Time Lapse video of the Nov 6th, 2013 Norwegian Star's transit of the Panama Canal

AZ_Roy

Here is a link to the time lapse photos I shot from Deck 13 forward during our transit of the Panama Canal on November 6th, 2013..

Hope you all like it.

We had a great time and met lots of interesting people on the cruise as we always do.

-Roy

Nice! What camera did you use?

This was shot using a GoPro Hero2 with a suction cup mount. I stuck the mount to the glass around the front on Deck 13 under the railing. Power was from an external USB battery that was changed out every two hours.

-Roy

Thanks!

Noticed that there were lots of people at the bow in the normally off limits ares. Were those passengers or crew?

They opened up that frontal area on deck 8 just for the transit. That is normally a crew only area. I did not get a chance to gop down there as I was up on 13 the entire time keeping an eye on my camera. :)

-Roy

We're on the Pearl in 151 days doing the PC repo. Your video was just what I needed to see this evening. Thank you so much for taking the trouble to post.

Was it as awesome as it appeared to be?

This was my 2nd transit of the canal, and it was just as much fun as the first one. Even more so with the camera in tow.

-Roy

Wow! Nice job! :)

Did you really stay with your camera for 12 hours straight??? I hope you had a bucket of beer at least (mostly for the bucket… :p)

Yes, 5:15am to 5:15pm. I wasn't about to leave my GoPro camera unattended. I had someone bringing me food and drink.

-Roy