Mitsugirlys graduation getaway cruise

mitsugirly

Hi Kim-

Just got home from camping. The worst part was there was no internet. So, I am finally caught up... whew!

This was an awesome review. I know how difficult these are, and how many hours it takes to write and edit and respond. Thank you for all of your hard work.

It was mini vacation just reading it!

:) TL

Oh my gosh, that's a hilarious story!! I seriously laughed and it definitely sounds like something that we would do (either by mistake and definitely on purpose). :D

I hope you have a wonderful cruise on the Sunshine. I would love it if you'd come back and let me know how it went. Or...if you do a review, give me a link. I have thought about doing the Sunshine and we have been beside it several times in port. It looks like a lot of fun. But, I'm just waiting for some of the reports to come back a little more positive. There seems to be a lot of complaints about the size of the ship versus the amount of people on it now that they have redone it. I really don't have too much of a problem with a "crowd", but definitely gotta love the ship and it looks like fun. :D

I will definitely let you know how it goes. We are not picky - we try to have a great time no matter what. Our last 5 cruises have been: Epic/Dream/Breeze/Epic/Allure - so I'm not sure how we will like the smaller ship. I think we have decided we are a "Large ship" family. We thought we'd try the Sunshine after the latest updates - fingers crossed!

The hubby ordered his meal (no clue what it was called) and then once she was done writing our order, I ask if she would mind using my camera to take our picture. She said "Hold on just a minute and I'll be back after placing your order." I thought it was a little strange since it would have taken 5 seconds to take the camer and snap a picture and the only thing in her hand was a pen and pad which could have been put on the table. I mean it's not like she had her hands full or anything or was in a rush.

She continued to pass us several times and never once stopped to take th picture. I thought it was odd. It was almost like she was avoiding us and wouldn't even make eye contact.

Another person brought out some bread. It was lovely and we enjoyed it.

By the time our food arrived a ship photographer came along and took our picture (of course with HIS camera so you were forced to purchase one from the ship). So I'm not sure if that's why she didn't take the picture for us or what. I just really thought it was lame.

We ended up just taking pictures of each other while sitting at the table. Not exactly what I was wanting.

I am slowly working through your review. You know this does not surprise me, it totally seems like something that NCL would ask their employees to do. Their business is to up charge and sell sell sell!!! I am sure this puts the server in a very awkward situation.

I'm enjoying your review so far. I received your name from Gambee when I asked about a great review for Getaway =). I plan to sail for Christmas is the plan. I also just graduated from RN school and take my boards next week. Finally!! I'm so ready to take it! =)

Great review! All of your details and hearing your point of view, made me enjoy it more. Thank you for it. I'm looking forward to sailing her in September with my family. Now I'm off to read your other reviews.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Hi Kim-

Just got home from camping. The worst part was there was no internet. So, I am finally caught up... whew!

This was an awesome review. I know how difficult these are, and how many hours it takes to write and edit and respond. Thank you for all of your hard work.

It was mini vacation just reading it!

:) TL

A mini vacation reading it...LOL Glad you enjoyed it. As much work as it is, I truly enjoy doing them. It's like reliving the cruise all over again.

I will definitely let you know how it goes. We are not picky - we try to have a great time no matter what. Our last 5 cruises have been: Epic/Dream/Breeze/Epic/Allure - so I'm not sure how we will like the smaller ship. I think we have decided we are a "Large ship" family. We thought we'd try the Sunshine after the latest updates - fingers crossed!

You are cruising my dream ships! :) My favorite ship the Epic, the Dream was a beautiful dream, the Breeze is the next Carnival ship I want to try out and the ALLURE!!! :eek: I can't wait to be able to do it as well.

I'm crossing my fingers for you as well for the Sunshine. I have heard so many complaints about it since they redid it, mainly about it being just too crowded and too small for the amount of stuff on there now and people. But I honestly don't think that would bother me too much. I looks like a fun ship. Say hello to Freddie for me. :D

The pictures of Mullet Bay makes me want to go there. It's on my bucket list for sure.

We do sound a lot alike. After I took my husband on our first cruise and came back and purchased a second camera just like the first (at that time a Canon D10), he knew I meant business. I explained to him that I wasn't about to miss out on any shots just because he might have the camera at that time. This way, I have my camera and he can use the extra one if needed. If not, then it's a space for backup when a battery dies in the other. :D

I honestly have to say about Maho Beach and watching the planes. We enjoyed our time there and the pictures that I took from the area we were in. But for some reason, I think I got better pictures the last time I was there from the Sunset area. I don't know. It just seemed like maybe we were closer? Or maybe we were more in the path? There was just a different atmosphere about being on the other side. You be the judge at let me know what you think.

Walls with opening/holes every so often is not your friend. Beware. :D ;) It wasn't the wall that got me, it was the opening in the wall. Yikes.

I am slowly working through your review. You know this does not surprise me, it totally seems like something that NCL would ask their employees to do. Their business is to up charge and sell sell sell!!! I am sure this puts the server in a very awkward situation.

Well hello there Gambee! :D Glad to see ya. It looks like between your Breeze review finishing up about when my Getaway review started, between the 2 of us, we are keeping the cc people occupied. :p I absolutely LOVED your review (as always) and I knew that I wanted to try the Breeze already, but now I REALLY want to try it.

I'm enjoying your review so far. I received your name from Gambee when I asked about a great review for Getaway =). I plan to sail for Christmas is the plan. I also just graduated from RN school and take my boards next week. Finally!! I'm so ready to take it! =)

Well congrats to you. Good luck on the boards. It took me awhile to get my butt into gear and get my paperwork, background check and applications to test done. There was just so much going on at the same time. My name JUST appeared today on the BON site. So that was excited. I'm in no hurry to test at the moment. I still need to get to studying. I will go into full panic mode when my ATT finally post. YIKES. Good luck to you! :)

Great review! All of your details and hearing your point of view, made me enjoy it more. Thank you for it. I'm looking forward to sailing her in September with my family. Now I'm off to read your other reviews.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the comments. :)

The pictures of Mullet Bay makes me want to go there. It's on my bucket list for sure.

I enjoyed it there. It was pretty peaceful and beautiful. It made me realize how much more I enjoyed it after going over to Maho Beach (since Maho "beach" really isn't much of a beach). :p

I'm excited for the Glow Party. Where do I find glowing paint, glowing eye shadow, glowing fingernail polish, glowing outfits?? :confused::o

P5220137-L.jpg

P5220134-L.jpg

We signed her up for sitting services for tonight. It was the White Hot party made over into the now GLOW party and we were ready!! We had been planning on this night for months. We had glowing paint, glowing eye shadow, glowing fingernail polish, glowing outfits, glow jewelry...yep, we were set.

I'm excited for the Glow Party. Where do I find glowing paint, glowing eye shadow, glowing fingernail polish, glowing outfits?? :confused::o

If you have a Spencers near you, they have the glow paint, nail polish and glitter. Or you can find it online or on ebay.

As for the outfits, my daughter just went shopping at the mall and found ours. My son has a black light and we checked it out under that before going to make sure we had glow outfits.

There is a dollar store around us that had the glow sticks (earrings, rings, necklace, glasses, and bracelets.) But you can also buy those on ebay. :) Get creative and have fun!!!

It's sad when good reviews come to an end, I truly enjoyed it, make ya feel like you are there. Question, did any of you try out those huge water slides?? Is it 5 of them?

Also I just finished nursing school and our class all received their ATTs fast. We did our background and finger prints 1 week before school ended. They have always told us to not wait to long to take our test. Also our school paid for our HURST review and so far everyone has passed. Me next!! Good luck and keep us posted. Best wishes.

FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE PORTS:

ST MAARTEN

MULLET BAY:

PROS:

I would go here again in a heartbeat. It was beautiful and the water there was calm the day we were there. I enjoyed exploring around the rocky area on foot. I would probably try to explore a little more up and down the beach instead of sticking to just in front of our lounge chairs and over to the rocks.

I thought the chair rental was reasonable and the food and drinks were about what every other place offers. The soda was nice and ice cold. Soda $2.00 Beer $2.50 Fries $4.00

Beautiful sand and no issues with rocks in the water.

There were plenty of sea shells for the kids to collect and they enjoyed it.

Only a few vendors that stopped by to offer goods and then left. They did not hassle you.

A super easy walk over to Maho to watch the planes come in if you want 15 minutes.

You can see the planes coming into Maho from this area. They are low, but they are just not over top of your head.

Some iguanas walking around the rocky area and out past the parking lot.

Close to shopping and various other restaurants in town if you want to walk there.

CONS:

No restroom facilities. They had a clean decent smelling porta-potty. This can be a big deal to some (not to us). It’s better than camping in the woods. ;)

It’s not really a snorkeling place, but you will see fish (after all, it is the ocean) and you will find plenty of prickly sea urchins here….I mean TONS.

WOULD I GO HERE AGAIN? Definitely would.

WOULD I SUGGEST IT TO OTHERS: Definitely would.

MAHO BEACH:

PROS:

This is not your normal “airport” and it’s a must-see when in St Maarten.

You haven’t watched planes come in until you’ve been to Maho where it feels like they are only a few feet from your head. It’s an amazing site.

Two places to get drinks and food while you are there.

Sunset-Nice facility with a huge deck to sit at a table, chairs, and umbrella to eat while watching the planes come in. Nice bathroom facility. A garden hose to wash the sand off your feet before leaving. More crowded than Driftwood.

Driftwood-other side of the beach and a small boat where they serve good food and good drinks. No restroom facilities that I know of (unless there’s a porta-potty somewhere that I didn’t notice). Free lounge chairs to use on the beach. Less crowded than Sunset. Cheeseburger & fries meal $11. Beer $2.50. Soada $2.00.

The big planes usually come in after noon.

CONS:

The beach is not a “good” beach. There’s very little room and it’s on a slope. Once you get into the water, it drops rather quickly (watch your little ones and even your drunk spouse). The waves can be very brutal at times.

Definitely no snorkeling here and like always a few fish hanging out in the area. Nothing special.

The beach can definitely get crowded during peak times of the day when the planes come in.

It can be a mad house trying to catch a cab back if you go at the same time everyone else is leaving, but never an issue getting one eventually.

WOULD I GO HERE AGAIN? Nope, I have been twice now. That’s enough for me. I will move on to other places to experience more of the island.

WOULD I SUGGEST IT TO OTHERS? Yep, absolutely. It’s a must-do at least once type of thing.

ST THOMAS:

COKI BEACH:

PROS:

Absolutely the best snorkeling ever. The sea life is just that amazing here. Simply walk out into the water and you are there. You will see so many things here. It’s just a must-do.

Sandy bottom ocean in the middle for those that just want to swim.

You can go out pretty far along the edges of the rocks and water and it’s still pretty shallow for snorkeling.

Plenty of water sports if you so desire and scuba.

Friendly non-pushy vendors that won’t hassle you.

You get your own waitress or waiter for the day and can run up a tab and pay at the end or pay as you go.

Restroom and shower facility.

Equipment rental for snorkeling.

Good price for chair rental $5.00 & umbrella $10. Soda $2.00

Several areas to wash the sand off your feet and body prior to leaving.

Water was not rough.

CONS:

Drinks can be a little pricey. Frozen drinks $9.00

Staff can get a little upset if you don’t stick with “your” person for ordering all day.

Not much natural shade.

WOULD I GO BACK? ABSOLUTELY!!!! WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS PLACE? ABSOLUTELY!! It has a little bit of something for everyone whether you snorkel or just swim (or relax).

NASSAU, BAHAMAS

BLUE LAGOON:

PROS:

Beautiful place and very nice island!

Plenty of interactions with animals if you want to do the swims.

Very nice grounds with beautiful landscaping.

The place is laid out very well.

Gift shop, dressing rooms and restrooms.

PLENTY of chairs and table to eat at.

Tons of loungers, chairs and hammocks.

Several different beach areas.

Life guards at both the beach (one side) and the water park.

Definitely a place for kids AND adults with the water park, animals, and the land blow up toys.

LOTS of water activities: trike, canoes and so on.

Shallow water and no waves (I mean after all, it’s a lagoon).

Several areas to spread out away from the crowd.

They give you maps of the place as you enter. It’s a fairly big place.

Plenty of shade both right by the beach and on the grounds.

A good variety of food with the day pass.

(My son said it was his most favorite port of the cruise and wished that every place we went to was like this ;) )

CONS:

Not enough time there to do everything. I would have loved to spend the entire day there.

Some say the ferry ride over to the island is too long and takes 40 minutes. Please understand that this is due to the no wake area by the ships and the houses along the water. They gather speed the further they get away from this area and then speed up a lot ocean out in the open to the island. Honestly, I enjoyed the ride. They gave information and told about the homes in the area. Staff was very friendly and it honestly did not seem like it was a 40 minute ride. I’m almost sure it wasn’t. PRO on the ferry-they had drinks and chips available for purchase (Soda $2.50) in case you needed to quench your thirst on the way over and staff was friendly. Given several options to return was also a nice gesture and made the day longer.

WOULD I GO BACK? ABSOLUTELY.

WOULD I RECOMMEND? ABSOLUTELY. Great for all ages of the family. Very nice day on a beautiful island.

THE GETAWAY:

What a beautiful, new, big and plenty to do type of ship!!!

The décor is neutral tones and a very up to date modern look.

Tons of restaurants to choose from whether you are looking for free dining or pay. There’s something for everyone. They have stepped up the MDR with now 3 restaurants to choose from.

The buffet is HUGE and very long and on both sides.

The water park is simply amazing. Something for everyone from wee little ones at the SpongeBob waterpark to teens and adults on the water slides.

The rooms are beautiful with plenty of storage and the shower was amazing.

The food was good as always (with some things being excellent and others being ok). The deserts-well, they just can’t seem to get it right on NCL for some reason. I’m really upset that they no longer offer just regular cheesecake. It was always my “to-go-to” desert and now it’s gone. The ice cream (both soft serve and hard) is amazing and so are the crapes. There’s plenty of food to choose from and if you can’t find anything…then you have issues.

I highly recommend the iConceirge program. We used it a lot and thought it was well worth the money if you are going to be split up at any time from the people you are traveling with…on such a huge ship.

The staff was amazing and friendly just like always.

The new picture Kiosk to be able to snap a picture and immediately post it to your facebook or send an email to family…excellent idea.

The face recognition and photography having the ability to type in your cabin number when they take your picture=the greatest thing ever.

Kids club staff=amazing as always. The activities they do with the kids and the themes=amazing as always.

Illusionarium=EXCELLENT SHOW. Worth every penny (although we didn’t care for the food).

The Flamingo Grill-adding more free options to breakfast and lunch is a winner in my book. Never crowded and different food.

THE SUGARY WHIPPED TOPPING!!!! TO DIE FOR!!!

Teppanyaki-EXCELLENT from start to finish with both the atmosphere to the cook to the food.

Added extras like the pin bowling and arcade games in that area was a nice added touch and fun.

Golfing, the plank, zip lining and the ropes course=amazing! How could someone not have fun here? (Even the little one’s on the spider climb and the trampline).

80’s party was a blast and the fireworks were simply amazing….tear

The kids circus show is always fun for the kids and glad they do it on every ship.

The chandelier that changes colors, the “stars” in the ceiling and the lighted staircase that also changed colors were amazing and beautiful.

I loved that the sliding doors had the actual kid lock on the very top of them. Definitely made it better for those with kids instead of it being on the handle where they can reach.

I actually loved the keycard in the slot idea and pulling when you leave (of course for other reasons that what someone would normally like them for….when it’s time to go, it’s time to go…momma has control and pulls the card and the tv goes off…winning). However, it can be a nuisance if you are trying to charge things back in the room while you’re gone.

Now the not so good???

Where was washy-washy? Seriously. There wasn’t anyone around telling anyone to wash their hands going into the restaurants or buffet like there is on the other ships. They had the hand sanitizer pole at each entrance, but you all know how many people will just walk by it if not told to wash your hands. No washy-washy- happy-happy songs as you enter the buffet area or anything. The only time you would ever find someone standing around with the squirt bottle was coming back from port.

Where is the chocolate buffet? Did they stop doing them on the new ships? (Not that I eat chocolate or anything, but I do always enjoy going and getting pictures of the amazing work they do with chocolate).

Having to book shows-UGH! I just hated it. I missed just being able to walk into the theater every night at one of the 2 showings, getting a seat and seeing something new every night. On this ship, if you don’t book ahead, you don’t see the show unless you are willing to stand around waiting to see if there are seats available from no-shows and then again, you may not sit together. Not my idea of a fun night.

There were just too many venues to be able to go to them all. Even the comedy shows in the smaller rooms made it so we couldn’t go because of too many people. I guess that’s what happens when there’s so many people on such a huge ship.

Giving us 2 luggage tags…really? For 4 people in a room?

I could not believe the gift shops didn’t cater a little more to the young children, especially since this was a Nickelodeon ship and there are tons of kids on it. Just not enough choices to choose from and no stuffed animals.

Nickelodeon themed ship, but not many meet & greets like the other ships.

Salt water pools. Ugh. I swear when we were on the Epic they still used salt water for their pools (obviously), but had some type of filtration system that made it seem like it was regular water. What happened here? The water was very salty and not what I expected.

The constant water on my balcony. There should have been a drain there like there was on all of the other balconies. I’m not sure what was going on. You would also think on a hot day, it would dry up but yet there the water was all the time.

Dolce Gelato=just not worth it to me. The ice-cream was melted and I thought the ice-cream in the buffet tasted a lot better.

No drawers in the cabin…ugh, just weird to put my undies on a shelf.

Glow Party-I seriously think I like the white hot party. Maybe it was just that they didn’t play any of the normal songs that go to dances on this ship. Everything was Latin/Spanish and it was just odd. Also the H20 was just simply WAY TO SMALL to throw parties at. That many people on a ship and this small area in front of the t.v. screen was just very uncomfortable for both watching the fireworks and dancing. It just didn’t feel right for some reason. I think I have enjoyed myself more on the other ships during these themed parties.

The 80’s party for the same reason as above (but of course it wasn’t Latin/Spanish)…no room for dancing or the fireworks. I’m sorry but the “guest appearance” routine was just plain dumb and silly. Not at all entertaining (not only for me, but I could see the expressions on others faces too) although I’m sure there were probably those out there that enjoyed it. Just not my cup of tea and a waste of time.

The pool area….doesn’t have any area to dance at. What the frick? Like sail away parties pool side is what usually gets the party started with the music and dancing. There was music, but no dancing because THERE’S NO ROOM. Yuck.

I have to say that I like the Blue Lagoon better than O’Sheehans. The wings are so hot and wet at O’Sheehans that I always end up taking my towel and rolling them in it to take the sauce off. Now that the cheesecake is gone (and it’s a brownie cheesecake instead), it’s disappointing.

Casino-I really expected with such a big ship that the casino would be similar to the Epic with 2 levels. But it seemed small to me and so spread out between different rooms and sides of the ship, then several different hallways. It’s was just a little weird (although I got used to it). But, the really odd thing was they didn’t have any of the slots that are usually on all the other ships. They are usually the ones that everyone is always playing all the time. Why mess with a good thing? Also I noticed there wasn’t a restroom anywhere near the casino (unless I missed it and I did look several times). You had to walk quite a ways down the hall to find one and it seemed like they were always being cleaned when we needed them. I have always found that there’s a restroom right off to the casino on the other ships right? I mean drinking + gambling = multiple potty runs per session.

Lobster at the buffet now-although I don’t mind it being at the buffet now and helping yourself, it was just not good. They were small and still stuck to the outside and kind of rubbery. It just killed the experience.

Ordering a movie on the t.v. and when it stops playing, no way to get back to where you left off at=bummer.

FORGETTING MY LATITUDES SHIP PIN FOR THE SECOND CRUISE. Am I tagged for no pins? Lol

LeBistro area in the Atrium. I just feel like this would be such a neat place to hang out and there just wasn’t any chairs here to do so. It was only for dining there and people walking to the other side of the ship or up the stairs.

The balcony-I have to admit, I like the cove balcony better than a regular balcony. The cove is just amazing. It blocks the air, the sun beating down on you and even has a ledge to put drinks or prop your feet up around the window part. I just really enjoyed it a lot more than the regular balcony.

These balcony rooms are just crappy in my opinion. Not being able to look down and see the water was disappointing. Having to stare at the waterfronts ugly silver roof was just a put off for me. It also made for crappy pictures as well.

Having to wear an arm band all week for Sakari was not fun. She hates them and constantly begged to take it off. If you remove it, you pay $5 for it or can’t go back to the kids club. It doesn’t have any of their information on it…it just has their location to meet in case the ship sinks. ;)

The cabins hard beds. What the heck? I remember the Epic when new and the beds were AMAZING! There was so much talk on these boards about “where can I buy one of those mattresses?” Whoever they are using now should take all the beds and burn them in a bonfire when in port and start over. It was probably the hardest bed on any ship ever.

For it to be a new ship, it sure had a lot of creaking going on in the room.

The issues we had with our room cards over and over for the first 3 or so days was just ridiculous. I’m not sure just what the problem was or how hard it was to just use 1 card for 2 rooms.

La Cucina-not the greatest experience and I won’t go back. Since we didn’t have to pay for this dining, it’s a good thing. They got our (my) order wrong, didn’t come back when I ask the waitress to take a picture of us there, and avoided us most of the night. It’s definitely not a $15 meal for sure. Just some noodles with sauce thrown on it. My homemade alfredo would blow this stuff out of the water.

TOO MANY PEOPLE. It says that the ship holds 3,969 at double occupancy (I believe) and we were sailing with 4,400 people this week. YIKES. That meant there were a lot of families like ours with 4 people booked to a room which made for a very busy ship.

Last but not least….not knowing Kevin Sheehan was on board!!!! Darn ship was too big for me to run into him and get another chat and picture. The last time I seen him was on the Pearl. Such a nice guy. I guess he got on the Getaway in St Maarten and off in Nassau (I’m told). Kicking myself for not knowing and keeping an eye out for him (no I’m not a stalker). hehe

Thanks for the great review with all the pictures! Combined with your very descriptive style of writing, I could almost feel the movement of the ship just from reading it lol. It gives me ideas to do better on my future reviews :p:D. I read that you're researching the Dawn to Bermuda, and My vote goes to her all the way! We took our very first cruise on her this January for a 7 day western intimerary and we LOVED her. Very clean, and very friendly crew. Can't wait to read more of your future reviews and hope one day to be on a cruise with you! So seems like a fun family to be around :). Happy cruising!

It's sad when good reviews come to an end, I truly enjoyed it, make ya feel like you are there. Question, did any of you try out those huge water slides?? Is it 5 of them?

Also I just finished nursing school and our class all received their ATTs fast. We did our background and finger prints 1 week before school ended. They have always told us to not wait to long to take our test. Also our school paid for our HURST review and so far everyone has passed. Me next!! Good luck and keep us posted. Best wishes.

We absolutely went on the water slides. The drop one was the high light and we went on it over and over and over. It was amazing. There are 5 of them, but it actually consist of 2 drop slides, 1 open slide and 2 twisty slides. :D

Yea, most of my class turned in their papers a week before school ended. I waited until just last week. :p The first person from our class is taking their test on Friday (but she got a rush on it because her husband is in the military, so they get first priority). There's no telling when I'll get mine. But I have a lot of studying to do still. :D

Thanks for the great review with all the pictures! Combined with your very descriptive style of writing, I could almost feel the movement of the ship just from reading it lol. It gives me ideas to do better on my future reviews :p:D. I read that you're researching the Dawn to Bermuda, and My vote goes to her all the way! We took our very first cruise on her this January for a 7 day western intimerary and we LOVED her. Very clean, and very friendly crew. Can't wait to read more of your future reviews and hope one day to be on a cruise with you! So seems like a fun family to be around :). Happy cruising!

Well thank you so much for the compliments and comments. Yep, definitely researching the Dawn. I really like the layout of it since we've been on her sister the Star. I'm pretty sure it only makes sense to go on the Dawn over the Breakaway since we are sitting on port for days and will probably be off the ship most of the time. Why spend more money right? :D

Well thank you so much for the compliments and comments. Yep, definitely researching the Dawn. I really like the layout of it since we've been on her sister the Star. I'm pretty sure it only makes sense to go on the Dawn over the Breakaway since we are sitting on port for days and will probably be off the ship most of the time. Why spend more money right? :D

The main disadvantage is when the Dawn in actually in Bermuda. The ferry and bus schedules are reduced on Sunday so make sure you take that into consideration. Plus since she leaves on Friday, it may mean an extra day off work.

The main disadvantage is when the Dawn in actually in Bermuda. The ferry and bus schedules are reduced on Sunday so make sure you take that into consideration. Plus since she leaves on Friday, it may mean an extra day off work.

Thanks for the info Peg. I guess I have never actually looked at the schedule for the Dawn. I will look into the bus schedule and be sure to ask plenty of questions prior to going. :D

What a great review!! Sad to see it end.

How the heck did you do all that stuff with a broken toe? I think i broke mine last night getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. It's my pinky also and as i'm icing it right now i'm thinking..how did you walk around so much with a broken toe???? My toe is turning lovely shades of purple.

Great pictures!!! I keep looking at them waiting for our trip in September on the Getaway!

What a great review!! Sad to see it end.

How the heck did you do all that stuff with a broken toe? I think i broke mine last night getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. It's my pinky also and as i'm icing it right now i'm thinking..how did you walk around so much with a broken toe???? My toe is turning lovely shades of purple.

Great pictures!!! I keep looking at them waiting for our trip in September on the Getaway!

Thanks for the comments.

I have a high tolerance for pain and I just pushed on and wasn't going to let it spoil my fun. I broke my hand in St Maarten the LAST time I was there and still snorkeled the following day in St Thomas AND in Nassau on a sail snorkel. LOL I just refuse to let it stop me. I may be slower when it happens, but I still keep going. :D

Sorry to hear you might have broken yours. It's painful. Mine is just now starting to feel a little better and the purple is gone.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation on the Getaway. :)

A few years ago, we had a trip to Sesame Place planned. We were only staying one night. Our daughter was only about 2 1/2 at the time and we were going with another couple. Well, they day before we were going I tripped over my dog and slammed my pinky toe into a case of water. It immediately started swelling and the whole side of my foot started turning a lovely shade of purple and green. Luckily (or not), I worked for an Orthopedic Surgeon and they did an X-Ray. Well, I not only broke the toe but it actually split the bone right up the middle. They didn't even need to do the X-Ray to see it was broken. The colors and swelling was enough to know it was. What can you do for a broken pinky toe? Nothing but buddy tape it and keep it elevated. Yeah right. We were going to go spend the weekend at a water park. We had a fantastic time and I could only wear Crocs the entire time. We spent an obscene amount of time on the lazy river. :D

I can't tell you how many times I've rebroken that same toe, but it seems that once you break it, you are constantly hitting it on something or other. :p

I can tell you that almost 5 years later it is still a pain.

I am more a reader than a poster on CC but needed to tell you how much I love your reviews and pictures. Your pictures of Coki beach snorkeling brought me back to our trip there, one of my favorite places. We had not done any research on that beach and took the recommendation of the taxi driver and glad we did.

On a personal note, just wanted to say that I think you will be outstanding nurse, your positive outlook on life will take your far in life and your career. I have been hesitant to go to Bermuda as I am not sure about the multiple days in port, so will be on the look out for your future review. Best of luck on your upcoming boards. Johanna

A few years ago, we had a trip to Sesame Place planned. We were only staying one night. Our daughter was only about 2 1/2 at the time and we were going with another couple. Well, they day before we were going I tripped over my dog and slammed my pinky toe into a case of water. It immediately started swelling and the whole side of my foot started turning a lovely shade of purple and green. Luckily (or not), I worked for an Orthopedic Surgeon and they did an X-Ray. Well, I not only broke the toe but it actually split the bone right up the middle. They didn't even need to do the X-Ray to see it was broken. The colors and swelling was enough to know it was. What can you do for a broken pinky toe? Nothing but buddy tape it and keep it elevated. Yeah right. We were going to go spend the weekend at a water park. We had a fantastic time and I could only wear Crocs the entire time. We spent an obscene amount of time on the lazy river. :D

I can't tell you how many times I've rebroken that same toe, but it seems that once you break it, you are constantly hitting it on something or other. :p

I can tell you that almost 5 years later it is still a pain.

I broke my toe on a case of water too. It was a full 8 weeks until the pain went away and luckily it was May when I did it so I could wear sandals all summer. Broken toes are a pita! :D

Love your review. We are thinking about taking the getaway because we want to go back to st martaan but the idea of the larger ship doesn't thrill us. We like the jewel class ships. Your review makes Getaway seem less crowded and easy to navigate (or is that all your planning?).

Also, congrats on graduating. I just took my nclex in March and all I can say is study your select all and alternate format (put in order steps of procedures, listening to heart sounds) because the better you are doing the more of those you seem to get. My screen shut off at question 76 and I wanted to have a heart attack. Good luck!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app