Golden or Diamond??

silkismom

Golden or Diamond for Australia/New Zealand?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Golden or Diamond for Australia/New Zealand?

• window suite or
    • mini-suite w/balcony

Trying to decide, which would be better for Australia/New Zealand Dec 2015? A window suite on the Golden MEL-MEL or mini-suite on the Diamond AKL-AKL. We have spent time in SYD before so that isn't a factor. This is for a BIG anniversary! Not sure how much time would be spent on a balcony.

Trying to decide, which would be better for Australia/New Zealand Dec 2015? A window suite on the Golden MEL-MEL or mini-suite on the Diamond AKL-AKL. We have spent time in SYD before so that isn't a factor. This is for a BIG anniversary! Not sure how much time would be spent on a balcony.
I would choose the WS on the Golden hands down! As it is a BIG anniversary, you should travel in style with all of the suite perks like breakfast in Sabatini's, free laundry and all the rest. We have sailed in WS twice to Alaska and Mexico. You have great views from the windows and you have so much more space and a luxurious bathroom. The location is so convenient. We have a WS booked on the Golden for a 17 day Santiago to LA cruise :) before we lose her to you folks down under :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

I agree on the suite perks that would come with a Window suite on Golden Princess. I happen to like Diamond Princess better because of it's wider Promenade and more open feel; but I have not seen it since the modifications for the Asian market--it may not still be my favorite.

I would also prefer the WS to enjoy all the benefits of a suite even without a balcony. While it's less convenient to have go elsewhere on the ship to go outside I'd still definitely prefer to have a larger room with the additional benefits of a WS cabin. On my cruises we spend much more time inside our cabin than on a balcony. Sometimes the weather on the balcony is too hot & sometimes it's too cold however in our cabin the temperature is always just right. ;)

The recent changes to the Diamond may be good however to me she's now designed more towards the Asian market.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I'm a big fan of window suites, too. We have our second one booked for next spring on the Golden. And just in general I love the Golden. The window suites are in the perfect location. They're down a very quiet hallway all by themselves. The suite benefits are amazing. They're even roomier than a penthouse suite and have more storage. I can't wait to sail in one again.