Navigator for first time on RCCL?

Thanks again everyone for all of your input! I'm thinking we will fly into Hobby because we normally fly Southwest and it seems thats where they fly into!

I was incredibly shocked but MANY hotels were already fully booked for February! We ended up with a hotel on the beach that does transfers (I can't remember exactly which one) I'll look at all of the transfer services and try and find the best deal from the Airport to the hotel and Port to Airport :)

Hilton in Galveston has a complimentary shuttle to and from port

Departs hotel 10:00am and 11:00 and 11:30

If used book as soon as you check in with bellboy

Shuttle was at port 7.30 ready for us to go back to hotel on return.

Good hotel 15mins from port, with Krogers, IHOP and Rainforest Cafe and Landrys very close by

We also really enjoyed the Hilton, it had live music on Saturday night and a very nice pool with swim up bar. San Luis hotel is also very nice and a few blocks away but will cost you double what Hilton would be ( and it has excellent but costly steak resturant and also had live music)

For a "Titanic" moment, exit the starboard side door, in the Star lounge, deck 5. You can stand on the ship's helipad. Perhaps see dolphins ahead of the ship as it leaves GVS.

We were on the Navigator on the June 1st cruise. Three of our grandchildren were along (5,7 and 11,) and they all enjoyed the kid's activities. The miniature golf is fun as is watching people on the flow rider which is just past the miniature golf course. The Ice Show is a must. Enjoy your cruise!

We were on the Navigator on the June 1st cruise. Three of our grandchildren were along (5,7 and 11,) and they all enjoyed the kid's activities. The miniature golf is fun as is watching people on the flow rider which is just past the miniature golf course. The Ice Show is a must. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you for the help :) I'm glad to hear your grand children enjoyed the activities I'll pass along the positive feedback to my brothers they are looking forward to something different :D

I have only heard great things about the Ice Show so I think I will have to give it a try! I'm not a huge show fan but it sounds pretty cool!

Thanks again everyone for all of your input! I'm thinking we will fly into Hobby because we normally fly Southwest and it seems thats where they fly into!

I was incredibly shocked but MANY hotels were already fully booked for February! We ended up with a hotel on the beach that does transfers (I can't remember exactly which one) I'll look at all of the transfer services and try and find the best deal from the Airport to the hotel and Port to Airport :)

Don't know what date your leaving on your cruise, but Mardi Gras is from February 6th to 17th, 2015. This is a huge event in Galveston with over 250,000 visitors. Hotels are always booked and generally require a 2/3 night minimum - same as New Orleans.

I will second the great reviews of Sabor. Save room for dessert. It will be the best part of the meal (besides the table made guacamole). You will love the Navigator.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Galveston has a pretty good sized Madris Gras in Feb and the hotels fill up pretty fast.

Don't know what date your leaving on your cruise, but Mardi Gras is from February 6th to 17th, 2015. This is a huge event in Galveston with over 250,000 visitors. Hotels are always booked and generally require a 2/3 night minimum - same as New Orleans.

Oh my goodness we are leaving on the 15th and I've been searching for hotels and EVERYTHING is booked! This makes sense now! Are there any areas we should stay away from for safety concerns? I wanted Hilton but it's booked!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh my goodness we are leaving on the 15th and I've been searching for hotels and EVERYTHING is booked! This makes sense now! Are there any areas we should stay away from for safety concerns? I wanted Hilton but it's booked!

That is THE BIG weekend for Mardi Gras.

Saturday is the Momus night parade which starts on the Seawall to 25th to downtown. Traffic on Saturday will be heavy. We usually have 300,000 on the island that weekend.

Overall it is very family friendly though there are always a few drunks that get rowdy when the police go to close the Strand (downtown) at midnight. Then they gripe about police brutality when they are the ones causing the problem:eek:

We have been going since it was resurrected in the 80's and love it:D

That is THE BIG weekend for Mardi Gras.

Saturday is the Momus night parade which starts on the Seawall to 25th to downtown. Traffic on Saturday will be heavy. We usually have 300,000 on the island that weekend.

Overall it is very family friendly though there are always a few drunks that get rowdy when the police go to close the Strand (downtown) at midnight. Then they gripe about police brutality when they are the ones causing the problem:eek:

We have been going since it was resurrected in the 80's and love it:D

That's crazy! it sounds fun but we couldn't find a hotel so we just booked a hotel in Houston and will take a limo over :) thank you for letting me know I'm sure we will have some marti gras cruisers on our ship!

In the MDR/ specialty restaurants is there a limit to what you can order? Ie 2 apps 1 entree 2 desserts???

On DCL it's almost encouraged in the MDR s as well as palo so I wondered what rcl policy was :)

In the MDR/ specialty restaurants is there a limit to what you can order? Ie 2 apps 1 entree 2 desserts???

On DCL it's almost encouraged in the MDR s as well as palo so I wondered what rcl policy was :)

Never be afraid to ask for more.. Always have 2 lobster tails:D and when 2 desserts just look better than 1 ask away..

In the MDR, there's no limit.

In a specialty restaurant, you can order multiple appetizers, but entrees beyond the first one cost $10 each.

Edited by clarea

Does anyone know the height of the step into the bathroom . We are in a balcony

Thanks

I'm sorry I have no idea... However I would like to know too anyone?

Alos it may be a dumb question but how do you know which floor to enter the MDR on?

I'm sorry I have no idea... However I would like to know too anyone?

Alos it may be a dumb question but how do you know which floor to enter the MDR on?

It will be on your seapass card. The table number will have a 3 or 4 in front indicating which floor. Deck 5 is my time dining.

Just came off the June 8 sailing with my husband, son(16) and daughter(13).

The kids had the soda package and it worked in the dining room and specialty restaurants.

Ate at Sabor and Giovanni's. We had Giovanni's for lunch twice. The kids really enjoyed the food in this restaurant. Lunch was $15 pp. Kids were charged the same rate. Come hungry because there is a lot of food. Be sure to try the tiramisu for dessert. It was one of the best we've had. They encouraged us to try a little of everything and made recommendations for the table.

We ate at Sabor for dinner for my daughter's birthday. Cost was $25pp. The food was really good especially the tableside guacamole. Tried both of the tableside margaritas which were both very good. The sweet and spicy is made with carrot juice and the jalapeno/cucumber was very unique and tasty. For dessert they bring you a sample of everything to try.

Kids really enjoyed the flowrider, especially on teen night. They also enjoyed disco night on the promenade and country dancing on the pool deck.

Cozumel: We went to Paradise Beach. $14 taxi ride for 4 people. $3 each for entrance fee that included loungers and umbrella on the beach. They required $10 per person purchase of food or beverage. Food was great especially the quesadillas. Also purchased a wristband for $15 for the kids which allowed them access to all of the water inflatables at the beach.

Cayman Islands: We booked with Stingray Sailing for snorkeling and a visit to stingray city. They only take 25 people on the catamaran and we had about 30-45 minutes with the sting rays and another 30-45 minutes snorkeling. They provided transportation from the port and water and fruit on the catamaran. Cost was $55 per person. This was my kids favorite port.

Falmouth: We booked the Hilton Rose Hall all inclusive with Resorts for a day. Children were $79 each and adults were $99 each. Spent the day at the pool and on the lazy river. Price included use of any of the non motorized equipment so the kids enjoyed going out on the sailboat. Lunch could be had at any of their restaurants. We chose Mangoes restaurant near the pool and also enjoyed jerk chicken that was being grilled near the beach. The kids loved their virgin daiquiris and my husband and I enjoyed pina coladas and daiquiris too.

Overall the trip was very enjoyable. We had a great time and my daughter loved celebrating her 13th birthday aboard the ship.