Are they still free pouring drinks

Hey all hoping for some resent updates if the bartenders are free pouring or using shot glasses and wondering if the strength of the drinks has really suffered , had the drink package last cruise and the drinks were really strong , if they are still the same then I won't get the package again , but if they have gotten considerably weaker I might just get it again

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you don't care for an extra long pour in your drinks, just tell the waiter/bartender. They might think they are doing you a service by pouring your drink a bit on the strong side but if you don't want it, just tell them. I don't like the 'extra' in my drink either and have never had a problem getting what I want. In fact, they will come out ahead saving their booze for those who want it.;):D

Last two cruises (Allure and Oasis) they were very generous with the strongness of the cocktails but also with the size of a glass of sparkling wine. After I came back the 2nd time for a glass of bubbly, he poured it in a cocktail-glass :D. Got him a nice tip for sure.

If they start measuring, they'll loose a fortune. People will not pay $4 for a 1 ounce highball and $65 a day is ridiculous unless your a complete lush. :(

It will also kill the bartenders tip at the end of the week. The bartenders will find ways to give you a great drink at minimal cost to the cruiser and maximum tip for them. ;)

Tip... find a great, friendly bartender. Stick with them wherever they move through the week and you'll get great service and great drinks. Give'm a big tip at the end of the week. Friends for life! :)

If you don't care for an extra long pour in your drinks, just tell the waiter/bartender. They might think they are doing you a service by pouring your drink a bit on the strong side but if you don't want it, just tell them. I don't like the 'extra' in my drink either and have never had a problem getting what I want. In fact, they will come out ahead saving their booze for those who want it.;):D

It sounds to me like the OP is fine with a long pour. I think he's just asking so he knows whether a package is justified. Less alcohol per drink means he has to buy more drinks, so a package would be better. Extra long pours might mean he only has 3 or 4 drinks a day, so best to buy them individually.

It sounds to me like the OP is fine with a long pour. I think he's just asking so he knows whether a package is justified. Less alcohol per drink means he has to buy more drinks, so a package would be better. Extra long pours might mean he only has 3 or 4 drinks a day, so best to buy them individually.

That's how I read it too. Not that the strong pours are bad, but if you need to buy less drinks, the package is not as attractive.

Edited by sr4mjc

Bingo !!!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were on Vision 5/31 - 6/5 and they were free pouring :confused:

We were on 5/17 and I asked at the R-Bar when they were going to start measuring and was told they already had. My observations during the rest of the cruise showed that they were. No need to be confused - just the RCI way! The more things change the more they stay the same ;)

A good bartender can give you a short pour a lot easier by free pouring than by measuring (all the while making you think you got a really long pour) especially if they get fancy and do the old raise the bottle and lower the glass trick, or hold their thumb over the vent hole on the spout.;)