HAL Luggage tags

ccmg

A friend was trying to print out her luggage tags but her printer does not print in color. So she wants to know why are the tags color-coded. I thought it was for sorting purposes. It identifies what deck or section of the ship it goes to. I'm certain someone knows the answer.

A friend was trying to print out her luggage tags but her printer does not print in color. So she wants to know why are the tags color-coded. I thought it was for sorting purposes. It identifies what deck or section of the ship it goes to. I'm certain someone knows the answer.

The color corresponds to the specific ship, different ships are different colors. Not sure it's real important though I guess in say Ft Lauderdale where there can be a number of HAL ships docked at one time it might make a difference. The alpha numeric on the tags give the deck, aft/forward, and cabin number information for sorting purposes.

The color(ship specific, I think) is not used to sort -- the location, cabin are what they sort by and they are in black.

I only print black and white for luggage tags -- always show up in the right spot.

HAL has always done color tags for their ships for years -- even when they sent to us.

It really is not important.

Tell her to go ahead and print them out. The porters and the crew could care less about the color of the tags.

All that is important is her cabin number and the ship.

Thanks, I knew you would have the correct answer. I actually thought about it being the ship on my way home from dinner tonight. I thought I remembered there being more than one HAL ship in port one time at embarkation and HAL making sure everyone was picking up the correct tag for their ship. This was long before we could check-in on-line. Was going to look at mine to see what color they were. We are not on the same deck so that would have given me the answer.

When my printer is low on certain colors, mine can be so off from what they are suppost to be. They actually just indicate the ship your on but trust me, it doesn't mean anything. As others have said they always seem to get to the right place.

All the stevedores at the port have fast attach luggage tags.

All she'll need to enter is name and cabin number.

No need to print tags at all if she doesn't want but if she does, as the others have said no need for the tags to be in color.