Patters for the Star SF Alaska

Luvsprincess

On the Grand-class ships that I've sailed on, there will be a table set up near Sabatini's on embarkation day. They'll have all the menus for the entire voyage available for viewing and you can make specialty restaurant reservations there.

Thanks for that info Rick. See you in a few days!

Wonder why some people keep calling "The Patters" wrong and say Platters. Doesn't make sense.

Typo?

The menus are the same fleet wide, so if you can find a link to any Princes menus, you will see pretty much what you'll find on the ship. Search this forum. People post menus from time to time.

Edited by shredie

I read about the Giant Jenga on the Patters from the May 3rd Golden Princess cruise. (posted by plattwear). I was wondering if they have these games on all ships. Does the Activities Director take requests for the cruise? I have read weekly patters from some of the other cruises and it is mostly just Trivia for their games. Those sometimes get too competative especially when there are B2B cruisers and they already know the answers. I like a variety of different activities to choose from.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sue, I expect you already know that the menus aren't in the Patters...?

Randall

Refresh my memory - do the patters list dinner themes at least? I know they would at least list which nights are formal nights, which folks might like to know as well.

Refresh my memory - do the patters list dinner themes at least? I know they would at least list which nights are formal nights, which folks might like to know as well.

No, they do not, but the menus are posted at the dining rooms after lunch. And most ships (Star did) will have a table set up outside one of the specialty restaurants on embarkation day. They'll have all the menus for the voyage and you can make specialty restaurant reservations there.

Edited by RickEk

I was on the second SF to Alaska cruise on the Star this year. All the daily Patters will tell you the dress code for the evening, today's and tomorrow's forecast and today's sunrise and sunset. I have learned alot on these boards thanks to previous cruisers' postings. While I cannot scan the Patters, I will be happy to answer specific questions. While I DO understand that food is subjective, I have formed my own opinion about food on Princess after three cruises--two on the Grand, one on the Star. This is only MY opinion--most people have their own. I think Princess does pasta and fish dishes satisfactorily to very good. After an issue with their steak--I could not cut it and it had no beef taste--I have given up on beef on Princess. All the deserts I have tried have been very good. I have to give a shout out to the crew on Princess; they work very long hours and do their best to insure that passengers have very good service--doing this while usually receiving low wages. I have found this to be true in all areas of the Star and the Grand. I am now sailing on Princess because of their decision to sail from and to San Francisco. Questions are welcome--no flames are required or desired.

I never understand why people want to see the activities in advance.

If there is a change in Cruise Directors these activities can change.

I personally like to be surprised and have no need to see it all in advance.

Would that make you cancel an already booked cruise?

Maybe it helps make a decision if you haven't booked.

As far as food is concerned, it is so subjective that I draw my own conclusions on this. We all have very different eating habits and diets.

We cruise Princess often. Sometimes same ship a few months later, food may not be as good. But as a whole, we always find something we love to eat.

I agree with you 100% about being surprised but I'm not going to Alaska this year and I'm not cruising again for 300 days so I like to see them to just imagine I'm on the cruise and what I would be doing. It's more like a day dream for me. Sick, huh???

We are leaving on the Star in a little more than a week.

Got email from Princess and now know some of the entertainment.

So I guess knowing in advance is still a good thing. We are now looking forward to seeing one of the entertainers we have seen before and really enjoyed.

We are leaving on the Star in a little more than a week.

Got email from Princess and now know some of the entertainment.

So I guess knowing in advance is still a good thing. We are now looking forward to seeing one of the entertainers we have seen before and really enjoyed.

Who are you looking forward to?