Mitsugirlys graduation getaway cruise

mitsugirly

Hi, Mitsugirly!!!

Thank you for taking the time t do this amazing review.

I may have already commented, but who cares? you keep popping back up on the first page, I read something new and i enjoy it all over again!!

Happy 4th of July!!

Gasp, Gambee went on the Breeze? As in Carnival? Point me to that direciton. I will need to read that. That's one of the ships I have wanted to try. I love his reviews.

Yep, more stuff to come and yes, just as bad if not worse. ;)

I know it wasn't the greatest cruise and a lot happened, but I do know that this bad memory will soon fade enough that I will soon forget most of it and we will cruise with them again in the future. As much grief as Kendra puts me in, both of us will be the first to tell you that we are each others best friend. We do everything together. We are in contact on a daily basis. We have similar interest (just not in timing). We confide in each other and tell each other everything, even our deepest, darkest secrets we wouldn't dare tell anyone. That's the awesome relationship we have. Then there's the cat fights where I want to scratch her eyes out...like this cruise. :D

Even though I am really late, I am very lucky too, to be here. :D

We are on the Getaway in September, and are very interested in your review. I barely have the time to participate in the roll call for my cruise, but I accidentally ended up on this NCL thread (for the first time). Boy am I glad I did. I will enjoy reading reviews on this forum much more than the reviews posted with the ship itself. It is great being able to have questions answered. Thank you for an interesting and informative review, and taking the time to acknowledge each person's questions. I'll be looking forward to your next review.

I really enjoyed your review we will be on the Getaway in September.

You will Like the balcony's on the Sun you can look straight down to the water as they overhang the rest of the ship.

Thanks for liking the review.

Unfortunately, we will be back to an interior on the Sun cruise. We also just booked a Sky cruise following that....so it will be a back-to-belly cruise that month. :D (Also an interior....in the same location...actually the exact same cabin number too). :p

Hi, Mitsugirly!!!

Thank you for taking the time t do this amazing review.

I may have already commented, but who cares? you keep popping back up on the first page, I read something new and i enjoy it all over again!!

Happy 4th of July!!

Awww, thanks so much. It makes me happy when someone likes it or gets some kind of benefit from it.

Happy 4th to you as well. :)

Even though I am really late' date=' I am very lucky too, to be here. :D[/quote']

Thanks for coming in Gambee's mom. I hope you are able to join Gambee on his next adventure. It's always a treat to read what all you guys do together (and I'm always laughing at how you have him order something to try and end up eating it). :D You guys keep me laughing.

We are on the Getaway in September, and are very interested in your review. I barely have the time to participate in the roll call for my cruise, but I accidentally ended up on this NCL thread (for the first time). Boy am I glad I did. I will enjoy reading reviews on this forum much more than the reviews posted with the ship itself. It is great being able to have questions answered. Thank you for an interesting and informative review, and taking the time to acknowledge each person's questions. I'll be looking forward to your next review.

Thanks for your awesome words. I'm so glad that you took the time to read it and post. I am always happy to answer any questions anyone has as long as I know them. :) That's what makes this forum wonderful.

I LOVE THE KIDS SAIL FREE PROMOS!!!

I just had to throw that out there.

My next review will be in November on the Sun and then my back-to-belly :D cruise with the Sky.

THEN.......

I BOOKED MY FIRST BERMUDA CRUISE!!! WOO HOO. Coming up next May. :eek: :D

Looking forward to your Sky review. We're sailing on the Getaway in September and we got the BOGO free sale for the Sky. We'll book that once we're done with our Getaway cruise.

I am looking forward to seeing your pics and thoughts of the sky!

We bought with the BOGO as well and are doing Sky the first week in February. Not expecting much but it'll be nice to get away again! Cost $300 for tax and fees so not exactly free and feel a little ripped off because I could book that cruise right now for $204/person and get $25 onboard credit and a free upgrade. They got me! :)

Edited by bazbaz65

Thank you so much for the hours of enjoyment you provided by writing your review. We are in the Star for a second time (in a suite! Yay!!) in October. Reading your review is tiding me over until it is here! You are truly talented and have a beautiful family and great spirit about you. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Yay, I'm glad to hear that you did book Sky!:) I'm sure that you will enjoy both your cruises and I'm happy we'll have more reviews to look forward to.:D

Heather

Thanks. Of course any cruise is better than no cruise and I'm sure I won't mind the Sky...or any other ship. :D

Looking forward to your Sky review. We're sailing on the Getaway in September and we got the BOGO free sale for the Sky. We'll book that once we're done with our Getaway cruise.

I am looking forward to seeing your pics and thoughts of the sky!

I had thought about booking the BOGO when they had it, but decided against it since I thought I would never sail on any cruise less than a 7 day. :eek: I guess I was wrong. hehe :p

We bought with the BOGO as well and are doing Sky the first week in February. Not expecting much but it'll be nice to get away again! Cost $300 for tax and fees so not exactly free and feel a little ripped off because I could book that cruise right now for $204/person and get $25 onboard credit and a free upgrade. They got me! :)

Does the $204 include the taxes? I know I booked mine for only $169 each but it's the taxes that get you every time. Oh well. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. :)

Thank you so much for the hours of enjoyment you provided by writing your review. We are in the Star for a second time (in a suite! Yay!!) in October. Reading your review is tiding me over until it is here! You are truly talented and have a beautiful family and great spirit about you. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Thank you so much for the kind words and posting. Glad I could tie you over until your Star cruise. Did you get to read my Star cruise yet? :D That should tie you over for awhile as well. hehe :o

I haven't seen your review lately on the first page. It was nice to see this thread again.

Great deal on your upcoming cruises. Looking forward to more reviews from you.

What does back to belly mean?

Thanks for the congrats. It was a really big accomplishment for me, especially after being out of school for so many years. I didn't know I had it in me.

TODAY I RECEIVED MY ATT!!!! I'm totally and completely freaking out right now. I'm doing a 3 day NCLEX review and I have stared at the testing dates for several hours today and my anxiety is through the roof. I just can't pick a date or facility. UGH! It's either 1 1/2 weeks from now or 4 weeks from now. I just don't know what to do. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. :(

What does ATT and NCLEX mean?

:) Searching for it now! Thank you!

No need to search. Just click on the link in my signature line. :)

I haven't seen your review lately on the first page. It was nice to see this thread again.

Great deal on your upcoming cruises. Looking forward to more reviews from you.

What does back to belly mean?

Back to belly is something someone else on here came up with to name my cruise since it's 2 different ships, 2 different ports and a day in between. :p Someone said it's not considered a back to back because I wasn't returning and leaving the same day for the same cruise. LOL :D Located HERE. So we named it back to belly.

That's what I was thinking! In the embarkation photo at first I could not pick you and your husband out, when you wear your hair down you look like your 25 yr old daughter, and when your husband has a baseball cap on he looks like your 19 yr old son:)

I thought the EXACT same thing!!

Blueberries are in and ready for picking, here in New Jersey! These purple/blue coral look just like blueberries!! Love your pictures and your review! I really feel like I'm right there with you. This is the first of your reviews that I'm reading and I'm definitely going to read the others....these next 88 days, waiting for our Breakaway cruise, are going to fly by! Thanks for all the entertainment. Oh yes, popcorn is my absolute favorite snack and I've had a few buckets while reading! ;)

The absolute most beautiful purple color I have ever seen. Eeeekkkkk! Would you look at that? I have never seen such a beautiful colored coral and never purple!!! I was so excited. They were everywhere along the left side of the beach by the wall.

P5210188-L.jpg

P5210187-L.jpg

I LOVE THE KIDS SAIL FREE PROMOS!!!

I just had to throw that out there.

My next review will be in November on the Sun and then my back-to-belly :D cruise with the Sky.

THEN.......

I BOOKED MY FIRST BERMUDA CRUISE!!! WOO HOO. Coming up next May. :eek: :D

Congratulations on your upcoming cruises! I will be looking forward to your Bermuda review as I'll be going there myself aboard Breakaway in September :)

Sent from my HTC smartphone using Tapatalk

Our refrigerators we've had in the past on NCL have managed to get the soda cold by the second day. It wasn't a fast process like at home, but by the end of the second day they were good and cold enough to drink right out of the can. These did not get cold the entire cruise and we did end up having to use the glasses and ice the room steward brought us throughout the day. Although it seemed to melt extremely fast as well. Hmm, maybe our room was just too warm since I kept the sliding door open a lot to hear the ocean. :D Ooops. The only issue we have ever had with a refrigerator that just simply didn't do anything was on Carnival. It was the absolute worse.

I know this was posted over a month ago....maybe someone has already responded. I'm sorry if they already have...I remember reading that the AC shuts off when the slider is open. Does it also shut off electricity to entire cabin the same way removing the room card does?

I thought the EXACT same thing!!

Awww, you guys make me blush. :o Another new best friend.

Blueberries are in and ready for picking, here in New Jersey! These purple/blue coral look just like blueberries!! Love your pictures and your review! I really feel like I'm right there with you. This is the first of your reviews that I'm reading and I'm definitely going to read the others....these next 88 days, waiting for our Breakaway cruise, are going to fly by! Thanks for all the entertainment. Oh yes, popcorn is my absolute favorite snack and I've had a few buckets while reading! ;)

It was the first time I had ever seen purple coral like that and I was just so amazed. It was SO beautiful. I took so many pictures of them. :D

I hope you like the other reviews and it passes your time by quickly and you are on the Breakaway before you know it. :p

Congratulations on your upcoming cruises! I will be looking forward to your Bermuda review as I'll be going there myself aboard Breakaway in September :)

Sent from my HTC smartphone using Tapatalk

We won't be going until next year (or did you mean you'll be there September of next year?)

I know this was posted over a month ago....maybe someone has already responded. I'm sorry if they already have...I remember reading that the AC shuts off when the slider is open. Does it also shut off electricity to entire cabin the same way removing the room card does?

The AC does not shut off when you remove the card. However, all the electric does. So, if you have anything plugged in like a camera or phone then it will not charge unless you have something in the slot to keep the electric on. :)

Back to the room at 9pm to start getting ready for the GLOW party. I had wore my outfit that Kendra bought me for the glow party on 80's night. I was really struggling with whether or not I should wear it again. I finally decided against it. I ended up with some hot pink shorts on instead and I wore my white sequins shirt that normally goes with my white hot party outfit.

We painted our arms with different colored glow paint and I painted a yellow happy face on my chest. hehe

We had our glow and glitter make up on, glow necklaces, glow earrings, glow bracelets and glow glasses. We were set for the party.

I met up with Kendra and Courtney in her room....still getting ready of course and being late. Everything had to be perfect...except the time we arrived of course.

We arrived and the party was hopping!!!

CSaXbTHgREE

The place was PACKED!! For all of you that always come on here and ask, "Will I feel left out at my age? What age groups are there? Should I go alone?" Well look at this video. Every age group, I don't think anyone is left out of anything, and feeling alone? Pshhh, how would you be able to tell in this crowd?

It was me, the hubby, Kendra, Courtney, Kolin and Brayden. Kendra's bf said he was going to get in the shower and come in a little while. Well, that never happened and he fell asleep. Almost instantly, Kolin decided he didn't want to be here either and left to go back to the room. He said "I don't dance and feel stupid, so I'm leaving." LOL

This ship photographer came around and took some pictures.

P5310332-L.jpg

P5310330-L.jpg

P5310331-L.jpg

Someone from the crowd came and scooped Brayden up and put him on the stage in front and got him dancing. (Yes, Brayden went. He didn't want to go to the kids club and begged to come to the party).

(Click for a video of him dancing on the stage)

P5220146%281%29-M.jpg

You guys look great!! Now you have me wanting to go out for some glow makep! Ooohhhh NAILPOLISH! Lol So kids are allowed at the party!? Obviously sine there were a lot and all up on stage! lol I thought I also saw your "little ones" at the 80s party as well. when are the kids NOT allowed!?

Edited by English101

You guys look great!! Now you have me wanting to go out for some glow makep! Ooohhhh NAILPOLISH! Lol So kids are allowed at the party!? Obviously sine there were a lot and all up on stage! lol I thought I also saw your "little ones" at the 80s party as well. when are the kids NOT allowed!?

We had so much glow stuff...more than what we actually needed. LOL

The stage was super small and there were a few kids there that night (maybe less than 10???) and most left by 11 or 12. We didn't take Sakari with us, she was at the kids club. My grandson did go for awhile.

The 80's party...yes, everyone was there of all ages (you have to remember this is where/when they do the fireworks...so you will definitely have the kids there. But most people come for the fireworks and then the kids leave. I don't remember seeing many kids after that.