Mitsugirlys graduation getaway cruise

mitsugirly

Right, because nothing says "Caribbean" like burgers and dogs. ;):D

(Yes, I know you were talking about the decor, not the food, but that was my first thought.)

I was actually happy to see the burgers and dogs! Lol for my kids at least! I remember going on excursions with lunch included and the food was all "island" food. My kids are too picky-completely my fault catering to them. :rolleyes:

This is so true. Up until reading your review of Junkaroo, I never would have even thought of going there. We have done the itinerary with Nassau 3 times already and we will be there again in October on the Breakaway. We weren't even going to get off the ship this time. But now I think we may go there. I think the "water park" sounds like so much fun!:D

I also wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your reviews. You are a very talented writer, and you have a way of drawing the reader in. Not many people can do what you do. :)

Also, congratulations on your nursing graduation. You should be really proud of yourself. As someone that doesn't know you, aside from your reviews, I am proud of you!

Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to reading your next review.

JoAnn, after "going" with Kim and her family to Blue Lagoon, I was thinking of going there in October as well. Atlantis does seem so expensive for just a few hours. DH and I discussed it and say we will do a land vacation there when are girls are a little older. They are 7&8 now and still a little afraid of water slides. We also say that we don't need to leave the ship since there is so much on Breakaway that we've already paid for! Lol plus we enjoy having the ship "to ourselves"

We had so much glow stuff...more than what we actually needed. LOL

The stage was super small and there were a few kids there that night (maybe less than 10???) and most left by 11 or 12. We didn't take Sakari with us, she was at the kids club. My grandson did go for awhile.

The 80's party...yes, everyone was there of all ages (you have to remember this is where/when they do the fireworks...so you will definitely have the kids there. But most people come for the fireworks and then the kids leave. I don't remember seeing many kids after that.

Thanks for responding! I just thought H2O was only for adults and figured we could watch from somewhere else on the ship. I'm glad they can come with us if they want. Although they will probably have a better time in Splash Academy! My girls are very well behaved and people are always telling us, while we're at restaurants or out and about. So I figure they won't be annoying to others but was afraid they were strict about keeping kids out of the area. Any chance I can get them in to use the water feature back there? I assume Getaway has one like Breakaway but you didn't post anything about it or the hottubs in there.

Another question: how do they charge for sitting services? You said its 6/hr. I would assume we're charged $6 even if they only end up staying for a Half hour.

I'm FINALLY finished reading everything! I have no clue how some people can read the whole review so quick! Lol I'm usually reading on my ipad and I clicked to open in Tapatalk. At first I loved it....didn't take as long to load each page and I didn't need to resize (to enlarge the font and not have that blank area on the right) however, it was missing everyone else's comments! I enjoy reading the comments because your responses are part of the story! So I switched back to the full site. We will be in Nassau on our trip and I showed my girls (7&8) your pictures from that section of your review. They can't wait. Now I need to sell my hubby on Blue Lagoon! Thanks for sharing so much info (prices) so that will help us plan!! :cool:

I am definitely a planner. I got hooked to CC when we booked our suite before ncl took possession of the ship. I came on here looking for info and pictures of the suite. We booked a fwd facing penthouse suite. But as pictures started being posted, people were figuring out that the suite I booked had a hull balcony. I looked up pictures of what it would look like from inside and on the balcony and my husband did not like it. It looked very claustrophobic and not at all what they were showing on the NCL website. I called inquiring about it and they said they couldn't confirm. I was unable to change to a different deck, in that same category, because the rest of them only slept 3. Once NCL did take possession of the ship, I got a letter stating we were booked in a hull balcony. My husband said "get us out of that room!" It was $700 more, at the time) to upgrade to an aft penthouse. I called again saying I wanted out of the room and could they do anything (on board credit, $off of the upgrade, free drinks) to "help us out" because the website was misleading and I thought it was very strange that we couldn't just switch to another deck. Long story [a little bit] shorter: they gave us a complimentary upgrade to the aft!! :cool:

Thanks for responding! I just thought H2O was only for adults and figured we could watch from somewhere else on the ship. I'm glad they can come with us if they want. Although they will probably have a better time in Splash Academy! My girls are very well behaved and people are always telling us, while we're at restaurants or out and about. So I figure they won't be annoying to others but was afraid they were strict about keeping kids out of the area. Any chance I can get them in to use the water feature back there? I assume Getaway has one like Breakaway but you didn't post anything about it or the hottubs in there.

Another question: how do they charge for sitting services? You said its 6/hr. I would assume we're charged $6 even if they only end up staying for a Half hour.

I'm FINALLY finished reading everything! I have no clue how some people can read the whole review so quick! Lol I'm usually reading on my ipad and I clicked to open in Tapatalk. At first I loved it....didn't take as long to load each page and I didn't need to resize (to enlarge the font and not have that blank area on the right) however, it was missing everyone else's comments! I enjoy reading the comments because your responses are part of the story! So I switched back to the full site. We will be in Nassau on our trip and I showed my girls (7&8) your pictures from that section of your review. They can't wait. Now I need to sell my hubby on Blue Lagoon! Thanks for sharing so much info (prices) so that will help us plan!! :cool:

I am definitely a planner. I got hooked to CC when we booked our suite before ncl took possession of the ship. I came on here looking for info and pictures of the suite. We booked a fwd facing penthouse suite. But as pictures started being posted, people were figuring out that the suite I booked had a hull balcony. I looked up pictures of what it would look like from inside and on the balcony and my husband did not like it. It looked very claustrophobic and not at all what they were showing on the NCL website. I called inquiring about it and they said they couldn't confirm. I was unable to change to a different deck, in that same category, because the rest of them only slept 3. Once NCL did take possession of the ship, I got a letter stating we were booked in a hull balcony. My husband said "get us out of that room!" It was $700 more, at the time) to upgrade to an aft penthouse. I called again saying I wanted out of the room and could they do anything (on board credit, $off of the upgrade, free drinks) to "help us out" because the website was misleading and I thought it was very strange that we couldn't just switch to another deck. Long story [a little bit] shorter: they gave us a complimentary upgrade to the aft!! :cool:

I believe the H2O is for adults only during the day. But in the evenings, they allow the children at the parties. I'm not 100% sure what times and maybe someone else can chime in on that. The only time we went back there was on the first day for the sail-away party and there wasn't much happening at the time so we left. The only 2 other times we were there were for the 80's party (and fireworks) and the Glow party.

They do have the little pool/water fountain area back there just like the Breakaway. I was really looking forward to spending some time in it and then I completely forgot about it until toward the end of the cruise and we never did make it back there. :( I'm not sure if they allow children in it or not. I believe during the parties, they didn't have water in it and the waterfalls weren't going when we walked over there.

For the sitting services at the kids club, you sign them up ahead of time and then just drop them off at 10:30pm until whenever you pick them up. I have always noticed that when we pick up our daughter, it's usually on the half hour and they have always seemed to round down. So if she was there for 2 1/2 hours, they would make it 2 hours. Maybe it has just been our luck. I'm not sure. I would imagine that if you only have them there for only 1/2 hour though, they would have to charge something. So, maybe it's the full $6 at that point. I know there is a reduced rate for siblings, so the second child would be a cheaper price. :)

I think the kids would have fun at Blue Lagoon. I know mine did (young and older). I believe my kids are going to join me again on my second cruise in November (on the Sky) and they are already talking about going back to Blue Lagoon. Unless I find something else interesting, we'll probably head back there again. :D

I believe the H2O is for adults only during the day. But in the evenings, they allow the children at the parties. I'm not 100% sure what times and maybe someone else can chime in on that. The only time we went back there was on the first day for the sail-away party and there wasn't much happening at the time so we left. The only 2 other times we were there were for the 80's party (and fireworks) and the Glow party.

They do have the little pool/water fountain area back there just like the Breakaway. I was really looking forward to spending some time in it and then I completely forgot about it until toward the end of the cruise and we never did make it back there. :( I'm not sure if they allow children in it or not. I believe during the parties, they didn't have water in it and the waterfalls weren't going when we walked over there.

For the sitting services at the kids club, you sign them up ahead of time and then just drop them off at 10:30pm until whenever you pick them up. I have always noticed that when we pick up our daughter, it's usually on the half hour and they have always seemed to round down. So if she was there for 2 1/2 hours, they would make it 2 hours. Maybe it has just been our luck. I'm not sure. I would imagine that if you only have them there for only 1/2 hour though, they would have to charge something. So, maybe it's the full $6 at that point. I know there is a reduced rate for siblings, so the second child would be a cheaper price. :)

I think the kids would have fun at Blue Lagoon. I know mine did (young and older). I believe my kids are going to join me again on my second cruise in November (on the Sky) and they are already talking about going back to Blue Lagoon. Unless I find something else interesting, we'll probably head back there again. :D

For sitting services, I just thought if they were already there and we wanted to pick them up at 11 instead of 10:30...I wonder if that can be done. I'm happy to hear they they rounded down to 2 hours for you. Wow! 2 1/2 hrs as in 1am!? How late do they stay open? And was Sakari still awake? I know you said you're a night owl but I didn't think of leaving my daughters in so late. Do they have cots in case the kids want to sleep? I remember seeing bean bags in someone's review. We actually don't stay out late but you never know on a cruise with the some of the entertainment starting so late.

I would love to try out that obstacle course over the water! Looks like lots of fun!

Congratulations on your graduation! Good luck on the test! And thanks so much for taking me along for your cruise! :p it was a lot of fun! I'm planning on doing a review of breakaway when I return. I know there have been lots already. But then again, if I came across another I would definitely read it, with my cruise coming up! Lol :D

Ok....I'm off to check out another review of yours! Hmmmm....which ship do I want to board? I think you said you've been on Star, Dawn's sister ship. We honeymooned on Dawn in April 2004! I'll have to check out your star review. :)

At this time I wanted to take a minute to discuss iConceirge. I believe they only have this on the new ships (correct me if I'm wrong). I will show you screen shots of it and tell you what it does (and what we used it for).

I personally think it was a wonderful system to have for the week (especially if you are traveling with a group). It would also come in handy if you are split up with a spouse, children or whomever you might be traveling with.

The cost is $7.95 for the entire week and well worth it to us to be able to just text each other to find a location to meet or whatever. But, it does much more than that.

I have to start by saying that you must FIRST DOWNLOAD THE APP PRIOR TO CRUISING!! After you are already on your way, you're out of luck. I downloaded mine about a month prior to our cruise so that I wouldn't forget to do it. We did test once we left the port of Miami and were out to sea to see if you could download it while on the cruise...nope. No can do.

So the main page shows you a list of things that the app will do and it's like your homepage.

IMG_0514-L.png

IMG_0517-L.png

Any of these links will take you to another page.

For instance if you chose the Dining category, it would take you to a page that listed every dining option on the ship:

IMG_0510-L.png

Then once you pick a dining place, you go to the next page which will give you a description of the place and what they serve, what deck it is located on, your dress code, and if there's a price then it will list a price as well.

IMG_0513-L.png

At the bottom you can see that you are able to view the menu and also make reservations. I had to try it out and it worked perfect. You pick the day and time, then how many people. Once you have scheduled your reservation, you can go back in and check it.

IMG_0512-L.png

Go to any area, like Shopping, and it will list the individual places and you can click on any of them for the info.

IMG_0509-L.png

Thank you for this info - I didn't realize you could do so much with it.

Kim/Queen!

Congrats on your graduation! I followed that all on facebook and couldn't be happier for you. I know you have put a ton of work in over the last several years.

I hate how you started your vacation with such a panic. That kind of thing tends to hang with you for a while. I know she's your flesh and blood, but I might have thrown my kid overboard if they made me miss a flight. That's just total BS and inexcusable in my book.

While you might be unhappy with the number of pictures and how the review is going, the rest of us love it and are very thankful that you've posted so much information and so many beautiful pictures of this ship.

Hope things get better!

Well said!

For sitting services, I just thought if they were already there and we wanted to pick them up at 11 instead of 10:30...I wonder if that can be done.

Yes, if your kids are already there before the 10:30pm time, you just leave them there still. We have done both...dropped her off at 10:30pm, dropped her off ahead of time and just left her there, and also dropped her off ahead of time and then just went back to check on her at 10:30pm prior to going out. It's whatever you want to do. :)

I'm happy to hear they they rounded down to 2 hours for you. Wow! 2 1/2 hrs as in 1am!? How late do they stay open? And was Sakari still awake? I know you said you're a night owl but I didn't think of leaving my daughters in so late. Do they have cots in case the kids want to sleep? I remember seeing bean bags in someone's review. We actually don't stay out late but you never know on a cruise with the some of the entertainment starting so late.

They are open until 1:30am. :D Sometimes she's awake, other times she's not. It all depends usually on if we have a port day the day we leave her for sitting. If we were in port, you better believe she is probably tired. If not, she's usually up. She's a night owl just like me. She was up until 4am the other night waiting on me to get home from work. She pretty much has the same schedule as we do around here. :)

Yes, they usually have bean bags for them to lay on or mats and even blankets. They always take good care of them.

I would love to try out that obstacle course over the water! Looks like lots of fun!

Honestly, it was a blast! I loved that more than anything on the ship. It was just so much fun!! (Well, actually it's probably tied with the drop water slide...woooooo weeeee).

Congratulations on your graduation! Good luck on the test! And thanks so much for taking me along for your cruise! it was a lot of fun! I'm planning on doing a review of breakaway when I return. I know there have been lots already. But then again, if I came across another I would definitely read it, with my cruise coming up! Lol

Ok....I'm off to check out another review of yours! Hmmmm....which ship do I want to board? I think you said you've been on Star, Dawn's sister ship. We honeymooned on Dawn in April 2004! I'll have to check out your star review.

I hope you enjoy the other reviews you check out. :)

Thank you for this info - I didn't realize you could do so much with it.

Yes, it really does do a lot. I loved the app and will probably get it on every cruise that they offer it. :D

I hope you enjoy the other reviews you check out. :)

Yes, it really does do a lot. I loved the app and will probably get it on every cruise that they offer it. :D

I hope you're not tired of me yet! :eek:

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all the info you share! I really appreciate hearing about the kids club! It's nice to hear my girls will be in good hands. I am so glad they will also be together in the same group! At time of sailing, they will be 7&9. We've never used any kind of sitting service or even kids club on vacation before so I'm glad they will be together!

I hope you're not tired of me yet! :eek:

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all the info you share! I really appreciate hearing about the kids club! It's nice to hear my girls will be in good hands. I am so glad they will also be together in the same group! At time of sailing, they will be 7&9. We've never used any kind of sitting service or even kids club on vacation before so I'm glad they will be together!

Oh no, never tired of anyone that I can help with their questions. I'm glad to help.

We absolutely love the kids club on NCL. My daughter has been going to the kids club since she was 3 years old and we cruise about 2 times a year. She BEGS to go and BEGS to stay once she gets there. They are awesome people in there. The one thing I have noticed as well is that these people in the kids clubs are not just people they hired off the streets. These people have degrees that involve something to do with children. Some have several degrees in childhood development and so on. They truly care about your child and they make the most out of their cruise time with them. I would never hesitate to take my child there at any time. They are awesome and I can't say enough good things about them. (Carnival however.....:rolleyes:)

Just came across this review while reading where to snorkel in St. Thomas and you had mentioned Coki Beach which is what I am planning to do.

Right now I am on page 24 in search of your photos and info.

Thanks for such a detailed review. ib

Just came across this review while reading where to snorkel in St. Thomas and you had mentioned Coki Beach which is what I am planning to do.

Right now I am on page 24 in search of your photos and info.

Thanks for such a detailed review. ib

If you are looking for just the Coki review, you can click the "Coki" link under St Thomas in my signature and it will take you to the correct page. Then just search for the beginning post, which is post #353 :)

If you are looking for just the Coki review, you can click the "Coki" link under St Thomas in my signature and it will take you to the correct page. Then just search for the beginning post, which is post #353 :)

great thanks so much.. I loved the photos... about the blur.. could it have been a moonfish( jellyfish)?

I have a booked a taxi drive from Duncan & Sean to Coki beach and Coral World so I will be happy with just that for the day.

Edited by ISLABONITA

Oh no, never tired of anyone that I can help with their questions. I'm glad to help.

We absolutely love the kids club on NCL. My daughter has been going to the kids club since she was 3 years old and we cruise about 2 times a year. She BEGS to go and BEGS to stay once she gets there. They are awesome people in there. The one thing I have noticed as well is that these people in the kids clubs are not just people they hired off the streets. These people have degrees that involve something to do with children. Some have several degrees in childhood development and so on. They truly care about your child and they make the most out of their cruise time with them. I would never hesitate to take my child there at any time. They are awesome and I can't say enough good things about them. (Carnival however.....:rolleyes:)

Again, thank you. We were going to try it no matter what. I love that we can tour the area on the first day. You just keep amazing me! No one has shared so much info with me about the kids club!!! I'm sure it's there on CC but I've never seen it! My 7 year old is sitting with me and I read the part about Sakari begging to go and begging to stay. I even told her about Sakari staying one night til 1am. And now she wants to stay that late!! Lol

Kim,

Thank you so much for this review, and all of your reviews. I am new to cruising and will be going on Getaway ( our very first cruise) this Sept. 27. I have been reading your reviews and Gambee's reviews for a few months now. It is my daily night time reading. I have only commented on Cc once, but I had to tell you how much I appreciate your detailed reviews! I have a DH and two daughters ages 8 and 14. We will be going with other family as well. I'm trying to talk them into Coki, and Blue lagoon. Ugh they say blue lagoon is too far. :( well I guess we will see what we all will decide on in Nassau.

Thanks again Kim for your wonderful reviews!!! I might just go back again through all of them now that I have come to the end. Another few months of reading!!!

Jessica

Getaway Sept 2014

Freedom of the Seas Sept 2015

great thanks so much.. I loved the photos... about the blur.. could it have been a moonfish( jellyfish)?

I have a booked a taxi drive from Duncan & Sean to Coki beach and Coral World so I will be happy with just that for the day.

Hmm, I'm not sure about the jelly fish. I have seen jelly fish several times when swimming and I notice them easily enough that I think if it was a jelly fish, I would have seen it (especially with the amount of pictures I was taking). I think it was a ghost! :p But seriously, I don't know, it was just weird.

Again, thank you. We were going to try it no matter what. I love that we can tour the area on the first day. You just keep amazing me! No one has shared so much info with me about the kids club!!! I'm sure it's there on CC but I've never seen it! My 7 year old is sitting with me and I read the part about Sakari begging to go and begging to stay. I even told her about Sakari staying one night til 1am. And now she wants to stay that late!! Lol

I think she'll have a blast. The kids club is real structured and they have a lot going on. Each day is geared toward a "theme" and everything they do (sing, dance, draw, crafts, shows, movies and everything else) is geared toward it for the day. One day is a Pirate day and they read pirate stories, craft pirate hats and have their faces painted like pirates. Then they go on a treasure hunt around the ship. The sing and shout along the the way during the parade. Another night will be princess and prince night. They practice during the week for a big circus show they are in the last day of the cruise. The kids are so proud and have so much fun that day. They have activity time, they have open gym time, they have story time. It's just a great over all program. :)

Oh also, on the glow party night...when the parents are at the glow party, the kids also have their "own" glow party in the kids club. They get glow sticks and had a stage and everything. So they get to do a little of what we get to do...but with all of their friends in the kids club. ;)

One last thing...my daughter easily makes friends. She has made friends with kids in the kids club and I have become friends with their parents and went to the ports doing the same thing....and now sometimes we plan cruises together as well and we meet up again. Also, she has had 2 cruises that the counselors have switched ships and they were her counselor on a previous ship and they remember her. Tell me that isn't good coming from someone that will see thousands of kids each cruise. ;)

Edited by mitsugirly

Kim,

Thank you so much for this review, and all of your reviews. I am new to cruising and will be going on Getaway ( our very first cruise) this Sept. 27. I have been reading your reviews and Gambee's reviews for a few months now. It is my daily night time reading. I have only commented on Cc once, but I had to tell you how much I appreciate your detailed reviews! I have a DH and two daughters ages 8 and 14. We will be going with other family as well. I'm trying to talk them into Coki, and Blue lagoon. Ugh they say blue lagoon is too far. :( well I guess we will see what we all will decide on in Nassau.

Thanks again Kim for your wonderful reviews!!! I might just go back again through all of them now that I have come to the end. Another few months of reading!!!

Jessica

Getaway Sept 2014

Freedom of the Seas Sept 2015

Thanks so much for your comment. I feel privileged to know that you have come out of your hiding and made a post to compliment my review. Thank you so much. It means a lot when someone does that. I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much.

You will love Coki. Hopefully you'll be able to talk the family into Blue Lagoon. It's really not far at all...it's just the slow pace along the houses there that seems like the ride is longer than it really is. But it's very pretty along the way. I hope you enjoy your cruise. :)

Mitsugirly,

Wonderful review. Took me four days to read it (I don't have a job). Stayed up past midnight last night to finish (I'm an early to bed person).

You're a seasoned traveler,so I'm surprised that you allow yourself so little time to get to the airport, check in, and go through security. Airlines always suggest getting to the airport at least 1-1/2 hours before your flight. Maybe Columbus is a much smaller airport, but I would never cut it as close as you did in Detroit. Thank goodness it all turned out okay, and that you left a day before the cruise. I was sweating bullets along with everyone else.

I must tell you that I screamed O M G out loud when I looked at the picture of your tooth in your hand. My first thought was that it was someone else's tooth that somehow ended up in your drink. Ewwww.

I, too, never considered one of the larger ships, because I thought they were just too big with too many passengers, but you made it sound doable. So, I started to consider it for one of my future cruises. But, then in your wrap up, you did mention that there were too many people. I still may consider it, because you made the Eastern Caribbean itinerary sound so wonderful (it's been awhile). But I hate the thought of having to make reservations for the shows and now reservations for the MDRs (or so I've read).

Congratulations and good luck with the Boards. You're a very determined woman, and I have no doubt that you'll pass on the very first try. And, thank you for your hard work on this review.

Thanks so much for the great photos....Coki Beach is a definite for us on our next trip to St. Thomas!

Question: I'm a bit apprehensive about the sea urchins and getting cut by coral in low water. Should I be too worried about this at Coki?

Suggestions for best snorkeling? Can we rent vests and fins at Coki? We have our own masks/snorkels.

Mitsugirly,

Wonderful review. Took me four days to read it (I don't have a job). Stayed up past midnight last night to finish (I'm an early to bed person).

You're a seasoned traveler,so I'm surprised that you allow yourself so little time to get to the airport, check in, and go through security. Airlines always suggest getting to the airport at least 1-1/2 hours before your flight. Maybe Columbus is a much smaller airport, but I would never cut it as close as you did in Detroit. Thank goodness it all turned out okay, and that you left a day before the cruise. I was sweating bullets along with everyone else.

I must tell you that I screamed O M G out loud when I looked at the picture of your tooth in your hand. My first thought was that it was someone else's tooth that somehow ended up in your drink. Ewwww.

I, too, never considered one of the larger ships, because I thought they were just too big with too many passengers, but you made it sound doable. So, I started to consider it for one of my future cruises. But, then in your wrap up, you did mention that there were too many people. I still may consider it, because you made the Eastern Caribbean itinerary sound so wonderful (it's been awhile). But I hate the thought of having to make reservations for the shows and now reservations for the MDRs (or so I've read).

Congratulations and good luck with the Boards. You're a very determined woman, and I have no doubt that you'll pass on the very first try. And, thank you for your hard work on this review.

Why thank you so much for taking the time to read it (and especially finding it good enough to stay up past your bed time to do so). :D

Well, I really didn't "allow" myself such little time to get to the airport since my daughter was driving us all there it was pretty much in her hands at that point. YIKES! But now she claims she knows better and didn't realize what all goes in to flying with the checking in, baggage, security and so on. She had never flown before and said she had not clue that all of that needed to be done (even though I kept telling her :rolleyes:). So we'll see next time.

Yep, the tooth freaked me out a little too...even though it was my own, when I felt it in my mouth, I had no clue what it was or what to expect. I have to admit, I have had nightmares many times since I was a kid about ALL of my teeth falling out for no reason at the same time...I guess this was the closest thing to it happening. LOL

I honestly loved the big ships...until this one for some reason. I loved the Epic and we loved the Dream (Carnival) and I still want to try the Oasis or Allure and even the Magic and Breeze. I just really think the timing was all off on this cruise. It was too rushed with my graduation and moving and then having so many family members and flying and....just everything. It just didn't feel right. I just really didn't like having to schedule everything (even though I did that exact same thing on the Epic when we went and there were no problems...but I did it WAY in advance and had plenty of time to research and prepare and know what I needed to do). This time, I didn't have enough time for all of that and didn't know what to expect. :(

Your review is great, loving everything & pictures are really good.

Thank you so much. :)

Thanks so much for the great photos....Coki Beach is a definite for us on our next trip to St. Thomas!

Question: I'm a bit apprehensive about the sea urchins and getting cut by coral in low water. Should I be too worried about this at Coki?

Suggestions for best snorkeling? Can we rent vests and fins at Coki? We have our own masks/snorkels.

Actually the sea urchins are usually (this is with most places I have been) down in a hole. Sometimes they can stick out, but normally they seem to like hiding down in the holes in the rocks. At both Coki and also at Mullet Bay (in St Maarten), they were far enough down that you wouldn't be able to touch them unless you actually tried or put your foot down in some of the more shallow areas (at Mullet)...which I might add, you are not supposed to because it will kill the coral and sea life that might be on that rock. I really didn't encounter many areas that you would get caught up in that you would be scratched up by the coral in low water. I just swam along the sides looking and didn't go in any of the crevices so to speak. Been there-done that-learned my lessons years ago with the ouchies that come along with those areas. :D

Best areas are along the sides where the rocks are of course. Either side will give you awesome snorkeling and plenty to see. The bright purple coral was on the left side (when you are facing the beach). I found the eel on the right side. So, you just never know what you may come across at any given time. :p

I'm sure you could rent vest there at coki. They have a rental place. But, I couldn't tell you much more than that since we have our own equipment. Sorry.

I hope you have a wonderful time there! :)