Jade 6/14/14 Review

CruisingGs

DId you have any trouble switching your MIL's room to your husbands credit card at Guest Services after .you boarded? We are doing the same thing and it never occurred to me that when we checked in we would not be able to use our credit card for both rooms.

Terry

We went down twice to get it switched. The first time they did it, it was denied by the cc company because they suspected fraud. We called the cc company and got it taken care of. After going back down, it looked like everything was going ok. I looked at my checking account yesterday morning, and they charged it all to my debit card and nothing to his credit card. I don't know why. I would double check on check out day to make sure it works properly. I should have checked before we left the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Again thanks for posting. My wife and I will be taking Jade on same cruise next May. You were very consistent with your review and honest about NCL shore excursions. We may do Virgin Mary house in Turkey. Still have a few months to sort it out. Cheers.

Again thanks for posting. My wife and I will be taking Jade on same cruise next May. You were very consistent with your review and honest about NCL shore excursions. We may do Virgin Mary house in Turkey. Still have a few months to sort it out. Cheers.

You are welcome. My husband and mil loved that excursion.

We have never experienced the "free style" dining. How did you like that and do you make reservations. Also how difficult was it to get into the other restaurants, etc.?? THANKS

The one time we had to wait for a table, they gave us a pager and free drink vouchers. Making a reservation made it day to sit down and eat. When we didn't have a large party, it was pretty easy to sit right down at a table. This was at the 2 main dining rooms that are included with the cruise. We didn't do any specialty restaurants this time. At the buffet, it was more difficult to find a table at peek times. We would have to sit a ways off from the buffet, but we would sit be able to get a table.

thanks for this-going on Jade in August and there aren't a lot of reviews

just a note-what your relatives visited and you described as House of virgin Mary and a Library-the Library is actually part of Ephesus-an ancient town and major tourist attraction in area

we've got a balcony cabin on deck 9 and wondering whether it's worth getting a spa pass-have £150 OBC to use or whether to put towards UBP[have pre paid gratuities and have arranged private shore excursions

Hi again, does Jade have the navigation screens around the ship; telling you if the different dining areas are green, orange, or red?

Yes, they do. I didn't see a whole lot of them, but it did see a couple.

thanks for this-going on Jade in August and there aren't a lot of reviews

just a note-what your relatives visited and you described as House of virgin Mary and a Library-the Library is actually part of Ephesus-an ancient town and major tourist attraction in area

we've got a balcony cabin on deck 9 and wondering whether it's worth getting a spa pass-have £150 OBC to use or whether to put towards UBP[have pre paid gratuities and have arranged private shore excursions

Yes, Ephesus. I believe the excursion my parents took was the Best of Ephesus. My husband and MIL just did a partial tour, not the big one like my parents did.

I am not sure what the spa package includes. We may have to look into it for our cruise next year.

Thanks for the report, I am doing the same cruise in October. It will be our first cruise.

Good luck! I am sure you are going to love it. For dinner, The Grand pacific is more dressy than Alisters. My son was sent back to his room to change out of his shorts into slacks. He knew he wasn't supposed to wear shorts, but attempted to get away with it lol.

Lovely pictures and report Really like all the happiness

Thank you. We are a pretty easy family to please, but with NCL we are defiantly very happy. We have decided to not switch cruise lines anymore because we have been disappointed too many times. The only the only other cruise line I will use is Disney.

We have never experienced the "free style" dining. How did you like that and do you make reservations. Also how difficult was it to get into the other restaurants, etc.?? THANKS

It is rarely difficult to get reservations in the speciality restaurants. Unless you have a specific requirement for a venue and time then you are very likely to be able to get what you want on the day.

We usually decide where we want to eat during the day and make a reservation early afternoon. We've always been able to get where we want at around the right time.

It is possible to find that a specific restaurant (usually Le Bistro towards the end of the cruise) is busy, but generally it's fine. Also Teppenyaki only has a few tables, so it is best to book that earlier if it is important to get in at a specific time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This may seem like an odd thing to add, but I am going to anyways. If you have any PTSD from deploying to Iraq or Afghanistan, please know that one of our friends was triggered in Turkey. He was fine until the Prayer Call went off. He was shopping in the market. He wanted to get straight back on the ship. He said it brought back too many memories. The two other that have deployed to both places were fine.

This may seem like an odd thing to add, but I am going to anyways. If you have any PTSD from deploying to Iraq or Afghanistan, please know that one of our friends was triggered in Turkey. He was fine until the Prayer Call went off. He was shopping in the market. He wanted to get straight back on the ship. He said it brought back too many memories. The two other that have deployed to both places were fine.

I am retired from AF. I totally get what you are saying and thanks posting. You left a great review.