MSC Divina - Worst storage ever!

cruise pup

Take a look. You only get 2 small closets and one is useless because the refrigerator and safe are located at the bottom. There's not even room for a tee shirt to hang:

ry%3D400

So you really have 1 closet and for a couple to share is ridiculous. And notice how thick the hangers are. That reduces the amount of clothes you can hang up.

Moving on, you get 1 cupboard with drawers. Take a look. It's only wide as a shoe which is about 12". So good luck storing much in those too:

ry%3D400

Living out of a suitcase is no way to cruise and there isn't much room in a regular sized ocean view cabin to do that. MSC's diagram on their website shows a sofa but that is misleading. The foot of the beds are next to the cupboard and vanity table. You can see the duvet on the bed virtually touching the cupboard. Very cramped.

MSC has made their cabins as small as possible to fit more cabins which sacrifices passenger comfort in order for them to increase revenue. MSC is not my cruiseline of choice and I doubt I'd ever sail with them again. And not just because of the cabins.

What type of cabin did you have? We just got off Divina and had a D1 - Balcony on deck 10. We had a lot of storage. Must be different in the outside and inside cabins.

There was the closet for hanging that had a lot of hangars. Also, the drawers in the next cabinet... there were at least 4 drawers. The space above the fridge and 2 drawers in each of the nightstands.

I was also happy that there was storage cabinet under the sink in the bathroom.

We didn't have a couch. Apparently they are in the D2 balcony cabins that can accommodate 3 or 4 pax.

After sailing on Celebrity Reflection a few months ago, we found the cabin storage on Divina to be amazing.

What type of cabin did you have? We just got off Divina and had a D1 - Balcony on deck 10. We had a lot of storage. Must be different in the outside and inside cabins.

There was the closet for hanging that had a lot of hangars. Also, the drawers in the next cabinet... there were at least 4 drawers. The space above the fridge and 2 drawers in each of the nightstands.

We didn't have a couch. Apparently they are in the D2 balcony cabins that can accommodate 3 or 4 pax.

After sailing on Celebrity Reflection a few months ago, we found the cabin storage on Divina to be amazing.

Oh, if only it were true for me! I had ocean view cabin 9210. Don't remember the category.

My, that does look like horrible storage. Luckily we found our balcony cabin ( deck 8 ) to have a different configuration and the storage was adequate. Our frig was not in our closet!

Agree...we had a balcony cabin (category B2) and had tons of storage space in the 6 drawers next to the closet. The closet had a lot of hangers and was high enough to hang your dresses.

Take a look. You only get 2 small closets and one is useless because the refrigerator and safe are located at the bottom. There's not even room for a tee shirt to hang:

ry%3D400

So you really have 1 closet and for a couple to share is ridiculous. And notice how thick the hangers are. That reduces the amount of clothes you can hang up.

Moving on, you get 1 cupboard with drawers. Take a look. It's only wide as a shoe which is about 12". So good luck storing much in those too:

ry%3D400

Living out of a suitcase is no way to cruise and there isn't much room in a regular sized ocean view cabin to do that. MSC's diagram on their website shows a sofa but that is misleading. The foot of the beds are next to the cupboard and vanity table. You can see the duvet on the bed virtually touching the cupboard. Very cramped.

MSC has made their cabins as small as possible to fit more cabins which sacrifices passenger comfort in order for them to increase revenue. MSC is not my cruiseline of choice and I doubt I'd ever sail with them again. And not just because of the cabins.

The refridgerator is in the closet???

Was your fridge in the closet cabinet?.

Jeez you dont even know what type of cabin you had its an interior not ocean view.
How rude! I made a mistake. Sue me. You make mistakes too. There is no "d" in refrigerator. Now please do not bother me with any more questions. They are not welcomed. Edited by cruise pup

How rude! I made a mistake. Sue me. You make mistakes too. There is no "d" in refrigerator. Now please do not bother me with any more questions. They are not welcomed.

Just one more question, can you confirm if the refrigerator was in the closet? Do you have a photo of it?

Edited by Katgoesonholiday

Wow that is a weird configuration. I've sometimes had the safe in the wardrobe taking up a wee bit of space but never the fridge, it has always been in the room, either under the TV or in a unit of low cupboards. Never been on the Divina though. When I was on her sister we were on a superior balcony and it was a big room with loads of storage.

Was this a quad? Maybe what would normally be out in the cabin was moved into the wardrobe to make room for more beds?

Was your fridge in the closet cabinet?.

Yes, there was a cabinet next to the closets. It had the fridge in the bottom. The safe was also in that cabinet. Our cabin may have been a different config than others. We did not have a sofa or a pull down bed. It was strictly for 2 passengers. It was on Deck 10, cabin 10211. We actually got upgraded from an outside.

Oh, another thing.... the A/C was awesome in the cabin. I think this was the first time we actually turned it down because it was to cold in the cabin. Never had that on our other cruises.

The shower door is an actual door.... not a pesky curtain :-)

Yes, there was a cabinet next to the closets. It had the fridge in the bottom. The safe was also in that cabinet. Our cabin may have been a different config than others. We did not have a sofa or a pull down bed. It was strictly for 2 passengers. It was on Deck 10, cabin 10211. We actually got upgraded from an outside.

Oh, another thing.... the A/C was awesome in the cabin. I think this was the first time we actually turned it down because it was to cold in the cabin. Never had that on our other cruises.

Thanks for your response and clearing the issue up as cruise pup had stated that the fridge was at the bottom of the closet that you hang your clothes in.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

That is not a fridge where your t shirt is hanging!!!

Thanks so much.

We, my sister and I, had an interior cabin (8067). My sister and I each had 4 - 6 pairs of shoes, 7 dresses, numerous shorts, t-shirts and bathing suit cover ups, hair junk, sunscreen junk, jewelry and tons of electronic accessories. No problem whatsoever.

We had tons of storage. The closet had two, two-door sections. One was all hangers, and the other was the safe, floor to ceiling shelves and six drawers. Our fridge was under the vanity; it was not in the closet. We also had the two night stands, each with two drawers. I think you got skunked on your room if that's all the storage you had.

How rude! I made a mistake. Sue me. You make mistakes too. There is no "d" in refrigerator. Now please do not bother me with any more questions. They are not welcomed.

Thanks for all the mis-information.

We, my sister and I, had an interior cabin (8067). My sister and I each had 4 - 6 pairs of shoes, 7 dresses, numerous shorts, t-shirts and bathing suit cover ups, hair junk, sunscreen junk, jewelry and tons of electronic accessories. No problem whatsoever.

We had tons of storage. The closet had two, two-door sections. One was all hangers, and the other was the safe, floor to ceiling shelves and six drawers. Our fridge was under the vanity; it was not in the closet. We also had the two night stands, each with two drawers. I think you got skunked on your room if that's all the storage you had.

Thanks for the clarification, cruise pup just lied about the whole thing and she/did not even know what her room # was and then she said she was upgraded, just very confused. Thanks again for your honesty.

MSC has made their cabins as small as possible to fit more cabins which sacrifices passenger comfort in order for them to increase revenue. MSC is not my cruiseline of choice and I doubt I'd ever sail with them again.

I look in awe at some one who has been on 92 cruises.

that said, your statement here. How id MSC different from all the other cruise lines now a says. This same complaint has been heard for years on Carnival;, NCL, RCCL and all the other major cruise lines who make these mega ships. If you aren't in a suite, most likely the cabins are smaller than on older ships. Why, because isn't the objective of the cruise line to make money. The more passengers they can 'cram' on a ship, the more money they make. You, yourself are still cruising so the smaller cabins are what you should be used to.

As for storage space, maybe you just happened to have an 'odd' cabin that has less storage space than others. I don't doubt your pix, but others have said that they did have adequate storage. Maybe it was just your bad luck on this particulate cruise.

Did you not find anything to your liking on the Divina? Most say it is a magnificent looking ship. So because of the storage you will dismiss MSC cruise lines? After all those other cruises I'm sure you had some other problems along the way, yet you went back to them. Why not MSC? I'll bet you got a sweetheart of a deal?

Cheers

Len

"Worst storage ever"

Yet it's not dissimilar from the storage on the Celebrity Solstice cabins, which are also criticised for being small for storage.

Plus, as pointed out, it's not the situation in most other MSC cabins, and most find themselves able to work with it okay.

Seems like an exaggeration.