Liberty

Cabin after just boarding was dusty. Shameful cabin steward. Will definitely speak wit guest services.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Give them a break we just got off today and there was alot of sickness on our cruise. I found a Baggie it Tylenol in the nightstand however so what our cabin steward was awesome. I hope you don't have one of our rooms though.

Give them a break we just got off today and there was alot of sickness on our cruise. I found a Baggie it Tylenol in the nightstand however so what our cabin steward was awesome. I hope you don't have one of our rooms though.

What kind of sickness? Motion? Curious because we will be on the Liberty soon.

Which deck were you on?

Just got off yesterday, at first heard about 300 had some type of stomach problems from something hey ate. Later, my DD was talking with an upper crew member and he said they thought it was viral. New were fine, no problems. But crew were also getting sick.

Just got off yesterday also , DD got sick Monday - DW got sick Thursday - Low grade fever, vomiting, diarrhea for 24 hrs, but I escaped it - Both Mon & Wed ate in the dining room - DD Prime RIB DW Short Ribs - We were told Thursday by a couple we met early in the week who also got sick the line to the infirmary was 25 deep Wed night. No announcements made to passengers & no additional hand sanitizers in place ....1st time in almost 20 cruises anyone in my family got sick...But still had a great time !!!

We'll be on there with you!!

Been anticipating this cruise for soooo long. Wonder if there is anything we could do to build up our immunities, just in case? Any Medical Professionals out there with suggestions?

I dont think that we can completely protect ourselves from exposure to these viruses, but do know that frequent hand washing and sanitizing does help.

I used to think that people who "wiped down" their cabins with clorox wipes, were overdoing it, but I am beginning to think that it is probably a good idea and sure cant hurt.

We can also drive ourselves nuts in the process of trying to protect ourselves, so all I can say is do your best at hand washing and hope that it wont happen to you.

We were on the Liberty on the April 12th sailing. Out of the 8 person party I was with, only 2 avoided getting sick (luckily, I was one of them). Same symptoms, about 24 hours of vomiting, diarrhea, and a low grade fever. I'm not sure how many others came down with it, since I was trying to stay away from those with it :cool: but I will definitely bring clorox wipes next time!

I'll be sailing Saturday May 31st, and I'll do my best to "clean-r-up" for you. I'd suggest that common sense, and frequent, and through hand washing will go a long way towards avoiding the agony of getting ill while on a cruise. GEEEZZZEEE, I hate when that happens! :mad:

"SKY"

Ken

Did you come back from the western or eastern Caribbean?

We were on western. I imagine the reason it left late was the extra cleaning.

The crew member that spoke to my daughter said if a few more had gotten sick we would have stayed out an extra day before being allowed in port.

Everything seemed the same in terms of people though. We were all fine and had a great trip. Only thing that seemed down was less people tendering in Belize. But that could have been the clientele, had a a lot of 60 yoa plus on ship.

We were told by our dining room waiter ship was 900 people under capacity - no lines on ship anywhere - except on debarkation day as no decks were called for self assist debarking - They let the entire ship out at once 7:15 am mass confusion & line cutting....and lots of upset people....

There is a strain going around called the Sydney virus, at least that's what my hubby's doc said. Also, it is so strong, some of the regular cleaners don't have much effect on it. It's new to America, originated in Australia, so the problem is we over here have not become immune to it yet, so many I know here in FL have contracted it, including myself and entire family.

I was down 3 days, lost 7 lbs and it took me over 5 days to get completely re-hydrated, not the way I want to lose weight! :p

Many of my friends kids caught it and had to go the ER due to dehydration. Let me just say I wish this one on no one! It is VIOLENT! I can't imagine being on a cruise and catching it. Best wishes for those about to board!

Edited by keystonemama

How do you message John Heald? If you can tell me, I'll ask him about it.

I am also on the upcoming 6/7 cruise, if you find a way to reach John Heald, please tell him about the poor housekeeping concerns which have been expressed here! There must be something that can be done, this is not the norm, so it needs to be checked out. Thanks.