Saved Cruises on Princess Site

ntvsdgrl

I like to monitor my future cruise by saving the trip in saved cruises on the Princess website. For about a month now when I click on Saved cruise and click update price, the picture of the ship disappears. If you click on view itinerary, you get an error message. I've tried this on all 3 of the browsers I use and get the same error. I get it on my iPad and on my computer at work.

Now I can go and search for cruisetours and check the price that way but it was so much each when I would click on my saved cruise.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I like to monitor my future cruise by saving the trip in saved cruises on the Princess website. For about a month now when I click on Saved cruise and click update price, the picture of the ship disappears. If you click on view itinerary, you get an error message. I've tried this on all 3 of the browsers I use and get the same error. I get it on my iPad and on my computer at work.

Now I can go and search for cruisetours and check the price that way but it was so much each when I would click on my saved cruise.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I have not experienced this problem and as I recall tech-support for such problems is not available on the weekends so you may want to call them during the business week.

I'm recommend contacting Princess, too. I noticed that I can't add two cruises with the same itinerary but different dates to saved cruises. If one is already there and I add the second one, both saved cruises change to the second one. It's not a big deal to me which is why I haven't contacted them, but something is definitely wrong with the Saved Cruises right now.

I just went through this a week ago. Nothing showing for at least a week or more. When I inquired they put in a request for tech support to look at it. I did this on a Saturday (JUne 7th) and on Monday morning all was well and all saved cruises with their pricing was back to normal.

I'm recommend contacting Princess, too. I noticed that I can't add two cruises with the same itinerary but different dates to saved cruises. If one is already there and I add the second one, both saved cruises change to the second one. It's not a big deal to me which is why I haven't contacted them, but something is definitely wrong with the Saved Cruises right now.

Same thing happens to me! Wanted to keep track of the Caribbean for Feb 7th and 14th. Won't let me add the two cruiises.

Same thing happens to me! Wanted to keep track of the Caribbean for Feb 7th and 14th. Won't let me add the two cruiises.

For the last 3-4 days, when I hit the update price tab, my saved cruise disappears. This is not the first time either :rolleyes:

See post#6. Call them.

Yes,... I have had major problems with the "saved" portion of the site. I've tried deleting them and starting over,..but, still the same problem with accurate information. It's a mess.......and has been for a while......

Good morning everyone!

Just got off the phone with Princess about this situation. Here's what I was told:

Since the cruise I've saved is the same one I've already booked and it's in My Princess, it won't let me update the price because I already have the cruise booked through my travel agent. This is something new that they've implemented within the last month or so (hence when the error started happening with me). You're not supposed to be able to get pricing information if you've booked through a travel agent. If you go the long way and search for the cruise, you'll be able to see pricing because it's not attached to My Princess.

Hope this makes sense. Now if any of you are having this problem and didn't book through a Travel Agent, then you'll need to call and let them know that it's not a travel agent booking issue.

Good luck!

If this is new thing, it only started with me this morning. I have both booked and potential cruises saved and nothing will update.

Sue. are your cruises booked through a travel agent?

They said slowly but surely that this is making it's way on the site. :mad:

Yes all the saved ones are but I also have ones I am just following and hope will reduce before I book.

Now I can't even get on the site. I think there may be a maintainance thing going on right now too.

Gloria, Princess is down now. If you recall, Tuesday and Wednesday are the big days they change prices.

Edited by Pia1913

Gloria, Princess is down now. If you recall, Tuesday and Wednesday are the big days they change prices.

A well run web site would:

o Have price changes ready to make in a batch of updates

o Do these updates at a time of day when there is normally minimum usage of the web site

Making such changes in the middle of what is normally a busy usage time makes no sense.

I just went in to do my round about search for my cruise to check pricing and no cruises are available to check pricing. I'll try again later. Here's hoping for a price drop. Not going until June of next year but paying a pretty hefty price for an Alaskan Cruisetour so any drop would be nice. So far I've only at a $50 drop since I booked in March.

I was unable to sign in to My Princess because my email or password could not be found. I called Princess & they were unable to get it working on my iPad & iPhone Safari browser. They had me use IE on my PC desktop & voila...I was able to sign in to My Princess. I deleted history, cookies & data and still I'm unable to sign in using Safari.

From IE when I go to my saved cruises (booked & considering) I can update all of them including my TA bookings. The Princess agent said they're aware of this problem which some are experiencing but they were not aware of the sign in problem when using Safari.

It appears that their IT employees will be busy. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

For the past couple of days I've been trying to check on pricing for my cruise tour for next year. Every time I would find it, it kept saying pricing was not available. Well finally this evening it finally showed pricing and it looks like they've done some updates. Now a box comes up and says "I'll pick my own cabin" or "Choose for Me". Unfortunately, there was no price drop but I'll keep checking. I'm not leaving for 375 days. :D

Well it appears that what Princess told me was incorrect regarding saved cruises. I saved my cruise again in My Princess. I left the site for a few hours and went back in. I went to my saved cruises and saw that the orange update price button there. I clicked on it and I didn't get the error message anymore and was able to check availability. I'm not sure how long this will last but glad to see it's back to normal again.