QM2 has not changed much since our Nov. 2013 crossing

Yoshikitty

We just came back from our 3rd eastbound crossing and I wanted to give you all an update about how it was since our last one from Nov. 2013:

Overall the experience was more or less on the high standard as we have experienced before.

Britannia restaurant food seemed to have slightly improved (we had a different chef to Klaus Kremer (has he left Cunard or was he on another Cunard ship?).

The service personel has been been highly motivated and was even better than before!

Kings court food seemed to have improved a little as well. F&C in the Golden lion was great as always!

Roomservice still great and we enjoyed Todd English as well.

In the sideway corridors to Illuminations we saw some towels because the windows there obviously leaked - in general the ship was still in great condition.

We liked the new teak surroundings around the jacuzzi tops in the Pavillion pool - hope that they'll do that also with the outside jacuzzis

The only significant change that we could see since the new management took over was a US$ 4,50 charge for the previously free shuttle bus in Southampton - though a diamond member told us that his room key card has been scanned but not billed. We walked the 15 minutes to the West Quay Mall which was enjoyable.

They charge now $10 in Hamburg to the previously free shuttle to the center.

Smokers majorly respect the banning, but we have seen people smoking on the promendade and on deck 8 - we had several smog clouds from our fellow balcony neighbors who ignored the ban. Also from some cabins with "clean in process" you could smell heavy smoke coming to the corridors.

Weather was perfect, sea was calm, we'll be there soon again!

Leaving the ship, we have gotten handed out the room key cards back - this never happened before. Great Souvenirs!

Edited by Yoshikitty

PARTIAL QUOTE

...Smokers majorly respect the banning, but we have seen people smoking on the promendade and on deck 8 - we had several smog clouds from our fellow balcony neighbors who ignored the ban. Also from some cabins with "clean in process" you could smell heavy smoke coming to the corridors...

I'm not sure about this, but aren't there designated smoking areas on the Promenade Deck 7?

Just to mention that sometimes the ship -while in the open ocean, burns cheaper fuel that generates a huge polluting smog cloud. Have you ever noticed late at night in a darkened sea, the billowing grey exhaust from the funnel? Or smelled the burning fuel? Seen any embers fly into the inky sky while this sludge was burning to propel the ship forward?

But by all means, let's keep the focus on those passengers who smoke cigarettes rather than the pollutants emitted by cruise ships. ;)

PARTIAL QUOTE

I'm not sure about this, but aren't there designated smoking areas on the Promenade Deck 7?

Just to mention that sometimes the ship -while in the open ocean, burns cheaper fuel that generates a huge polluting smog cloud. Have you ever noticed late at night in a darkened sea, the billowing grey exhaust from the funnel? Or smelled the burning fuel? Seen any embers fly into the inky sky while this sludge was burning to propel the ship forward?

But by all means, let's keep the focus on those passengers who smoke cigarettes rather than the pollutants emitted by cruise ships. ;)

Well, the point was, that under the new smoking rules, some people did not follow these at all and did their own thing - which affected us and others in a bad way.

What I particularly found rude was one passenger at shore walking around the freshly cleaned deck on 7 with a cigarette in his hands without bothering about the ashes falling down.

Well, the point was, that under the new smoking rules, some people did not follow these at all and did their own thing - which affected us and others in a bad way.

What I particularly found rude was one passenger at shore walking around the freshly cleaned deck on 7 with a cigarette in his hands without bothering about the ashes falling down.

Hi Yoshikitty. Any fool who drops hot ashes on a wood deck needs to be reported to the nearest crew member. I've never seen such behavior on QM2, but it I had, I would report it asap. Not many things bother me on a ship, but the threat of a fire gets my attention real fast!