inclusive drink package

smokin tiger

we will be sailing with princess in august and notice the all inclusive drinks package is 56.35 dollars per day. if only one person has the package is there anything to stop that person buying two drinks and giving one to a person who hasn't purchased the package.

we will be sailing with princess in august and notice the all inclusive drinks package is 56.35 dollars per day. if only one person has the package is there anything to stop that person buying two drinks and giving one to a person who hasn't purchased the package.

That person's own morals and integrity, as it is known the package is intended for only the person buying it.

Personal integrity?

Edited by pablo222

I totally agree based on the integrity premise.

Also, from a practical standpoint do you want to spend your entire cruise dodging the system and hoping you don't get caught? That's definitely not for me.

One of the many pleasures of cruising for us is going to Crooners or Adagio before dinner for cocktails. Considering we like to sit at the same table (;) friendly sarcasm) scamming the system isn't an option.

One final point, if enough people do cheat they might be forced to revert back to the policy that everyone in a cabin must buy the package. I don't think anyone wants that.

The one area that two people might benefit from only one person buying the dirink package is when you buy a bottle of wine. You get a 40% discount on the bottle and certainly both could share that. I don't know this for a fact but I am assuming this would be okay.

For the first few days they will ask for 2 cards, once they get to know you then you can usually get away with one as long as both of you are there. The bar supervisor always asked for both cards, the regular staff knew us by name after a few days and when the draught beer ran out gave us 4 bottles of Stella and 2 pint glasses (which would count as 4 drinks normally).

For some reason my last cruise ran out of a lot of alcohol which only got replenished on the day before disembarkation, we got off the Emerald last week.

Edited by CCFC

Princess does read these boards. Just post enough about how you plan to share the package and you just might see the every person per cabin rule reinstated or worse :( Let your conscience be your guide but please don't discuss scamming the system on these boards.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Princess does read these boards. Just post enough about how you plan to share the package and you just might see the every person per cabin rule reinstated or worse :( Let your conscience be your guide but please don't discuss scamming the system on these boards.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Princess knows every trick there is about how to beat the system and unless something new is presented that they don't know about, whats to lose? It's probably doubtful if you could order double the amount of drinks & only purchase one package. They're not totally ignorant about what goes on.

On the CB in May, you were required to wait 10 minutes before ordering another drink. The computer would not allow the card info to be entered.

That wasn't the case on the Emerald last week, I tried a Martini as I have never had one, didn't like it and went back to beer straight away.

Just read on another site(UK) that all bottled and canned drinks on the Emerald are poured into a glass if you are using the drinks package.

That wasn't my experience with alcoholic drinks, it was true with soft drinks.