Getaway June 7th sailing - review of Haven and Aft Penthouse 11308

Hello fellow cruisers!

Our family of three just returned from the Getaway and a fantastic week in the Haven. We stayed in an Aft Penthouse Suite - 11308 - port side.

This was our first cruise on NCL. We have sailed with CCL and RCCL several times before trying NCL.

I will have to say that NCL has won us over. The service and easy going Freestyle of NCL was so relaxing and this was the first 7 day cruise where we truly did not want to leave.

. ImageUploadedByForums1402843021.403164.jpg.85ba29782508d12a0c5eeca2ba2005d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1402842985.463871.jpg.86f95624da417819771c41cd33dea9f6.jpg

Edited by SouthernBelle_N_Louisiana

ImageUploadedByForums1402844179.407914.jpg.ba5aa6cb1acc8b704626b5a505732057.jpg

First days lunch in the Haven Restaurant.

Our son is celiac and the Haven went above and beyond to accommodate his gluten free diet. Susana the Asst Maître D was fabulous!! Those of you who are gluten free can eat safely knowing that NCL caters to whatever you want.

Picture of warm chocolate brownie with macadamia nut ice cream - not GF ImageUploadedByForums1402844359.284053.jpg.eb5fd13360ae558c643dfeef942c13f2.jpg

Haven Poolside lunch menu - served til 4 by the Haven pool

[ATTACH]316224[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]316225[/ATTACH]

THANKS....been trying to find a copy if this for a long time!!

Sent from my phone - using the Cruise Critic forums app

Great review. We have this same cabin on September 13. I am concerned with the distance from our cabin to the Haven. Do you feel you got good service from your butler when you were so far away from the Haven? Last of all, we like to have a drink or two in the evening on the balcony. We have the UDP through a promo. My husband feels this cabin will be inconvenient for getting drinks and bringing them back to the cabin. He is interested in possibly upgrading to a 2 bd Haven suite in the Haven area. What are your thoughts and were you offered an upgrade from the Aft? It seems must sailings have many 2 bd suites left at the time of departure. Thanks for the help!

Great review. We have this same cabin on September 13. I am concerned with the distance from our cabin to the Haven. Do you feel you got good service from your butler when you were so far away from the Haven? Last of all, we like to have a drink or two in the evening on the balcony. We have the UDP through a promo. My husband feels this cabin will be inconvenient for getting drinks and bringing them back to the cabin. He is interested in possibly upgrading to a 2 bd Haven suite in the Haven area. What are your thoughts and were you offered an upgrade from the Aft? It seems must sailings have many 2 bd suites left at the time of departure. Thanks for the help!

Yes we had fabulous service from the butler Armando. He will give you his business card with the extension the first day. Call him for drinks, food, anything and he will bring it right to you.

We were not offered an upgrade from the Aft Suite as this sailing sold out in the Haven area months ago--there were several large groups on board last week.

As far as the Aft goes, we LOVE being at the back of the ship as we enjoy the wake and the very large balcony. In the main Haven area, the balconies are very small. It just depends on what it important to you. We like the walking cause it's good exercise from all the wonderful meals :)

Hope this helps!

Chefs Table and the menu

$99 per person - 9 course meal including 5 different wines - 3 1/2 hours long - if interested ask the Concierge or Susanna in the Haven Restaurant first day you are there. We were invited to go but hubby has shellfish allergies and this has quite a bit of seafood on the menu.

ImageUploadedByForums1402927323.844864.jpg.e3fa2dd5eccecdd3cbcd20d144cc38f9.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1402927398.073625.jpg.4035dc2977379e4fdd51a06eacfe3813.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1402927414.833474.jpg.d66a8e46cfe78e732273c7003fe51b50.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1402927442.604302.jpg.6ce0a9b31f84866d6fd5dc6c825f2adf.jpg

Yes we had fabulous service from the butler Armando. He will give you his business card with the extension the first day. Call him for drinks, food, anything and he will bring it right to you.

We were not offered an upgrade from the Aft Suite as this sailing sold out in the Haven area months ago--there were several large groups on board last week.

As far as the Aft goes, we LOVE being at the back of the ship as we enjoy the wake and the very large balcony. In the main Haven area, the balconies are very small. It just depends on what it important to you. We like the walking cause it's good exercise from all the wonderful meals :)

Hope this helps!

We were in the port side aft Penthouse on the 13th floor. Armando was incredible as you stated. We could not have asked for a better butler. And Suzana at the Haven Restaurant made our trip enjoyable. The wait staff including George, Terrance, and Ester were also incredible. We put all of them in for vacation heroes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Didugger, we are on your Sep 13 sailing in a regular Haven balcony (deck 16). In January we are in an aft corner suite on deck 11 with friends on deck 9. I will live hearing your experience with the UBP aft. We also booked the sept 13 cruise under the freesome promo. Sorry for typos, on my phone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Chefs Table and the menu

$99 per person - 9 course meal including 5 different wines - 3 1/2 hours long - if interested ask the Concierge or Susanna in the Haven Restaurant first day you are there. We were invited to go but hubby has shellfish allergies and this has quite a bit of seafood on the menu.

[ATTACH]316306[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]316307[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]316308[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]316309[/ATTACH]

Could someone tell me how to view these bigger? When I click on them they are still too small on my screen to see anything...

Thanks for all then positive responses. We have cruised 20 times on Carnival but this is the first time to sail NCL. The Haven is why we changed. I'm trying to soak up every bit of information that I can find. If you have any more helpful hints please pass them on. I have already made most of our reservations. My husband just laughs!!!

Enjoying this review! We are in the Haven on deck 15 in Aug and wanting to get lots of info as well.....love knowing perks ahead of time. We've never had our butler bring drinks, but always have had exceptional service no matter where we were on NCL! I like the idea!

Keep it coming!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Edited by li'lred

Could someone tell me how to view these bigger? When I click on them they are still too small on my screen to see anything...

If you would like me to email those to you, email me at robin.nichols@bossierschools.org

And I'll be glad to send you the photos direct :)

Enjoying this review! We are in the Haven on deck 15 in Aug and wanting to get lots of info as well.....love knowing perks ahead of time. We've never had our butler bring drinks' date=' but always have had exceptional service no matter where we were on NCL! I like the idea!

Keep it coming!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app[/quote']

I got all the Haven menus the first day, took back to the suite and used them to order room service. Just call Armando and he will bring to you :)