Oasis: Did I get a good deal?

So I just booked a cruise for next October 2015 with a TA for the Oasis. We got an interior room with a window overlooking Central Park. Our total came to $1700, this doesn't include gratuities. We also got $100 OBC. Since this is our first cruise I have nothing to compare it too. This was with the BOGOHO sale. Is this a good deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I just booked a cruise for next October 2015 with a TA for the Oasis. We got an interior room with a window overlooking Central Park. Our total came to $1700, this doesn't include gratuities. We also got $100 OBC. Since this is our first cruise I have nothing to compare it too. This was with the BOGOHO sale. Is this a good deal?

It is a good deal based on historical pricing. Please keep in mind you can watch the website for a reduction that may allow you to upgrade to a balcony.

This sounds decent to me. Our Feb Allure Cruise (Oasis was about $100pp cheaper than Allure at the time) for Central Park "CV" cabin on Deck 9 overlooking Giovanni's was $1129/pp + $120 Govt Fees & Taxes/pp.

This included small amount of OBC, champagne, one soda card and Specialty restaurant Dinner for 2.

ken

Edited by Ken076

If you think you got a good deal, it's a good deal. Maybe someone paid less than you, but if you're happy, that's what counts. Don't worry over a few dollars. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I am going on Oasis on June 28. I started in an inside cabin for about 2200.00 for 2 people. Then the price dropped and I was at 1874.00 with a 250.00 dollar on board credit (150.00 from TA and 100.00 from Royal). Now just yesterday there was a price drop on d5 balcony. I added 157.00 per person and now I have a balcony, total price is 2188.00. I am very happy to be in a balcony for a good price. If I was you I would use a monitoring web site and you will better an already good price.

We got an interior room with a window overlooking Central Park. Our total came to $1700, this doesn't include gratuities. We also got $100 OBC.

Not exactly sure what you mean - true 'interior' rooms usually do not have windows; if you have a cabin with either a window or a balcony overlooking Central Park, do believe this is a good deal, especially for Oasis class ships. There are, however, interior rooms with windows overlooking the Promenade (an area inside the ship and not open to the sky).

Personally, I love looking at the ocean and would book a Boardwalk cabin, preferably near the aft (rear) to see all the activities on the boardwalk, OceanAria, and look at the ocean's wake - if the pricing is similar/close.

Central Park - fully enclosed park like area with cabins directly across looking at each other or down on the Park and the various dining ventures.

Boardwalk - The 'circus' atmosphere with the carousel, water venue (OceanAria), and the aft (back) of the ship open to water views. Cabins are also directly across from each other. If pricing is similar, this would be my choice if I couldn't afford a side cabin balcony with an ocean view.

If I can get us on a cruise for under/near $100 (each) a night; I like that price. Have I paid more? Yes, usually due to special circumstances. Have I paid for an inside (no window) cabin? Yes.

Will you see the sea from your cabin? No. However, you will enjoy the greenery and the parade of folks walking through the park - just beware, you will be able to be seen from the cabins across the park so do use curtains.

A suggestion - go ahead and have your travel agent add the gratuities at final payment. Why? For new cruisers, that $10.50 (plus, minus) x 2 x 7 nights ($150) charge on your final invoice might affect your enjoyment of the cruise if you are watching a budget. It is nice to have the tips prepaid, thus any charges are for ship purchases, drinks, etc.

For an October cruise I think very close to the time the prices are going to drop significantly and you will be able to upgrade to a balcony for that price or close to it from past experience. I would watch the prices closely.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Keep an eye out for price droppings. At this point, we paid 1,900 for our Nov 1st sailing on the Oasis. This is for a balcony cabin. It was a little higher, but saw the price dropped and got the lower price. We also have a 100 obc.

So keep your eyes peeled!

Definitely look for price drops. I am going on the Oasis August 16th of this year. Started off with a price of $2369.14 including insurance then yesterday I checked and the price dropped. I called and got a refund of $526 so now I'm down to $1843.14.

Its all in the timing I guess and supply versus demand. I do not consider tha a good deal at all contrary to what others have said. We are booked for August 2015 in a CV with balcony and paid $1449.00 for 2 people taxes and fees included. We also got $150 OBC and dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant.

Hopefully prices will come back down and you can benefit. I just checked and our cruise for the same room type is now over $2000 for 2 people.

Thank you. I will watch for an upgrade. I would love a balcony room but booked what we would be happy with.

sounds like a good price to me . We got a B1 on Oasis for this November for $1650 which we booked back in January during the last WOW sale.

Our cabin has done nothing but go up since we booked and has sold out about 2 months ago.

B2's are around $1300 now but ya never know so keep checking as each sailing is different.

Bill