beverage card promo

Wavey

We just booked direct with HAL online an Alaskan cruise for July that qualified for the $50 per person beverage card. I don't see any mention of the cards on our confirmation or when I look at our account online. The cruise is fully paid for and we have done the online check-in and printed luggage tags, etc. Is it safe to assume the cards will be waiting in our cabin or should we call HAL to check?

A HAL rep or PCC is able to print/email from Polar-Online or some other HAL document to show that you are entitled to the Bev cards. Always a good idea to have proof and HAL can find it for you.

They will be waiting for you in your cabin, but do take proof!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Just off Volendam from last week. The Summer On Sale $50 card was in the cabin at embarkation. However if the card is not fully used, the balance is not transferred over to your Onboard account as with the normal beverage card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just booked direct with HAL online an Alaskan cruise for July that qualified for the $50 per person beverage card. I don't see any mention of the cards on our confirmation or when I look at our account online. The cruise is fully paid for and we have done the online check-in and printed luggage tags, etc. Is it safe to assume the cards will be waiting in our cabin or should we call HAL to check?

Have you printed the documents for the cruise(boarding pass, etc) -- on the last page, or very close to it will be a confirmation of your package.

This may be a really stupid question, but what can the beverage card pay for? Are there restrictions?

Anything in the lounges, Explorations Cafe, Dining Rooms, : wine, beer, cocktails, sodas, coffee, even bottles of wine.

Edited by SilvertoGold

Have you printed the documents for the cruise(boarding pass, etc) -- on the last page, or very close to it will be a confirmation of your package.

I have the $50pp beverage card for my next HAL voyage (at least I'm supposed to get it, according to my TA) but there is no mention of that on the Express Docs, only on the invoice from my TA.

Have other people seen it identified on their Express Docs?

on our Caribbean cruise last April we had the cards. I was surprised when I ordered a double Baileys and they brought it along with 2 Holland America shot glasses. The shot glasses were charged to the card, too.

I have the $50pp beverage card for my next HAL voyage (at least I'm supposed to get it, according to my TA) but there is no mention of that on the Express Docs, only on the invoice from my TA.

Have other people seen it identified on their Express Docs?

They were somewhere around page 9 and were also on the confirmation from our TA.

Just off Volendam from last week. The Summer On Sale $50 card was in the cabin at embarkation. However if the card is not fully used, the balance is not transferred over to your Onboard account as with the normal beverage card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On Westerdam May 17, we had our remaining balance refunded automatically to our onboard account. We also got the cards via Summer on Sale.

The refundability seems hard to predict. People have posted both ways.

To answer the OP, the cards were listed in our booking confirmation paperwork from HAL, although a bit difficult to find. Try the search function in the PDF file.

Edited by gte937k
answering the OP

on our Caribbean cruise last April we had the cards. I was surprised when I ordered a double Baileys and they brought it along with 2 Holland America shot glasses. The shot glasses were charged to the card, too.

If you ordered a Baileys you would have received it served in a cordial glass. Since you ordered a double, you received the double along with the cordial glasses they would have been served in.

No difference in the price you would have been charged.

Rockfan2