Bunk w/ bestie or ride solo?

Happy to be posting after finally booking out Fascination Nov 3rd cruise!

I will be traveling with my BFF and her hubby and 2 other couples. My hubby REFUSES to cruise (honestly he would be miserable anyway). It's costing less than $300 to add me as a 3rd person in BFF's room. About double that to book my own room. My BFF is insisting that it won't be a problem, but I don't want to intrude on their privacy (not to mention my own) and am considering sucking up the price difference to have a solo cabin. My question is, would Carnival take the $50 deposit I already paid and apply it to my own room or would they charge a change fee and would the change affect my BFF's rate? I don't want them inconvenienced in any way.

Either way I am looking forward to a much needed vacation and time spent with a long distance friend. Just want to make sure we are all comfortable.

Thanks for any info!

I dont know the answer to your question about the deposit, but I know that for me, I could not possibly bunk in with a couple. Only way I could share a cabin is with a spouse or my mother, but then again I am very needy when it comes to space:) If at all possible I would cough up the extra and go for my own cabin.

Hopefully someone will advise you about the deposit. Hope it works out.

As a general rule, if it will generate extra revenue for Carnival, they'll allow it. They should allow you to split and make a new reservation, but the only way to find out is to call them. Some of the special rates do have some silly restrictions, and it seems as if you have one of those since you paid a reduced deposit. And if they tell you that you cant do it, I'd eat up the $50 and still get my own room.

By the way, great choice getting your own room. One of the quickest ways to go from BFF to former BFF is to bunk up in 185 sq ft of space for the sake of saving a couple hundred dollars.

One thing to consider.... If the ship has a serenity deck, the clam shells are perfect for sleeping outside. I have seen plenty of people do it, mostly because of snoring partners. I would not want to make it my personal bedroom, but it would be a nice way to give the couple privacy. Just a thought.

One thing to consider.... If the ship has a serenity deck, the clam shells are perfect for sleeping outside. I have seen plenty of people do it, mostly because of snoring partners. I would not want to make it my personal bedroom, but it would be a nice way to give the couple privacy. Just a thought.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Your sarcasm is not wasted here and It certainly wasn't my idea to share a room with friends. I think it was her trickery to convince me to come. She knows now that I have flights booked and a deposit down that I won't back out. I've got nothing against clams and may sure decide to have a sleep over with them even if I get my own room ;-)

My main concern was the charges or inconvenience that would come to adding a room to the reservation. We booked on a whim last night but I am now thinking that despite her generosity, BFF deserves alone time with her hubby and I will surely need my own space too.

But thanks for the giggle!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your sarcasm is not wasted here

Believe it or not, I actually think that wasn't sarcasm, but a legitimate suggestion! :eek:

You see that kind of comment here often (sleep in the Serenity area, shower at the gym, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Don't know about the deposit either but if you are in a money saving mode give the UPPER-LOWERS a look. We know a few singles that don't book anything else when traveling alone. Much cheaper & having looked at them I could do it with no problem.

I don't think I could cruise with another couple, it is bad enough with just the ol'man & I. LOL Every time I get up to do something it seems like he has something that just can't wait & that cabin gets smaller when two are walking around each other.

Char

I will be traveling with my BFF and her hubby and 2 other couples. My hubby REFUSES to cruise (honestly he would be miserable anyway). It's costing less than $300 to add me as a 3rd person in BFF's room. About double that to book my own room. My BFF is insisting that it won't be a problem, but I don't want to intrude on their privacy (not to mention my own) and am considering sucking up the price difference to have a solo cabin. My question is, would Carnival take the $50 deposit I already paid and apply it to my own room or would they charge a change fee and would the change affect my BFF's rate? I don't want them inconvenienced in any way.

Either way I am looking forward to a much needed vacation and time spent with a long distance friend. Just want to make sure we are all comfortable.

Thanks for any info!

In terms of whether it would inconvenience them or not, it depends on how much they were charging you. Was the cabin price split by 3? If you cancel, they end up paying more. I would leave it as is right now and hope for a single supplement sale later on. If you booked $50 deposit, you probably have until Oct 3 for final payment right? You may lose your $50 deposit by canceling from their room, but rebooking on the same sailing, they may waive it.

The 1A's are usually only about $20-30 cheaper than an inside. Can't find a single no supplement list that far out.

I'd get my own inside and everyone enjoys the cruise, no one worries about intruding.

Bite the bullet, book solo in a 1A. You won't regret it. Later, a sale with reduced supplement might show up, hopefully before final payment to reduce your bill. But also, other cabins may go on sale at a 1A price or even lower, so you can upgrade.

First, sometimes people offer an idea but upon reflection, they release it was not a good idea. 1) Did your BFF discuss this with her husband??? How does he feel about that. 2) These cabins are so small unless you are in a $5,000 cabin, I need more room with me and my husband much less having another person. 3) You have time to plan, take your lunch, by less things at the store do what you have to do to financially prepare your funds but my suggestion is GET YOUR OWN CABIN. You will want a break from them and they will want a break from you. NO joke but I sometimes need a break from my husband on the cruise and go to the spa or something...please I'm begging you get your own cabin.

First, sometimes people offer an idea but upon reflection, they release it was not a good idea. 1) Did your BFF discuss this with her husband??? How does he feel about that. 2) These cabins are so small unless you are in a $5,000 cabin, I need more room with me and my husband much less having another person. 3) You have time to plan, take your lunch, by less things at the store do what you have to do to financially prepare your funds but my suggestion is GET YOUR OWN CABIN. You will want a break from them and they will want a break from you. NO joke but I sometimes need a break from my husband on the cruise and go to the spa or something...please I'm begging you get your own cabin.

I've been a cabin share, but we already proved out compatible. We met a very upset middle aged woman while on Lido. It turned out she was sharing with her BFF, but once on the cruise, her friend ruled the cabin. She saw another side of her friend, one that wasn't visible. Like use of the T.V., lights on or off, is one a light sleeper and expects quiet etc. Get your own cabin, don't be joined at the hip, remain friends.

I have travelled for a month with my BFF and her husband on car trips both in the U.S. and in Europe. I find no problem. We have less a chance of 'getting away' from each other in the car all day and sharing a hotel room at night.

Its NOT a big deal, and we all had a great time, and yes, we are still talking to each other. :D

If you are concerned about money, I'd stick with your original arrangement because on a ship you have the whole ship to go off and do your own thing. You're not joined at the hip, and there are places and activities that don't require you to have a 'partner'.

Spoke to BFF today about my hesitation. The extra money wouldn't be an issue, although I am a thrifty person by nature. Her hubby insists that I don't get my own room. They are afraid I am making this decision only to accommodate their privacy. We live 1000 miles apart and see each other once every 2-3 years. I think I have decided to go ahead with my own room. Now that my kids are off my hip I've grown to really enjoy some alone time and would enjoy it on the cruise as well. My fingers are crossed to snag a deal on solo supplement waiver closer to departure, but if not I'll still be getting a good deal since I was able to snag free airfare (gotta love credit card miles!). Ultimately I would love to have hubby come along since I will be amongst other couples, but his heels are dug in, so I will use this trip as a very long overdue gift to myself.

Thanks for all the helpful insight and advice. I expect I'll be checking back regularly for more thoughts as our trip nears.

There's no way I'd feel comfortable rooming with a married couple, not even if they were family. I know you'll be glad to have your own space, especially your own bathroom. Hope you can get this worked out. Have a fantastic cruise!

Thanks for any info!

Book you own cabin with the 50 es sale now and then hope the supplement goes away that is what I did.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Spoke to BFF today about my hesitation. The extra money wouldn't be an issue, although I am a thrifty person by nature. Her hubby insists that I don't get my own room. They are afraid I am making this decision only to accommodate their privacy. We live 1000 miles apart and see each other once every 2-3 years. I think I have decided to go ahead with my own room. Now that my kids are off my hip I've grown to really enjoy some alone time and would enjoy it on the cruise as well. My fingers are crossed to snag a deal on solo supplement waiver closer to departure, but if not I'll still be getting a good deal since I was able to snag free airfare (gotta love credit card miles!). Ultimately I would love to have hubby come along since I will be amongst other couples, but his heels are dug in, so I will use this trip as a very long overdue gift to myself.

Thanks for all the helpful insight and advice. I expect I'll be checking back regularly for more thoughts as our trip nears.

I think you made a wise decision. You can be with them and still have options to preserve your own wants.

I have roomed with other couples twice and it all worked out great, but having your own room is awesome! If I could have afforded to have my own room at the time, I would have done that!