Dream review, tons of pics, 3 beach reviews!

bluejay555

What a great review! Please keep posting, I had an amazing call yesterday that is putting me on the dream 8/3 with Cynthia! I hadn't thought I was getting another vacation, so I haven't had months to think about and plan for this trip on a new ship. You are really bringing my excitement up, and I appreciate it! I'm your age and will fall apart if asked if I'm grandma. You DONT look like grandma at all! Anyhow, looking forward to more, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Aww thanks! Yes not gonna lie, it stung a bit :cool: So awesome you are getting to cruise sooner than you thought! Enjoy!!!

Now, for those of you not familiar with Nachi Cocom, it is this fantastic little beach club that is all-inclusive and very reasonably priced, at $55 for age 16 and older, $35 for kids age 12-15, and $17 for ages 4-11. 3 and under are free. Not to mention, they only allow up to 100 visitors a day, so it's never overly crowded. We tried counting heads and thought there were approx. 50 people there with us. There was also a large party of Mexicans that came for a luncheon, but didn't swim or anything. They seemed to be having a LOT of fun!

IMG_3238_zpsa3d4004b.jpg

Ahh a Miami Vice (half pina colada, half strawberry daqu.). They would make any drink you asked for and it's all included! We definitely got our money's worth with the food and drinks.

IMG_3243_zps1661fc56.jpg

You are free to order as much as you want from the menu, so we each got an appetizer and a main dish. Everything was wonderful... probably the best food we had the entire cruise.

Cheese quesadilla

IMG_3244_zps72766ce0.jpg

Chicken wings (we kinda thought they'd have hot sauce on them, like you get in the states, but these were yummy just the same)

IMG_3245_zpsa66b2439.jpg

Chicken fried tacos... probably my least favorite thing we ordered

IMG_3246_zps954a2b1d.jpg

Fried cheese sticks

IMG_3247_zpsd13895a5.jpg

We spent our day here in December when we were there on the Freedom. We had a great time. The service was great, the drinks were plentiful, and the guacamole was terrific! We had reserved on-line ahead of time. Is this what you did? We did the all inclusive for much cheaper than a lot of Carnival's excursions. We found it to be very relaxing however there were a lot of options to purchase if you wanted to be more active!

Edited by Bookbug53

Is the Miami Vice at Nachi not the most delicious glass of alcoholic bliss you've ever had?!?!?! And the food.......it was by far the best food we had our entire cruise! I cannot wait to go back to Nachi! Still loving your review! :D

The food was great! Did not try a Miami Vice but think I will come November!

Is the Miami Vice at Nachi not the most delicious glass of alcoholic bliss you've ever had?!?!?! And the food.......it was by far the best food we had our entire cruise! I cannot wait to go back to Nachi! Still loving your review! :D

Most definitely!!! And thanks :)

Sandy, I agree, and yes we booked in advance. That was the first thing I did after I booked the cruise. With the 100person limit, I was afraid we wouldn't get in!! Turns out we could have just showed up and paid at the door.... they were not full that day. There were only 2 ships in port.

Sandy, I agree, and yes we booked in advance. That was the first thing I did after I booked the cruise. With the 100person limit, I was afraid we wouldn't get in!! Turns out we could have just showed up and paid at the door.... they were not full that day. There were only 2 ships in port.

But you never know. ;)

OK, let's see....I was up to the part where we were leaving Cozumel. Sad! We boarded as late as possible, so we had to get showered and ready for dinner asap.

Broccoli soup

IMG_3293_zps6bb20bca.jpg

Corn chowder

IMG_3294_zpsc5d106aa.jpg

Escargot was our dish that we all had never tried. It was pretty good. The girls kept saying we were eating Gary from SpongeBob lol

IMG_3295_zps56618764.jpg

Chateaubriand

IMG_3299_zpsdb6bd322.jpg

OK, the sun has officially turned my pale skinned children into zombies! poor little things.... especially Josie. Her face is STILL peeling.

IMG_3303_zps0a2f2c76.jpg

Edited by bluejay555

Always a sad sight :(

IMG_3304_zps20fe75bf.jpg

DEVASTATING!

Once we got home from our first cruise, it was SOOO depressing to have to COOK for ourselves, CLEAN UP after ourselves. Where are my fresh towels? Why isn't my bed turned down? And having to PAY for food?! [emoji35][emoji79][emoji47][emoji31][emoji37] What a let down. Its like I can't even enjoy my day to day life, because no matter what, EVERYTHING SUCKS until I can get back on that boat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Always a sad sight :(

IMG_3304_zps20fe75bf.jpg

Yea we hate seeing those luggage tags. " it can't be day 7 already can it?" Anyway wonderful review. We also had a great time and loved the Dream. Hope she's with us in NOLA until we get the Vista ( just kidding, or am I?). Lol. Thanks!

Cruising dives and Gregg, I know!!! And wouldn't that be amazing if NO got the Vista??

OK, well last sea day is all that's left...I will sit down this afternoon and finish up this review. Thanks everyone for taking the time to look through my adventure on the Dream :D

Let me just say that this ship has some pretty weird artwork going on. I hated it, and I'm an art teacher. I usually appreciate most any art that I see in one way or another, but this art was just plain weird and out of place with all the glitzy décor. It belonged in camp carnival. Or a kid's bedroom or something. But a flashy, gold and jewel encrusted cruise ship interior?? (there seriously were polished glass tiles and marbles glued to everything that would sit still. My mom kept thinking there were coins on the floor and she'd bend over and it was a glass jewel tile lol) Um, nope! Sorry!

IMG_2893_zps5bb79771.jpg

IMG_2896_zpsa493888a.jpg

There is much more gaudy art that I will refrain from posting, like polar bears dancing in a ballroom, penguins playing soccer....

Do they have dogs playing poker??? :D

Mike

Loving your review. Heading out on the Dream on Nov 9 with my wife and 4 year old.

Did your kids go to Camp Carnival at all and if so, how was that?

35 miles south of St Louis? Like Fenton or High Ridge, or Festus or Arnold? I was born in St. Louis County but grew up west of there in Warren County.

We will be on this cruise with you!!! Can't wait!!! :)

Mike

We will be in Nachi in November. There are 5 ships in port that day. We have already booked. The port is going to be crazy!

Did you ever make it to deck 5? Did they offer the grill on deck 5 during sea days?

Naomi yes they did. It was good and the lines were not bad at all. We had it on the 1st 2 sea days but on the 3rd sea day we hit a storm in the gulf so it was not available then.

Naomi yes they did. It was good and the lines were not bad at all. We had it on the 1st 2 sea days but on the 3rd sea day we hit a storm in the gulf so it was not available then.

Thanks Gregg. How about the Salad Bar off Ocean Plaza?

Thank you for posting this review. We are doing the same itinerary on this ship in July, but backwards and I'm so excited. It is a graduation gift for my daughter and there will be seven of us. My dh and I are the only two that are not cruise newbies and cannot wait to show off how to become cruise addicts! Unfortunately, your pictures aren't showing up for me either....:'(

Edited by Monker2001