Mitsugirlys graduation getaway cruise

mitsugirly

I have so enjoyed your review....hate that we are almost to the end! I am taking my 11 year old gd on Getaway on July 5th.....can't wait!

Thanks so much. You are 1 month away from boarding the beautiful Getaway. woo hoo for you and the gd. :)

So I am busy running around like a chicken with its head cut off...trying to get everything done and not enough time to do it.

We race up to the photo area to purchase my pictures. I take out my folder and grab the ones that I wanted. Then we started looking for our plank and zipline pictures. Yet, they still don't have any out since the 19th??? The guy promised us that they would be out yesterday. So we approached one of the workers who said they didn't print anymore and we would have to go on the system and look for them. :eek: Sigh

We had to look up the "event" (which I think was "sports") and then remember the day we were there and around the time. Geesh. After scrolling through tons of pictures, I finally found mine. I did find a couple of other pictures of mine that I wanted as well. I ask the clerk about it and they said that I could "place an order" and they would have to print them off and we could pick them up tomorrow. Um, we are leaving the ship tomorrow. I could only imagine the chaos it would be with the 8 of us. So, I decided I would reluctantly walk away without those pictures. Sad boo-boo face.

I found my "10" photos that I wanted to make the $129 package and approached the counter. The lines were not as bad as earlier. I guess everyone was busy doing the right thing and PACKING, like I should have been but was busy at the photo lab instead. Grrr

Here was the picture from our Nassau day.

P6050347-L.jpg

I quickly ran down to the customer service desk to get a copy of our bill. The lines weren't as long as they were earlier...thank goodness. Once again, everyone was busy doing the right thing and PACKING.

I parted ways with Courtney and pretty much ran to the room to start my mad dash packing spree.

I throwing stuff in suitcases, jamming things in places I didn't know existed or would fit, and putting them out one by one as I finished. I always find it a hard task to figure out what to pack away and what to leave out for the next day knowing that whatever I leave out, we will have to lug around with us all morning until we get our luggage. I always manage to forget something that I should have packed or always manage to forget not to pack something I need. When I'm in a hurry, it's even worse.

So I get to the second suitcase and put it out with 2 more suitcases to go. Wait, I am out of luggage tags. What the heck??? They only gave me 2 luggage tags for 4 people in the room? Did someone not go to elementary school?

So now I'm racing around trying to find something to wear that's "appropriate" to head back down to customer service. I peek outside to grab my luggage with the clean clothes in it and it's already gone. Yikes. Ok, so I guess I'm putting on some dirty-already worn clothes because that's the suitcase I still had in the room awaiting for a luggage tag.

Down to the customer service desk I went for more tags. I arrived back up to our room and continue the mad dash of packing and I thought I would be nice and instead of putting them outside of the room (since all the other luggage were completely cleared by now), I wheeled them down to where they were putting them to haul them away. (It was only about 10' away since we were right there by the elevators and the employee door was right after that). They thanked me for bringing the luggage and I scurried back to the room for last minute details.

Off to bed at 1am and the alarm set for 7am.

Here's another random picture from today of us at the picture Kiosk. I have to tell you this is the most brillant idea ever. You take the picture and pick from different "postcard sayings" and you can post it to your twitter, facebook, email it to yourself and others and so on....all live and post right away. It's awesome. They should put these on all of the fleet. We had a lot of fun with them.

I photo-bombed Courtney and Kolins pic...oops.

9ff83741-3a95-4d41-8eb8-a14ff1f301e1-L.jpg

One last picture of my beautiful new ring. I had to take a picture of it with my wedding ring. I love it so much because they really compliment each other. I swear it looks like the same ring but the "outsides" of it shaved off and then you have a mini-ring of my wedding ring. I'm so in love with it.

P6050358-M.jpg

Now I do have to tell a story about buying "rings" on the ship. Like I said before, I won the jackpot on one of the slots on the Epic and purchased the hubby and new black diamond ring. The ring now looks like §hizznit with the silver all crappy looking, several diamonds falling out. We are just really dissatisfied with it.

I have thought about purchasing another when on some of my other cruises and was told that the Epic has a different jeweler than the rest of the fleets. Well, with this being another one of the new ships, it has the same Jeweler as the Epic. We spoke in depth with the rep there and even though it's been over 2 years, she said she would call the headquarters to see if they could do anything about his ring. Well, they never did give us the certificate of authenticity, so I imagine there's nothing that can be done. That's why I made sure I got mine with this ring.

Now....since I have been home, I have noticed that the big diamond on the top is loose. It kinda rocks back and forth now. I'm really afraid that it's going to fall out. :( The hubby and I had discussed this in detail prior to buying it because it sits so high up and only has 2 prongs holding it in. There's a huge hole when you look at the side of it and it just looks like it would be easy to pop out. Now my worse fears are coming true and it's loose. When I look at my wedding band, the diamond on the top has 6 prongs holding that bad-boy in and it's not going anywhere. I have hit that ring on so many things and caught it on things and it has never moved or lost any of the diamonds in it and it not only has the big diamond on the top and the baguettes, but also diamonds around the entire outside. I'm at a loss on what to do. Do I wait until it falls out and send it in to them for repair? Do I send it in now? I just don't know. I just know that I would be really upset not to have it on my finger for awhile. I also know that I probably won't be buying any more jewelry from another jeweler on a ship!

I have had my engagement ring 28 years. Our 27th wedding anniversary is tomorrow! As per Joan Rivers (and I think the old Oprah show), I check the center stone all the time. A few years back, I finally noticed that the center stone was loose. I took it to my local mall and one of the jewelry stores repaired the prongs. It was not that expensive. I believe it was just $20. They do something to reinforce/repair the tips.:) I have really enjoyed your review. Thanks for doing this!

I would just take the ring to your local dealer. It most likely would be an easy fix for them without you having to worry about sending it to NCL then NCL sending it back to you.

True. I really would hate to take the time to wait to send it off and then receive it back. :(

I have had my engagement ring 28 years. Our 27th wedding anniversary is tomorrow! As per Joan Rivers (and I think the old Oprah show), I check the center stone all the time. A few years back, I finally noticed that the center stone was loose. I took it to my local mall and one of the jewelry stores repaired the prongs. It was not that expensive. I believe it was just $20. They do something to reinforce/repair the tips.:) I have really enjoyed your review. Thanks for doing this!

Hopefully it's an easy fix. I don't think anything is wrong with the prongs. The problem is that there's not enough :eek: to hold that diamond up there stable. :D I can see this continuing to happen over and over with one day probably looking down and seeing a diamond missing. :(

Moderno Churrascaria, which is also another steakhouse is located on the opposite side. Again, not my kind of place, so we have never tried it.

P5180210-L.jpg

They also had the option to eat outside on the Waterfront.

P5220037-L.jpg

P5220038-L.jpg

Located outside on the Waterfront is Dolce Gelato which offers Italian-style ice cream. We did try this place out and it will be in my review later.

After snapping this picture as we walked by, the lady yelled "Hey, why didn't you tell us you were taking a picture? We would have waved." LOL My thoughts (which I didn't say out loud) was that I would rather have a picture without anyone in it, maybe you can duck real quick? hehe

IMG_0016-L.jpg

You know... I was just thinking that there never seems to be any people in your pictures! Well, except for your family! ;) But... lol now, I think I know why! At least she was being friendly. Not like the store keepers and Subway people later in the review at Maho Beach.

Sara

Ok continuing to the end.

We woke up at 7am, quick shower, last minute look around the round and a phone call to Kendra's room to make sure they were up.

We headed out, saying goodbye to our home for the week, then slowly shut the door and sighed.

Off to the buffet for our last breakfast and my last round of waffles with the yummy sugary whipped topping. :D

The kids met us up there as we discussed how to become stowaways.

Our yellow lug tags said we could get off at 8:10am and they always seem to call the colors way before it's actually time. We just played it by ear and walked off once we were done eating and gathering all of our carry-off luggage.

There was a line that circled around the atrium around O'Sheehans. It was moving quickly. We did loose Kendra and the rest of the kids because they stopped for something along the way. So, that put us way ahead of them in the check out and security line. Moments before walking up to security I discovered that I had Kolin's birth certificate. :eek: He would not be able to leave without it. Yikes. So when it was our turn, I told them that my son was back further in line and I had his bc. He told the hubby and Sakari to go ahead out to wait on me and told me to go back in line with him and keep my papers and come back to his line when it was Kolin's turn. Whew. I'm so glad that I discovered that before we walked out and headed out of the terminal.

As soon as we headed out our transportation service was calling to see if we had made it out. (Actually, he called several times that morning before we were even ready to leave). He was waiting for us outside and immediately put us in the van and away we went to the airport.

Checked in to the airport and NO MISSED FLIGHTS!!!

HOWEVER.....

When we were on the ship, I tried to check us all in for our flights. For some reason, I was unable to check in myself and Brayden. Everyone else was checked in, but they were at the very end of the line for seats.

When we got to the counter and the Southwest staff checked us in, not only was most of the family some of the last to board, but now all of a sudden me and Kolin are not assigned seats and are on "stand-by" :confused:

The family went aboard and Kolin and I are left just standing there waiting for everyone to get done for them to tell us it was our turn.

LAST IN LINE.... :p

Don't we look happy? LOL

IMG_0522-S.jpg

Hey, at least we were on the flight and it was a non-stop flight. None of us got to sit together and not even the little ones. I guess there wasn't anyone willing to give us their seats for "family". But, Sakari did get to sit across the isle from daddy and Brayden was across the isle from Kendra. Everyone else was all spread out and I ended up in the 2nd to last seat in the back. Go me! Last one on the plane and I would be the last one off the plane.

The flight home was 2 hours and 45 minutes and boy was I glad that it was a straight flight. I was completely worn out and just wanted to get back to my home sweet home that I had just moved too.

So finally....the end of the review.

I do have some final thoughts of the ship, the ports and just in general...and then where I go from here....coming up. I will need to gather my thoughts and get this in order. There's always something that I forget during the review and usually this can be an opportunity to bring them up if needed.

I want to thank everyone for coming along with me and enjoying my review. I really appreciate it. :)

You know... I was just thinking that there never seems to be any people in your pictures! Well, except for your family! ;) But... lol now, I think I know why! At least she was being friendly. Not like the store keepers and Subway people later in the review at Maho Beach.

Sara

Lol, what's your conclusion? Please share. :D

Can you please tell me where you got Sakari's swim vest? Is it a Puddle Jumper? If so, it looks like it has a strap on the back. I've looked online and that is the most common complaint - no straps. They said that kind falls off the arms.

I have a 4 yr old who is quite small for her age. Do you have an opinion on if it can be adjusted to her 'width'? Someone said they have them at Target. I think I'm going to get one.

THANKS!!

Thanks for the review. For some strange reason I also took very few photos. That was such a fast 7 days and there was so much to see and do. It's been nice to see some of the things we missed. Looks like y'all were sitting at the table behind us in the Illusionarium. We were at the Sunset Bar at Maho and your view looks so much better from that end of the beach than ours did. The beach was really, really crowded on our end.

I know you were on a sailing before with Kevin Sheehan. I'm curious if you saw him on our sailing. I don't think I would know him if I ran into him. I'm so graceful, I may have. :rolleyes:

I met a girl that said her husband was a HUGE fan of Undercover Boss and thought he recognized him so he went up and asked him. Yep, that was him. She said they had a really nice visit. This was the couples first NCL cruise. One of the crew on the ship did verify that he was on our sailing and got off in Nassau.

Thanks again for the time you've spent on this review. Happy cruising!

Pat

I love reading your reviews. In March we went to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel based on your pictures and review of it in one of your other cruises. We loved it too.

We're going on your Getaway cruise next March and I'm looking forward to trying some of your port visits.

Thanks for all the information. You have a wonderful family and that little girl of your is very photogenic. I admire your "Zen" attitude.

Judy

Another fantastic review by you! Thanks again for sharing with us. I appreciate your review of the Bahamas. It's not one of my favorite places to visit but now after your review of Blue Lagoon I may consider a cruise that stops there.

I'm glad that your trip home was "uneventful" lol.

Glaring lady=lady in every picture I took of the chef. Can you not see some of the glares?

Lol, I love that saying (I'm from Alabama and the family uses it all the time) and it was a big joke at school because we had a teacher and she THE nicest, most proper, polite, caring, true traditional nurse you would ever come across. She was so afraid of ever displeasing anyone. I heard the "Bless your heart" come out of her several times and we just joked about it because we KNEW she didn't mean it that way, but was still funny. I think I need to start using it more. :p

Not really, if you mean the lady with the glasses, because of the "glare" (pardon the pun) on her glasses...

Love everything you had to say

My husband and I will be on the Getaway 12/13/14

I hope we have as much fun as you and your family on the ship and ports

Maria

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app maria

2003 S/S Norway

2003 Majesty

2005 Dawn

2007 Pearl

2008 Pearl

2008 Dream

2009 Sky

2009 Sky

2010 Gem

2011 Dawn

2012 Gem

2013 Jewel

2013 Dawn

I absolutely LOVE the ED, but there is a lot of drama there between the nurses and even the management. There is a huge turn around because of it. There's a lot of snotty nurses that if they don't like you, they will do anything to set you up for failure, not help you out, or try to (and most of the time successfully) get you fired. Then we have charge nurses getting fired for stealing dilaudid to feed their habit. It's just a mess.

Kim-

I sit on some webinars with nurses from around the world. There are a lot of things that we don't have in common....but the one thing that every nurse in every country on the webinars say happens is "Nurses eat their young"! It's unfortunate that a career that depends on compassion toward patients has some caregivers who are unable to show that same compassion to the novice nurses who have a brand new license and are expected to do all patient care on their own with most only having the experiences from their clinical rotations!

All I'm saying my sister-nurse is this: don't let those any old OJR (on the job retired) nurses let their nasty, burnt-out attitudes bother you! Kill 'em with kindness....keep smiling...and pray that they retire before you inject them with a little K+!! :rolleyes: Take it upon yourself to find a mentor -and it's pretty to do so - who you can talk with honestly. Get everything off your chest before it drives you nuts. The first year is really and truly the hardest.....you WILL make it through it! :cool:

I am a cursing newbie with only one under my belt and my first NCL cruise coming up in October will be number two. We are actually sailing on the Gem. I originally started looking at your review because we are stopping at some of the same ports....I became totally engrossed. Such wonderful comments, thorough and witty and really able to draw the reader in and wonderful photography. I felt like I was along on a wonderful adventure. You have a great attitude and a fun family. Thank you so much for sharing yourself, your loved ones and your wonderful vacation with all of us!!

Can you please tell me where you got Sakari's swim vest? Is it a Puddle Jumper? If so, it looks like it has a strap on the back. I've looked online and that is the most common complaint - no straps. They said that kind falls off the arms.

I have a 4 yr old who is quite small for her age. Do you have an opinion on if it can be adjusted to her 'width'? Someone said they have them at Target. I think I'm going to get one.

THANKS!!

Yes, it is a puddle jumper. I actually did get it at Target and they are less than $20. They come in a variety of colors and prints and even some have a face on it that pops out (my grandson's is a green frog I think). They are WONDERFUL!!! There's no way to tip or anything like with a life vest. I had so many problems with her flipping until I found the puddle jumper.

Yes, it has a strap on the back. You can adjust the strap as well. It simply clicks in. I'm trying to find pictures of them with it from the back.

IMG_0259-L.jpg

P5130217-L.jpg

IMG_1153-L.jpg

Wow, I found it really hard to find pictures with her having it on and from the back. LOL She absolutely refuses to wear it most of the time since she learn to swim 2 years ago. It's a constant struggle to get her to wear it. :)

Love your reviews! They make me so excited for our cruise in December. :)

Thanks so much. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. :)

Really enjoyed your review. Looking forward to your next adventure.

Thanks so much. Next adventure coming up in 5 months and 3 days. :D

Thanks for the review. For some strange reason I also took very few photos. That was such a fast 7 days and there was so much to see and do. It's been nice to see some of the things we missed. Looks like y'all were sitting at the table behind us in the Illusionarium. We were at the Sunset Bar at Maho and your view looks so much better from that end of the beach than ours did. The beach was really, really crowded on our end.

I know you were on a sailing before with Kevin Sheehan. I'm curious if you saw him on our sailing. I don't think I would know him if I ran into him. I'm so graceful, I may have. :rolleyes:

I met a girl that said her husband was a HUGE fan of Undercover Boss and thought he recognized him so he went up and asked him. Yep, that was him. She said they had a really nice visit. This was the couples first NCL cruise. One of the crew on the ship did verify that he was on our sailing and got off in Nassau.

Thanks again for the time you've spent on this review. Happy cruising!

Pat

We were behind you in the Illusionarium? Did you have the cute little blonde girl at your table? Wasn't that an awesome show? Sakari loved it and was amazed.

I was telling my husband when we were on the cruise just how quickly it was passing. I swear it was quicker than any other cruise. Usually, I feel like the first few days pass by slowly. Then once you hit the 4th or 5th day it flies. This entire cruise felt that way for some reason. I was just so "off" this time around.

You liked our view from Maho? I honestly thought the view from Sunset was better last time around. I don't know. I think I got better pictures from the other side. :( Although it was not crowded at all over on our side and we had chairs for free. :D

I AM SO BUMMED NOW!!! SERIOUSLY??? KEVIN WAS ON THE SHIP? Ugh. I'm so upset now. Yes, I would DEFINITELY know him if I seen him. I found him on our Pearl cruise and immediately knew it was him. He was wondering around the ship like any other cruiser in shorts and a tee and sandals. Yes, I got to talk to him last time and get my picture taken with him. It was the highlight of my cruise. :D