"Man Overboard" a fake on Miracle

TPFKAH

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=762282593814304&id=144285012280735

What struck me odd though was supposedly turning immediately after the incident was reported to the bridge, yet the woman that fell overboard and is suing, has indicated that a full accountability of passengers had to be performed before the captain would turn the ship around.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=762282593814304&id=144285012280735

What struck me odd though was supposedly turning immediately after the incident was reported to the bridge, yet the woman that fell overboard and is suing, has indicated that a full accountability of passengers had to be performed before the captain would turn the ship around.

OP:

Why would you post with the title that it was a fake ? At the time, it would have been very real for those involved (family & crew). Luckily, it was not the case and the passenger was safe. But a fake...I beg to differ.

@ cruisinisthebest:

Considering the coldness of the waters in Alaska, maybe procedures change for this type of voyage vs the warmer waters of the Carribean ? John eluded to the frigid water temperature in his FB post.

Thankfully the guest was located safe and sound...hopefully they will seek the help needed to overcome those types of thoughts.

OP:

Why would you post with the title that it was a fake ? At the time, it would have been very real for those involved (family & crew). Luckily, it was not the case and the passenger was safe. But a fake...I beg to differ.

@ cruisinisthebest:

Considering the coldness of the waters in Alaska, maybe procedures change for this type of voyage vs the warmer waters of the Carribean ? John eluded to the frigid water temperature in his FB post.

Thankfully the guest was located safe and sound...hopefully they will seek the help needed to overcome those types of thoughts.

That's easy. At the time of both posts, the incident turned out to be untrue. It didn't happen. Now all we need to find out is who thought this individual went over, although I must think we will never find out. Why would a family member report a man a jumping overboard?

Edited by TPFKAH

OP:

@ cruisinisthebest:

I agree with all of this!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I for one, think its exceptional for the cruise ship to respond so quickly to the possibility of Man overboard. They get bonus points from me.

I'm sure the man in question was talking about it, or depressed, and let his family know. When he went missing, they were worried.

WTG ship Captain, well done. Glad it didn't happen, but I feel better knowing they responded as they did.

I don't take anything that woman said as reliable. She's an opportunist. What ever happened with that suit or is it still going on? Besides, her case was years ago. Perhaps procedures and the order of them has changed since then.

I agree!

I for one, think its exceptional for the cruise ship to respond so quickly to the possibility of Man overboard. They get bonus points from me.

I'm sure the man in question was talking about it, or depressed, and let his family know. When he went missing, they were worried.

WTG ship Captain, well done. Glad it didn't happen, but I feel better knowing they responded as they did.

Response to a report of "Man Overboard" is standard drill on all sea going vessels and the action is immediate. On a large vessel, like a cruise ship, they would usually conduct a Williamson Turn which will bring the ship back on the reciprocal course and hopefully to the position when the report was made. I would have thought any intentional false report would be treated seriously by the Captain