In need of some creative ideas!

bluejay555

OK, so both my girls have a loose tooth. They have both said they are waiting until we're on our cruise to pull them (and as wiggly as they are, I think this is gonna happen). They think the tooth fairy is going to do something super special since we will be at sea. What the heck should the tooth fairy do??? Gotta prepare and have something packed...

*and this is all my fault. I told them a story about how when I was a kid, I lost a tooth while vacationing in Florida, but was afraid the tooth fairy wouldn't be able to find me. Well the next morning, I woke up to find a quarter under my pillow along with a beautiful sea shell, which was the tooth fairy's way of telling me that she knew all along that I was at the beach. A sea shell would be a good idea for my kids too I suppose, but not sure where I'm gonna get my hands on two sea shells here in Missouri lol

Ideas please! Tooth-shaped towel animal?? ;)

A sea shell would be a good idea for my kids too I suppose, but not sure where I'm gonna get my hands on two sea shells here in Missouri lol

I'm sure you can find something the fun shops on board. You didn't say what ship you are on but some ships have Cherry on the Top so lots of candy options there.

OK, so both my girls have a loose tooth. They have both said they are waiting until we're on our cruise to pull them (and as wiggly as they are, I think this is gonna happen). They think the tooth fairy is going to do something super special since we will be at sea. What the heck should the tooth fairy do??? Gotta prepare and have something packed...

*and this is all my fault. I told them a story about how when I was a kid, I lost a tooth while vacationing in Florida, but was afraid the tooth fairy wouldn't be able to find me. Well the next morning, I woke up to find a quarter under my pillow along with a beautiful sea shell, which was the tooth fairy's way of telling me that she knew all along that I was at the beach. A sea shell would be a good idea for my kids too I suppose, but not sure where I'm gonna get my hands on two sea shells here in Missouri lol

Not sure where you live in MO (I'm from Lee's Summit) but there is a store called K*******s that sells lovely beach type items at a discount. It is a home decore store at several KC metro areas! Good luck!!

My youngest DD lost her tooth on our cruise and we were prepared! I always put her tooth in a little plastic container then it went under the pillow, a couple of hours of sleep for DD and we did the ol switcheroo and a gold Sacajewea coin replaced her tooth in the container. this gold coin was "tooth fairy money" and couldn't be spent so Daddy exchanged it with her for $5. DD proudly went and spent it.

How did it get up to five bucks a tooth, I'll never know ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Well I've heard of the Carnival upsell fairy, but not the Carnival tooth fairy!! LOL!!

Make a simple cruise-themed tooth pouch prior to your cruise (one for each girl). Place the money in the pouch under their pillows. It would be really cool if you could get some Jamaican coins at your first port of call to put in the pouch with some American money. One U.S. dollar equals about 111 Jamaican dollars. They'd think they're rich!

Pouches look like this; you could do a cruise theme on yours easily with a little Elmer's glue and some fabric cut-outs:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquirrelNap?section_id=12549694

http://www.boj.org.jm/currency/currency_coins.php

I can't really help you but I had to tell DD's cruise tooth fairy story. She lost her front tooth while we were on our Disney Cruise. We made a big thing out Tinker Bell being the Tooth Fairy on Disney Cruises. She received a Tinker Bell pin for her front tooth. An idea for you might be shell necklaces from the ship store...

See if Fun Ship Freddy can pop by and make the exchange while they sleep. If they wake up during the swap it will be real special! :)

I'm sure you'll come up with something creative. Good luck and enjoy the cruise.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I agree, craft stores like Michael's and fabric stores like Joann's should have shells...also WalMart should have them in their craft section. It would be cute if you could get one of those small, plain ,wooden boxes that they sell at craft stores and glue some shells on top. Then you could put the money inside the box. :D

How about buying them a little shell necklace or bracelet and put them in a pouch if they are little jewelry girls.. Hope to see two little toothless grins on the ship this weekend.:D

Thanks!!!:D. This is good stuff!

There's a craft store nearby...I didn't even think about that! See I knew you all would have some great ideas! Maybe I will even get my hands on some seashell necklaces and boxes to put them on.

See if Fun Ship Freddy can pop by and make the exchange while they sleep. If they wake up during the swap it will be real special! :)

I'm sure you'll come up with something creative. Good luck and enjoy the cruise.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I don't know about that. If he's anything like Dwayne (the Rock) Johnson's character in "The Tooth Fairy", I'd pass on that.:D

The%20Tooth%20Fairy%20movie%20image%20Dwayne%20Johnson%20(3).jpg

I think Granny1's idea of a seashell bracelet or necklace is a great idea!

Edited by beachbum53

My dollar store has seashell type stuff, or at least tropical items that may work out better. Also most of the big craft stores have sea shells. Stores like Mich**ls or Hob*y Lob*y. You may even find something appropriate at the dollor spot at lots of stores. I hope they don't lose the teeth first.

You all are awesome! Thank you so much for all the ideas! I love the arcade idea, too. They'd be thrilled with that. And as for the teeth hanging on for 5 more days.... it's touch and go. My 7yr old's is hanging by a wing and a prayer lol I keep telling her she better quit wiggling it if she wants this to happen!