RCI wine bottle inspection

Please no flames; but I have a very quick, entirely academic question re: RCI's inspection procedures for the two wine bottles per cabin that can legally carried on board.

Obviously checking will vary from person to person, but on average, assuming they're in the carryon bag, how exhaustively are these bottles examined? Are they just scanned? Cursorily glanced at? Held up to the light? Label read and checked for the correct volume? Opened and smelled?

Can I get 2 wines from the ports I'm visiting and bring up to my room for consumption? Or does that have to be kept till last day of cruise? Can it be counted as the 2 I can drink in the room?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also can I bring 2 during embarkation and then buy 2 more at the other ports? I'm sure they don't keep track.

For the 2 wines do I have to carry on board or can it be in my luggage?

Also can I bring 2 during embarkation and then buy 2 more at the other ports? I'm sure they don't keep track.

No, it will be taken when you get back on the ship

For the 2 wines do I have to carry on board or can it be in my luggage?

carry on or you'll wind up in the naughty room

and to answer the question in your first post, which you essentially repeated here, no they will make you turn it in and have it delivered..

If you want to ask go ahead, but be prepared for them to say NO and have the wine held until the final night

When I brought my bottles, they opened them up and the security guards took a drink to make sure it was only wine.

They said it was the new policy.

That's a good one:) If that's the new policy I wonder what they were like at the end of the day. I think I will apply for that job.

When I brought my bottles, they opened them up and the security guards took a drink to make sure it was only wine.

So after they drank it... Did they re-cork for you? I've seen videos of ppl trying to put hard liquor into the wine bottles lol

Ha ha ha !!

I have a tendency to believe this post as everything seems to be new (more stringent) policy since 2014 started.

:-)

Did they at least rate it for you? :confused: