NCL Star Panama Canal Transit - Video

calex

This weekend I stumbled onto this time-lapsed video of the NCL Star transiting the Panama Canal last November. Kind of a neat video going East from the Pacific Ocean:

For some it might bring back fond memories. For others, it might plant a seed for a future cruise.

Just thought some of you might get a kick out of it...

This weekend I stumbled onto this time-lapsed video of the NCL Star transiting the Panama Canal last November. Kind of a neat video going East from the Pacific Ocean:

For some it might bring back fond memories. For others, it might plant a seed for a future cruise.

Just thought some of you might get a kick out of it...

thank you, great memories.

We were on Star and went through the Panama Canal in April 2014, quite an amazing experience, loved every second.

John

I wonder what time of year is best to do it since I understand that it gets quite hot and humid... maybe in the winter months?

Really can't wait until we can book this cruise, it looks so amazing.

The temperature is pretty constant throughout the year... rain appears heavier later in the year. The Atlantic hurricane season is another thing to consider and it usually peaks in the August/September time frame. I would watch the prices especially during the big wave sale in January. We booked an OK category cabin during the Wave sale for $750 each and it hit $1300 when it sold out in March for a November cruise on the Star.

weather_Panama.JPG?attachauth=ANoY7cq2DqHn2GGvillip5EGE8LjYnAUMKYiZIDKAtpVJRmHZT1ZwSK9RKXUPB6mFP7KC1dzfN5hgAqFNP25fs9xeanugc68N65ZUZolk6yQ05j6PrbXTYn89QUwkAevyIHjYU3AHmh9QGdm3oP7G4uW9EKV_JaW_ft0KEka52rqpb0v4zysPhpGz05eTdxe821UjuXj4-DxBePaFxtuJZSHiG3-lLoxbCagX6Y-GbXEUOsjJ8ixJC_KrLgVQ2adr7EGQDxtwyVBih8ljqiWtkcKVwotCzBN2A%3D%3D&attredirects=0

The temperature is pretty constant throughout the year... rain appears heavier later in the year. The Atlantic hurricane season is another thing to consider and it usually peaks in the August/September time frame. I would watch the prices especially during the big wave sale in January. We booked an OK category cabin during the Wave sale for $750 each and it hit $1300 when it sold out in March for a November cruise on the Star.

Thanks for the great info, will definitely keep it in mind. You never know with us, we may do the PC and follow it up immediately with the cruise of Hawai'i, makes sense to me.. :p in for a penny (which we don't use anymore) in for a pound... hmmm we don't use them anymore either... oh well.... planning ahead :D

Edited by All-ready2cruise

I wonder what time of year is best to do it since I understand that it gets quite hot and humid... maybe in the winter months?

Really can't wait until we can book this cruise, it looks so amazing.

it is hot and humid every month of the year. Rain Starts on April and last til December, and the temperature doesnt vary that much. if you do get rain, most of the times it only rains for an hour or so. it never rains for extended periods of time.

if you look to your right at 4:33 you will see the new doors for the expansion of the panama canal.

It is a great video. The guy who made it posted about it here a few months ago with some further details of how he did it:

Time Lapse video of the Nov 6th, 2013 Norwegian Star's transit of the Panama Canal

It is a great video. The guy who made it posted about it here a few months ago with some further details of how he did it:

Time Lapse video of the Nov 6th, 2013 Norwegian Star's transit of the Panama Canal

Thanks for the link to the original thread. and to learn more about the background It is good to see it came from a CC'er when it first got published. I found it on You Tube and did not even think to search on CC about it.