Adding a third passenger to our booking

ludomonster

My wife is trying to convince my sister-in-law to go on a cruise with us. We are currently booked in AQ on the Summit. I've emailed Celebrity about this, although I don't know how long it will take to respond.

Would a traveling trio have to pay the double occupancy rate plus port fees and gratuities per person, or does Celebrity usually charge a rate for each person in the stateroom?

First, Aqua is double occupancy only so you can't just have her bunk with you.

Singles pay the price for the whole stateroom, so she would pay 2x the single fare, but only one set of taxes and port fees. Once in a great while they offer 1.75 x the single fare, but you probably wouldn't see such an offer on an Aqua room

My wife is trying to convince my sister-in-law to go on a cruise with us. We are currently booked in AQ on the Summit. I've emailed Celebrity about this, although I don't know how long it will take to respond.

Would a traveling trio have to pay the double occupancy rate plus port fees and gratuities per person, or does Celebrity usually charge a rate for each person in the stateroom?

Per previous response. Aqua class is limited to two passengers. If you move to CC or another class, you can do it if cabins for three are available. Call Celebrity do not rely on any e-mail.

Enjoy your cruise.

Actually regarding port fees, X now includes them in the cabin fare, so singles now in effect pay double port fees, this change started sometime end of last summer or early fall. Singles still pay single taxes though.

As others say AQ is limited to 2 per cabin, they won't allow 3 adults.

Another thing to be aware of, if you booked with any perks like 123 in prior years adding people got the perk program in place when the original cabin was booked, but now the rules say the passengers that take the perk "must be named" when booking, so the 3rd person may not get the 3rd person perks that were advertised, but it sounds like you MAY have to downgrade cabin and rebook anyway of you really want to add a 3rd and the 123 promotion is still in place, depending on your particular cruise.

Perhaps consider UPGRADING to a celebrity or royal suite (even sky suite would be nice) instead and share the cost among you all....It may be cheaper than 2 separate cabins when you consider the "single supplement" for the 3rd.

• 11 months later...