Jewel Suites Breakfast and Lunch in Moderno

Suites Breakfast and Lunch in Moderno instead of Cagney's. I read this information on a Roll Call of the Jewel. They are having their "Meet and Greet" at Cagney's at 11 on the first day at Sea. Can anyone give me more information

Suites Breakfast and Lunch in Moderno instead of Cagney's. I read this information on a Roll Call of the Jewel. They are having their "Meet and Greet" at Cagney's at 11 on the first day at Sea. Can anyone give me more information

Are you saying they have moved the lunch location? Or are you wondering if they moved it?

Color me Confused.

I am glad they moved it. Moderno is occupying the old overflow area for Cagney's. We ate in that location in 2009 and it is more intimate than Cagneys. We didn't mind Cagneys but enjoyed the overflow area more. It is just across the hall from Cagneys so not moving a long distance. I am not sure if that is being done fleet wide. I would imagine at least for the jewel class ships once they each complete their dry dock.

I am glad they moved it. Moderno is occupying the old overflow area for Cagney's. We ate in that location in 2009 and it is more intimate than Cagneys. We didn't mind Cagneys but enjoyed the overflow area more. It is just across the hall from Cagneys so not moving a long distance. I am not sure if that is being done fleet wide. I would imagine at least for the jewel class ships once they each complete their dry dock.

We also ate here back in 2009. I thought the tables were too close together, but it was ok. It overlooks the pool area.

So, if I read this right, they are doing it in that portion that overlooks the pool. This area was formerly part of Cagneys, and adjacent to the star bar. On a past cruise, this is where we ate breakfast - not sure if they always did that.

Now, as I see it, the front part facing the pool is now Moderno - looks like they took over the Cagneys overflow and Star bar area.

So, the lunch and breakfast are in the same place, but the name of that place has changed - and probably looks a little different. And, it is better than being in the main Cagney's part. We just did the Dawn and they do breakfast and lunch in the main part of Cagneys. We missed the view of the pool.

The new Modero may be bigger but I have never seen Breakfast or Lunch in Cagney's that crowded. Why move it. I personally like the old Cagney's location. I could see the change on the Star where they have added more Suites!

The new Modero may be bigger but I have never seen Breakfast or Lunch in Cagney's that crowded. Why move it. I personally like the old Cagney's location. I could see the change on the Star where they have added more Suites!

They may never have moved it. The Jewel could of always been serving breakfast and lunch in this location. At least they did this back in 2009.

I don't think they moved the lunch and breakie location for suite passengers

It always was in Cagneys and not star bar which I believe is where modern is now

However, a few years back the suite lunch and breakie was in star bar and not Cagneys

The Breakfast and Lunch on the Jewel in 2012 was in Cagney's. I wish I could find out if this is true because the Poster on the May 17 Roll Call posted this information and that their Roll Call was in Cagney's at 11 am. Perhaps they got it mixed up but we will find out when they get back. I will be on the Jewel in October and just want to know.

I sure can't figure out where the problem lies with the dining venue change. It's not as though NCL is taking away the free breakies and lunches at a very nice, and much quieter restaurant than MDR or Buffet.

They're not making you hike all over the ship to find this new venue, since it's just across the hall. The Star Bar was 1 of favourite places and the Annex room next to it was very nice too.

Explain to me, if you can, what the problem is, please.

Sure hope you enjoy your cruise, although you seem to have a lot of angst regarding this, oh so small, change.

Happy cruising.

I wish I could find out if this is true because the Poster on the May 17 Roll Call posted this information and that their Roll Call was in Cagney's at 11 am.

I just can't see the problem there - 11 am is an hour or more after breakfast service ends and an hour before lunch service begins. It is not overlapping with either even if they were in the same space.

I just can't see the problem there - 11 am is an hour or more after breakfast service ends and an hour before lunch service begins. It is not overlapping with either even if they were in the same space.

This ++ the fact that NCL has done and continues to do 100's of M & G's every year. There's no way they're going to mess anything up. We had a great M & G our last cruise with no hitches at all.

Chill .... you're going on a cruise :)

It's the same physical location, dining tables by the star bar which is now named Moderno - so no change other than the name

EXACTLY!

Not sure why folks are making a deal of this.

Just have to laugh I guess.

The Breakfast and Lunch on the Jewel in 2012 was in Cagney's. I wish I could find out if this is true because the Poster on the May 17 Roll Call posted this information and that their Roll Call was in Cagney's at 11 am. Perhaps they got it mixed up but we will find out when they get back. I will be on the Jewel in October and just want to know.

The Meet & Greet is being held in Cagneys. I organized the May 24th M&G and the originally had us in Moderno Deck 13 Mid but just a few days ago relocated us to Cagneys. That would make sense if they are using Moderno for suite passenger breakfast and lunch. I'll will know 100% in just a couple days :D:D:D:D

I sure can't figure out where the problem lies with the dining venue change. It's not as though NCL is taking away the free breakies and lunches at a very nice, and much quieter restaurant than MDR or Buffet.

They're not making you hike all over the ship to find this new venue, since it's just across the hall. The Star Bar was 1 of favourite places and the Annex room next to it was very nice too.

Explain to me, if you can, what the problem is, please.

Sure hope you enjoy your cruise, although you seem to have a lot of angst regarding this, oh so small, change.

Happy cruising.

EXACTLY!

Not sure why folks are making a deal of this.

Just have to laugh I guess.

WOW, a bit harsh I would say.

It seems to me that the OP is just asking a question of where the Suites B&L will be now that Moderno has been relocated on the Jewel...not making a big deal...just wanting to know before she sails.

I am sure the question will be answered in detail as soon as we read the reviews from the first few Jewel cruises after the dry dock.

We have had Suites B&L in BOTH Cagney's and Cagney's overflow on past cruises, even in Il Adiagio on the Sun, so I can see where someone might be interested in where the new location would be just for their own curiosity.

WOW, a bit harsh I would say.

Might have come across the wrong way... but, it appears the location has not changed at all. Only the NAME. But, some people want to make it a bigger issue. (not you)

Just wanted to add my "2 cents worth" to this thread. I went back and looked through my pictures.

On our September 2013 cruise and also on our May 2010 cruise to Alaska on the Pearl , the main area of Cagney's was used for breakfast/lunch for suites. Also in May of 2009 the Star also had suite breakfast/lunch served in Cagney's main area.

It hasn't been since we were on the Pearl in May of 2008 that breakfast/lunch was served in the overflow area of Cagney's overlooking the pool area.

It really does not matter if they seat you in the new Moderno space or the old Cagney's space you check in for breakfast and lunch at the exact same place. Nobody should be confused. My money is on Moderno space since they can use the salad bar station for the breakfast buffet and if we are lucky add a salad bar for lunch.

Edited by time2cruise1

It really does not matter if they seat you in the new Moderno space or the old Cagney's space you check in for breakfast and lunch at the exact same place. Nobody should be confused. My money is on Moderno space since they can use the salad bar station for the breakfast buffet and if we are lucky add a salad bar for lunch.

I like the idea of a salad bar for lunch! :)

We were on the Jewel in December, and suite B&L was in Cagney's - regular location, not overflow/annex. Our M&G was originally scheduled for the Star Bar but was moved because it was too small. Our M&G for this November (also on the Jewel) has already been scheduled to be in LeBistro.

And I don't think anyone was saying the movement of the suite B&L to Moderno was a problem or issue. They were asking if what they heard was true/confirmed.