11 AM flight possible to go home????

lizi116

We are coming into the port of Miami on Carnival, and was wondering if it would be possible to make a 10:55 AM flight in Fort Lauderdale to go home.

My T.A. said Carnival says to book flights after 11:30. Does a 1/2 hour earlier make a difference?

This is the best non-stop flight at a good price. Anyone have experience with booking flights around 11 AM and making it ok?

Is it possible you will make it? Sure.

Is it possible you will miss it? Sure.

It is because there is some risk that I would not do it. There are several things that can go wrong including the ship arriving late, a delay in getting the ship cleared, even being pulled over by customs officials and having them go through your suitcases. Does any of this happen? Yes.

The drive is about 45 minutes and Fort Lauderdale Airport can be very busy and you want to have a lot of time to check in and get through security.

I would book a later flight.

In the end it comes down to how much stress you want to deal with and how much risk you want to take.

Keith

For a 10:55 flight you need to be at FLL for check-in and TSA by about 9:25 (earlier is better); with a 40-45+ minute drive from POM that means in a cab/limo/shuttle with wheels rolling by about 8:45.

IF you can carry all of your bags off the ship and are willing to spring for the $80 cab fare (instead of waiting on a shared shuttle) you SHOULD make your flight. Do you want to spend your cruise worried about making your flight home? :confused: Be smart and book a flight leaving about noon or later to give yourself some wiggle room.

We are coming into the port of Miami on Carnival, and was wondering if it would be possible to make a 10:55 AM flight in Fort Lauderdale to go home.

My T.A. said Carnival says to book flights after 11:30. Does a 1/2 hour earlier make a difference?

This is the best non-stop flight at a good price. Anyone have experience with booking flights around 11 AM and making it ok?

I would not do it - too far to travel from Miami to FLL. Not worth the worry.

The reason these earlier flights are less expensive out of FLL is that the cruise ship passengers all want the after Noon flights - its all supply and demand. This should tell you something about booking it - most people would not chance it.

DaveOKC

Thanks for all the advice. It looks like I will have to book a more expensive flight to go home. OH well!

If it is a lot more expensive, get a hotel for the night and take the cheaper flight home the next day. :cool:

I just realized that I didn't say whether or not this was AM or PM. Sorry for any confusion.

This was an early morning AM flight in off season.

Fort Lauderdale airport is a mess right now and a crapshoot.