New Spam law - Canada - July 1, 2014

Safety Squirrel

Celebrity officials

Received your e-mail regarding new spam law in Canada July 1st. Have tried several times -- cannot enter state/province so cannot submit form. Everything else can be filled in

HELP -- still want to receive e-mails from Celebrity. Any suggestions on how to enter province and submit.

Make sure you have entered "Country", in your case Canada, before trying to enter State/Province. I recently had this same issue with another company. Frustrated me no end!

Cindy & Joe

yes - I have entered the country as Canada -- however cannot enter province!! Have tried to complete form several times a day for the last few days :confused: very frustrating. I am going to send an e-mail direct to celebrity and see if they can help

Cindy & Joe

yes - I have entered the country as Canada -- however cannot enter province!! Have tried to complete form several times a day for the last few days :confused: very frustrating. I am going to send an e-mail direct to celebrity and see if they can help

Hello,

Can you please forward a copy of the email to concerns [at] celebrity [dot] com? Thanks!

Edited by Celebrity Cruises

Since Celebrity is a US company , are they affected by the Canadian spam law?

No , they are not exempt. If the message is received on a Canadian based computer it falls under the law

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also received the two e-mails regarding cruises. The e-mail that I received with the form attached was regarding my next cruise, i.e. booking excursions etc. So Celebrity may not be sending it to every Canadian on their e-mail list at this time.

Also, have received an e-mail from concerns@celebrity.com saying they are looking into this.:)

As Christine has posted the spam legislation, most Canadians should be receiving messages from companies they deal with -- I know that I have been receiving e-mails and can either say yes or no. Has been beneficial on some companies that I receive e-mails from but never requested them.

Have any Canadian CC posters received an e-mails from Celebrity asking their re-premissiom to send"sales/spam" e-mails to them? I don't think I have seen one yet (unless I deleted it).

Very unclear on how this can be enforced? May it will have the same penalties as removing that tag from Furniture? You know the one that says "Under penalty of law do not remove this tag".

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Like many thing there is a Nigerian Prince who knows the answer.:rolleyes:

Bad news: He's been dethroned so there isn't much he can do now. He recently reached out to me to help him get his money out of the country and offered me a hefty commission! Very kind of him. Hopefully when all is done he'll be in a position to help everyone again and I'll have enough dough to sail in the big suites the rest of my cruising days!! :D

I think I know how Celebrity is getting around their issue with the Canadian spam laws. We live near Chicago but my DW got an email from them today advertising what appears to be Canadian cruise bookings. She said it was for packages including airfare but all of the included airports were in Canada. So they've solved the problem by sending their Canadian emails to past passengers in the USA!! Easy peasy!

Received e-mail today requesting permission from Celebrity to send e-mails when Canada's spam law becomes effective July 1st

They have fixed the problem of not being able to enter the province. So -- returned the form to Celebrity and will remain on their mailing lists.:D

Thank you to Celebrity and my e-mail sent to "concerns@celebrity"

Have any Canadian CC posters received an e-mails from Celebrity asking their re-premissiom to send"sales/spam" e-mails to them? I don't think I have seen one yet (unless I deleted it).

Kevin Reid

received the e-mail today and filled out the form attached

Very unclear on how this can be enforced? May it will have the same penalties as removing that tag from Furniture? You know the one that says "Under penalty of law do not remove this tag".

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Got it and filled out the form.

Josée