop" laws like US bartenders and are in much greater jeopardy of losing their job over a customer complaint. Unless they have to call security due to a guest's behavior or the computer says to cut them off, I doubt they would stop serving anyone.

2. Why everyone thinks Carnival is omniscient. The people who are actually empowered to do something, a ship's officer, guest services supervisor, or security supervisor, probably never even saw him. Yes, you would hope a security officer would do something, but I'm sure past experience has taught them to avoid confronting guests whenever possible.

While I wasn't there, I would like to think I would have called security or guest services and spoken with a supervisor if I thought his behavior was a danger to himself or others. I probably would not have gotten personally involved, but I would have made sure to speak with someone who can handle the issue and stuck around to see they show up.

Totally agree.

There are no buckets of cocktails. How is that even possible unless they are in bottles or cans?

I find it hard to believe he was in the hot tub the entire trip and was fall down drunk the whole time.

He would of had to get out at some point to sleep/eat or he would have been dead.

Did staff not clean the hot tun the entire trip?

I'm sure the angry wife at some point would have said enough is enough and done something about it.

I don't doubt the OP but I do think the story is exaggerated.

No reason to elaborate or make stuff up. They guy that came to serve him again, after he was falling face down in the tub and singing Katy Perry songs at volume, offered him a special. He told him instead of getting them one at a time to get a pack of them. It came in a metal bucket with ice and the yellowish, brownish frosted plastic cups. 4 of them, orange slices and a cherry in them. I cannot vouch for them 100% tequila sunrise, but pretty sure that's what he said. We all saw what we saw. Just as there is no reason for me to make this up, there is no reason to doubt the drink special. It was offered by the staff, not requested by the passenger.

Okay, this is going to be gross but I'm going to say it. If he were in fact in that hot tub for 12 hours and drunk, where did he urinate? :eek: That would be my first thought. We were on the Imagination a week ago and didn't see any drunks this time. The only thing that turned us off was a guy in line at the buffet with no shirt on. No one said anything to him. However, a guy shows up at the MDR with a wife beater T-shirt and they told him to go change his shirt. I don't know why staff confronts one person but not another who is worse.

MedicineBall --- off topic

I hope you will give us a review of your next cruise on the Inspiration. It would be interesting to see if the hot tub area is watched more carefully. The Serenity location on the Imagination was pleasant the first two days but the sea day was a different experience. It was no longer serene ;)

I've never seen anyone served while sitting in the hot tub, nor have I ever seen a bucket of drinks, only buckets of beer. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, just means 6 Carnival cruises over 15 years, never run into that.

Now, drunks, I've seen plenty. In fact, one threw up on my shoes in MDR on my Fantasy cruise. AND I've seen Carnival security expertly handle a few unruly pax. You do NOT want to mess with security.

If I saw someone losing consciousness in the hot tub... probably gonna say something to the waiters/bartender. If they do nothing after 10 minutes, probably call guest services or security. After that, still nothing, might try to talk the guy out of the tub or help him out and leave him lying there.

Passing out in the hot tub is no joke, he was in imminent danger of dying. I'm surprised a group of passengers didn't get together and haul him out.