PacSafe question

magandab

I am considering buying a PacSafe bag for my upcoming cruise and beyond. It's a crossbody bag, with the thin stainless cable running inside the strap. The question: Will I feel that cable when wearing the bag. My neck and shoulders touchy about weight due to some injuries and I don't want to be in pain! thanks

I have a large Pac Safe purse (which I can wear across my body or on my shoulder), a smaller Pac Safe shoulder bag (I think it's the Metro Bag), and a large Pac Safe camera bag. No problem with feeling any cables. They are great bags.

[This is my first ever post in the "Cruise Fashion and Beauty" forum. I'd never been here before, but happened to see a Pac Safe thread on the most recent posts list. LOL]

Edited by Turtles06

I will add that not only do I feel the cable or any weight when I use my pacsafe citysafe 200 that the edges of the nylon strap are covered so it never chafes me the way my ebags Piazza does. (though, thanks to this forum, I bought timbuk2 strap covers and it's no problem now!)

Another PS - I bought the bag because of its size & organization and it was on sale and a great price - I didn't buy it for the cables.

I have the larger one which I found too heavy for me as I have a pinched nerve in my upper back. I did not use in Europe as planned. I used a light tote bag for my miscellaneous stuff and a wristlet and bra safe. Maybe a smaller one would be better if you have a back injury.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a large Pac Safe purse (which I can wear across my body or on my shoulder), a smaller Pac Safe shoulder bag (I think it's the Metro Bag), and a large Pac Safe camera bag. No problem with feeling any cables. They are great bags.

[This is my first ever post in the "Cruise Fashion and Beauty" forum. I'd never been here before, but happened to see a Pac Safe thread on the most recent posts list. LOL]

Welcome to the Fashion Forum. It's so much fun here. There are so many helpful people and so many excellent tips and ideas.

To the OP, the key is to not over pack your bag. Keep it as light as possible so that it doesn't sit too heavily on your shoulder.:D

my pac safe to be good, but I did find the whole strap a little heavy.

I was able to pare down a list of must haves to stash in the bag when on shore in the Med....but one thing I folded and stuffed on the bottom of the bag- a drawstring lightweight backpack bag.

It kept any purchases confined and easier to carry...

We had gotten a Columbia bag my husband carried and it had a mesh side compartment, so he carried our drink bottle.

Bernadette

I have an older Pacsafe metro bag. Its big enough for a bottle of water, folded maps, puny wallet and my coin purse. Maybe 8"x6". It's been to Rome several times.

As a family we have about 10 Pacsafe products- bags, totes, backpack wallet, travel safes. Only had a problem with one of them. DD used her Tote so much one of the wires poked thru the strap (like an annoying underwire). It was at a 'folding point'.

Test out the bag first. I've seen some at Sport Chalet and REI. EBags and Zappos have very easy return policies.

Edited by SadieN

I just used my new PacSafe neck purse for the first time on a long trip. I loved it. I got the light grey with covered titanium cord. I wore it cross-body or around the neck under my tops. It was much lighter than the Samsonite that I used for years. I think the reason it was so much more comfortable is the cord is stiffer, so it actually held the weight of the little purse, rather than having it hang around my neck.

Also, the cord was more of a circular shape, so it hid better underneath the tops I wore. You couldn't see the cord at all.

Wearing it cross-body I literally didn't feel it.

Edited by pcur